General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu's profile on the Beijing 2022 site :10815002:

https://olympics.com/beijing-2022/olympic-games/en/results/figure-skating/athlete-profile-n1038834-yuzuru-hanyu.htm

His profile is quite long and detailed compared to some of the others.

ETA: Sorry, it was already shared.

ETA2: I just noticed that many of his competition results were not added. I hope they fix this soon, since some other athletes like Mana have basically no information at this moment.

39 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

https://olympics.com/beijing-2022/olympic-games/en/results/figure-skating/athlete-profile-n1038834-yuzuru-hanyu.htm

Excuse me? Lol

Nickname: Mushy? And what is that sloppy summary for his graduation thesis? Since when Johnny is 2018 World bronze medalist? Also why they didn't list his OGMs in historical results? Shoma’s silver is there for his profile. 

Edit: I haven’t checked Nathan’s profile yet but I will sue Olympics if “straigthan”, “redacted” and “NFThan” aren’t listed as Nate's nicknames. The boy worked hard to earn those. 

Between this and 1) Mariah Bell won the 2020 WC, 2) Nate dating a Japanese skater since 2017 (that sounds awfully like Mai), 3) Vincent's 4Lz creditation at Pyeongchang, I don't know what is worse LOL 

Guest Mary_kyo
14 minutes ago, Nataliya05 said:

The nickname "Mushroom" in the profile looks very unsightly! Disrespectful to such an athlete.But, unlike the nicknames, they forgot to write that Yuzuru is the only one of the male single skaters with a Super helmet

Well, the nickname is actually GOAT.:coolio:

Anyway, I checked Nathan’s profile and they invented bunch of accomplishments for him as usual. I’m not surprised but being unethical even on trivial stuffs such as the athletes bio is very pathetic and shows insecurity.

9 минут назад, Melodie сказал:

Между этим и 1) Мэрайя Белл выиграла ЧМ-2020, 2) Нейт встречается с японской фигуристкой с 2017 года (это ужасно похоже на Май), 3) признание Винсента 4Lz в Пхенчхане, я не знаю, что хуже LOL 

Nickname:
Ice Prince, Mushy, Mushroom (ca.sports.yahoo.com, 13 Feb 2018)

GOAT they seem to have forgotten...

5 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Well, the nickname is actually GOAT.:coolio:

Anyway, I checked Nathan’s profile and they invented bunch of accomplishments for him as usual. I’m not surprised but being unethical even on trivial stuffs such as the athletes bio is very pathetic and shows insecurity.

Oh they do add imaginary stuff to his profile on Olys as well? Those stuff I listed are from NBC, but all the same, if you know what I mean LOL

Guest Mary_kyo
5 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Oh they do add imaginary stuff to his profile on Olys as well?

Spoiler

First skater to land five different quadruple jumps in competition (2017 US International Classic).

First skater to have landed five types of quadruple jumps in competitions: toe loop, Salchow, loop, flip and Lutz. (2017 USA Figure Skating Championships).

6 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Those stuff I listed are from NBC, but all the same, if you know what I mean LOL

Yes, I saw that, as usual USA thinks they are the only country on the map and it seems after all the PR for "gay friendly" Nathan, we are back to Straigthan who "has a Japanese girlfriend". Sure, we should never forget that he is straight. 

Guest turquoiseblue
22 hours ago, Sunshine25 said:

Actually Dmitri Aliev is trying to do the 4A. He has not yet been successful.

Welcome to the Planet, @Sunshine25 :welcome:
I didn't know he was working on a 4A. Could you share the source with us? I'm curious to learn more about that :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

15 hours ago, Yuaz12 said:

Hello members of planet hanyu.

It's been a long time I'm coming here. i remember the last time i posted here was pyeongchang olympic. Since then i forgot my passwd for my old account so i made a new one here lol.

I remember I'm following yuzu for the first time during LGC and H&L era. It's really something to watch his journey and him growing to be such a great skater that people adore and idolize. I used to worry and anxious everytime he compete. Even I cried when he bombed his SP at world's championship in 2017. But after he won his 2 OGM i became more at ease following his journey. Not over worried, anxious or panic like i did before PC Olympic. 

I know that competing at Olympic for 3rd times isn't even in his agenda but i really hope he got a gold medal because we know yuzu really hate to lose, so a gold is in his eyes for sure. Knowing how ISU works, surely it won't be easy for him to win this time. Regardless i wish him to land that 4A that he dreamed of since childhood. It will be legendary if he's really landed a first 4A at the Olympic. I hope he's stay healthy and injury free during Olympic :smiley-angelic001:

Welcome back, @Yuaz12 :img_21: It's lovely to see you again :10742289:

19 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

Profile comparison:

Yuzu

fBwid8R.jpg

Uno

4kz0Sri.jpg

Kagiyama

w6TkM23.jpg

Always seems to be Yuzu who has information about his successes left out.....interesting :emoticonaci2019_2:

Guest Mary_kyo

I just saw the judges list for Beijing :tif:

Isn't it awesome that just by looking at the names, we can already say how biased or unbiased they will be? What a fantastic "sport".

Some recognizable names: 

Spoiler

Sasha Martinez, Mami Maeda

14 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Always seems to be Yuzu who has information about his successes left out.....interesting :emoticonaci2019_2:

Wait. So they left out his gold OGs but left in Shoma's silver? And only Worlds? No OG, no gpf, no 4cc At first, I thought they were saving space or something dumb like that but then they proceed to list his inquiries.  

Meanwhile, they make sure to list Chen's (team) bronze and fifth place finish.

I know this is probably the work of some underpaid overworked intern but still, its the freaking Olympics. Get it together people. 

32 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I just saw the judges list for Beijing :tif:

Isn't it awesome that just by looking at the names, we can already say how biased or unbiased they will be? What a fantastic "sport".

Some recognizable names: 

Hide contents

Sasha Martinez, Mami Maeda

omgosh this is not good. she can just invalidate his spin or give him a phantom downgrade. we need to do something like report her or blow this up to the IOC. this is unacceptable panel. can we all tweet about this? somebody help!! is anyone from the gpf19? that event was trash