General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

It's like: "Okay everyone, playtime is over. Boss has entered the rink and he will kill you, if you dare to mess with him." :laughing:

If you read interviews with his competitors, this is the Yuzu they know on the ice...so I love love love the programs that show this side of him. To me, Origin is the distilled essence of everything he is as a skater and an athlete. I think it's the program that most completely expresses his personality. 

But I also see this side of him even when he does something like Hope& Legacy or Haru Yo Koi. His sensitivity and art in those programs are just another aspect of the total mastery he has over his skating. I think you can't have one without the other. Whether the program is giving a 'badass' image, or a 'sensitive' image - those are both all him, and to try and separate them would be wrong. I feel that in order to understand Yuzu as an artist (and he IS an artist, make no mistake), it's important to embrace all his sides. 

After all, no one gets to be two-time OGM without having a little bit of fire, iron, and steel in their veins. 

I’m just greedy - no knowing when he might decide he’s had enough of the Canadian winter and transfer all that concentrated attention elsewhere - or god forbid, his ankle might give out - I’d just like as many programmes as possible before that happens.  

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I’m just greedy - no knowing when he might decide he’s had enough of the Canadian winter and transfer all that concentrated attention elsewhere - or god forbid, his ankle might give out - I’d just like as many programmes as possible before that happens.  

What do they say, though? Quality instead of quantity, right? c: 

I'd rather him have clean skates and achieve his dreams (4A), but he can do both if he wants to (new programs and new elements). 

I feel conflicted about the new vs. recycled programs.   

On the one hand, each of his recycled programs have been better the second (or third) season he did them.  I don't think I would be watching skating during this season if Ballade wasn't as masterful as it was at the Olympics, making me immediately obsess over him.  His Olympic Semei is the one I watch over and over, in spite of cleaner performances in 2015, because by that point he had such command over the choreography that I find it far superior over the previous versions.  I also don't feel like I've gotten enough of these programs and he hasn't even come close to tapping Origin's potential.

However, I also think there is so much artistic potential to still be explored and skating careers are so short.  I can't help but think about the possible treasure that will get displaced by a repeated program.

Unless he's able to skate his dream performance at worlds or WTT, I hope that if he does decide to repeat a program, that it's Origin.  As someone else said up thread, he's already given us a supreme version of Otonal.  There's an infinitessimal amount that he could improve on it, but if Rostelecom is the best version we ever get of it, I'm happy to keep playing that on loop.  I definitely don't want 2 recycled programs.

But ideally he'd skate his best programs of the year at worlds.  Get 2 new programs next year.  Then skate full versions of these programs in Ciontu 12 and 13 with the even greater grandeur that he will have acquired from further experience.  I don't give a flying fart about quads so he can do a delayed single axel on the gong, eliminate some of the jumps, and add in some of the choreography he lost.  You may ask, "why wouldn't he do it in Ciontu 2?"  -  well, because he's going to a full version of LGC, of course.  Plus, if he repeats Origin in Ciontu 13, it means that he'll be skating until he's at least 36.  

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

It's like: "Okay everyone, playtime is over. Boss has entered the rink and he will kill you, if you dare to mess with him." :laughing:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If you read interviews with his competitors, this is the Yuzu they know on the ice ... After all, no one gets to be two-time OGM without having a little bit of fire, iron, and steel in their veins. 

That's the magic: He's exquisitely sensitive, refined and etherial -- and an apex predator.

fawn.png  +  eagke.png  =  :9:

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg::8232307:

I love that quote. If I understand correctly, what that means is that he enjoys noodling around on the ice and gets new ideas that way...sort of like the way a musician will idly play notes until a melody emerges that they can use to write a song.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I love that quote. If I understand correctly, what that means is that he enjoys noodling around on the ice and gets new ideas that way...sort of like the way a musician will idly play notes until a melody emerges that they can use to write a song.

I feel like his thought process is more artistic than mechanical - he runs on inspiration!!

:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg::tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:Happy Woman's Day to all the lovely Satellites <3:67573697::67573697::67573697: Let's have a safe and happy season ending. I believe all of us have become stronger, more courageous and faithful gals thanks to this wonderful Spacekitty that is Yuzuru. Have a lovely Spacekitty :peek: