General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That or it's someone using Google Translate really badly on articles from already questionable sources...apparently they say Keegan has a daughter! Poor Wyatt, not even 6 months old an the IOC is already mixing him up with a girl...

Yes. I also read nonsense like Jason being Asian-American, and many pages are still half-empty. Honestly, these are not just some innocent mistakes anymore, but downright insulting misinformation about many athletes. This is the official page of the Olympics, not some cheap gossip website. This lack of fact-checking shows that they have 0 respect for their competitors. Professionals would have made sure that the pages are all complete and monitored by December and just update recent changes if needed.

Different topic: Mainichi Shimbun has published a series about Yuzu's road to Beijing in 4 chapters. The first two have been published already, the rest will follow on Feb 2.

3 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Find 5 differences :think:

FJkdhkLWYAEgxur?format=jpg&name=medium

I have found only 4 differences:scratch2:

19 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Turkish sports news knows what's up:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

There seems to be a Fanyu at the Turkish sports channel.

:wink_star:

This was posted two days ago :67638860:

Rough translation

There are 9 days left until the 2022 Winter Olympics. Let's remember Japan's Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu's performance in Sochi.

[NEWS]

Guest Mary_kyo

You know FS is a complete clownery show when Urmanov predicting Shoma, Vincent or Yuma winning Beijing. 

Spoiler

Olympic champion Alexei Urmanov shared his expectations for the men's competition at the Beijing Olympics. 

- As a person who once broke through the boundaries of complexity, do you understand the desire of the two-time Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu to jump the quadruple axel at all costs? Is he crazy or is there a great idea in this?

- Probably, every person at the highest level of sports is a little crazy. Zhenya Plushenko, if you remember, dreamed of doing all five quadruple jumps in one program. But this did not happen. I don't think it will happen to Yuzuru either. But, let's put it this way: if the guy is rushing from this jump - okay, let him go and try. 

- Once I asked you to make a prediction before the World Cup, and you guessed the names of all the winners. If I now ask you to do the same before the Olympic Games, will you take it?

— I don’t know if it makes sense to write about it now, everything is too shaky and vague. Besides, I'm not a fan of predictions at all. But purely intuitively, it seems to me that Hanyu will not become an Olympic champion for the third time.

- Lose to Nathan Chen?

- I would generally say that some unexpected person, on whom no one is betting now, can become an Olympic champion.

“Like Yuma Kagiyama?”

- May be. Personally, I would really like to see Shomu Uno on the Olympic podium. It seems to me that he finally "made friends" with his own head. There is another comrade who can "shoot" - this is Vincent Zhou. All three are from the category of people who are commonly called "dark horse".

— Why do you doubt Chen's chances, can you explain? Still, for quite a long time, Nathan won all the competitions in which he participated, with a colossal advantage he won the last world championship, breaking away from Hanyu by more than 30 points.

- What happened to him at the Pyeongchang Olympics, remember?

Even the greatest champions don't always win the Olympics. Although Nathan, like no one else, deserved to be on the podium, - said Urmanov. 

Anyway, "If people aren't laughing at your dreams, your dreams aren't big enough." It takes a true legend like Kohei to understand Yuzu's mindset, ability and visionary.