General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

A simple question: I'm taking a beginner's course in japanese and I'm writing my final essay about "my best memory". I decided to write about Helsinki and I just have one question. How should I refer to Yuzuru? Is writing Hanyu-kun/Yuzuru-kun too informal in that kind of essay? Should I use his entire name? Senshu? I feel clueless and it's supposed to be in in a few hours :embSwan:

(btw, I'd really like a streaming party!):tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

I'd go with Hanyu-sensshu. It's how they call him in the Japanese newspapers. 

On 5/4/2019 at 10:40 PM, yuzuangel said:

he has so much hair now lmao

There you go. One internet-free weekend and bamm. New Yuzu pic pops up :drama: #Murphy'sLaw

It's great to see him again, especially the happy smile!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I think I've never seen his hair being this full, voluminous and shiny? Looks really nice! However, I wonder, if he can skate with that deep curtain fringe on the ice? It would annoy the hell out of me, if I had to brush the hair out of my face after every single crossover.

20 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

There you go. One internet-free weekend and bamm. New Yuzu pic pops up :drama: #Murphy'sLaw

It's great to see him again, especially the happy smile!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I think I've never seen his hair being this full, voluminous and shiny? Looks really nice! However, I wonder, if he can skate with that deep curtain fringe on the ice? It would annoy the hell out of me, if I had to brush the hair out of my face after every single crossover.

Jun Hwan Cha manages to skate with his mane, so why shouldn't Yuzu cope? :D

46 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

If I were him I would perhaps only shave the hair close to the neck, and (maybe) keep the rest long (...alright maybe I'd shorten it a wee bit, but yeah...)

I am more bothered by the long hair closer to the neck rather than the bangs :xD:

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know if they're available in HK but it looks very nice:

They do look nice! Someone told me they give clear files as a gift with purchase at some of the Japanese airport duty-free stores, I wonder if thinks from that. 

29 minutes ago, kiches said:

They do look nice! Someone told me they give clear files as a gift with purchase at some of the Japanese airport duty-free stores, I wonder if thinks from that. 

Apparently there are two types of clear files:

You also have to purchase over US$90 and fill a registration form. There are only 200 sets of these gifts according to this tweet.

I don't know if there are other way to get these clear files though (maybe not...).

On 5/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, BrightonDogwoods said:

Wow, I couldn't stop crying, sobbing really, watching this!! I thought it would just be kind of cute but somehow it's so touching, the tribute to his skating. Maybe Pooh watching pushed me over the edge. Brava girls!! And in Kansas City, too, not exactly a skating-centric part of the US (just a couple of hours from me)

I am so glad you liked it!