General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Fresca said:

Shame! I wouldn't be surprised if he plays around with the layout to see what works best for him if he's really going to use it for next season. Bring it on Hanyu...bring it on....:smiley-dance018:

Shame! I wouldn't be surprised if he plays around with the layout to see what works best for him if he's really going to use it for next season. Bring it on Hanyu...bring it on....:smiley-dance018:

I read that Mrs. Shirota said that he's gonna try different layouts for Chopin during FaoI

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

The issue with this, for me, is that there's not a whole lot further he can go, PCS wise... So even if he gets that, he might still get beaten if the BV isn't high enough... How kuyashii would that be? :yznotimpressed: The issue with aiming for a clean program is that the BV also needs to be high, or else you're not just counting on you being clean, but also on others not being clean... Which is a lot of variables. Most of all looking forward to proof of technical upgrades...

Precisely for the fact that he cannot go very further PCS wise, he has kept a Program that gives him confidence, calmness, strenght, gives him what he needs to up his technical content, so his BV, to confirm that he is the Absolute Champion because he is the Champion at both the technical side, and the Components side. 

Yuzuru will never count on others not being clean. That is not how he wants to win. He was very kuyashii about Sochi's LP. I believe he doesn't want to repeat that. 

When you put it that way, it isn't. I thought he matured a lot artistically since then, and in my view became a more perfect, complete skater. Part of that was innovation. So he is still a great technical skater, a great competitor, and there is incredible beauty to those programs, but there would be some disillusionment for me. Maybe my ideal does not overlap with his after all. That is no one's fault. I am a bad fan, in a way, because I care less about figure skating as a sport than as art. I am ignoring what it's really about, in the end, which is a competition.

@beki, what if your ideals do overlap? I really believe Yuzuru cares more about Performance (so, art) than the medals. But he knows something we don't know: he knows what he needs to accomplish the perfect Performance. So I can only believe in him, and believe he knows better than me what he needs to deliver exactly the kind of legendary performance that he wants to deliver. 

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Right now I'm set on completely different music cut and choreo. I just can't see a completely repeat, sorry.

I'm fine with both :biggrin: Tbh I don't want to get worry since its too early, things can be changed.  I want to enjoy the off season in peace, and seeing Yuzu being happy in ice show is enough for me. I recall this time last year and its much more terrible so I'm ok with Chopin 3.0 or even 4.0 :laughing:

All of the possibilities aka 3rd time Chopin, layout, judge's favor, scoring...I think he and his team know about these things better than all of us. I still waiting for Yuzu's words :smile:  

Mrs. Shirota said he'd try different Chopin layouts during FaOI? Makes sense to me. Under pressure, figure out what feels good.. and you know, with Jeff there, they can figure out additional choreo pieces and steps on the fly, if they so choose. Now that it's almost certain, I'm going to say go whole hog and get back into the Chopin mindset, Yuzu. Out Chopin, your Chopin.  

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Precisely for the fact that he cannot go very further PCS wise, he has kept a Program that gives him confidence, calmness, strenght, gives him what he needs to up his technical content, so his BV, to confirm that he is the Absolute Champion because he is the Champion at both the technical side, and the Components side. 

Yuzuru will never count on others not being clean. That is not how he wants to win. He was very kuyashii about Sochi's LP. I believe he doesn't want to repeat that.

I must have misunderstood you, then. I thought you meant his focus was mostly on skating skills. But it seems we both agree BV needs to go up, too. I really hope it will. (It wouldn't really surprise if he didn't up it, after today, in which case I'd really start worrying, because perfect PCS, even if possible, wouldn't be enough.) And I agree. He wants it all. I admit, I'd like it even more if he did it with brand new programs, but that's probably unreasonable. (But maybe he'll want to challenge that at the next Olympics? *hides*)

2 minutes ago, liv said:

Mrs. Shirota said he'd try different Chopin layouts during FaOI? Makes sense to me. Under pressure, figure out what feels good.. and you know, with Jeff there, they can figure out additional choreo pieces and steps on the fly, if they so choose. Now that it's almost certain, I'm going to say go whole hog and get back into the Chopin mindset, Yuzu. Out Chopin, your Chopin.  

So there is a chance for 4Lz/3A 4lo3t:snpeace:

It's interesting to note that, if you read from the beginning of Yuzuru's fan thread from that other place, just how many times fans have bemoaned his decisions (eg. moving to Canada, choosing Parisienne Walkways, adding a 3rd quad to LP etc) and how those decisions turn out to have benefited him greatly in the end. Of course I'm not saying he is always right or that his and his team's judgment is unquestionable, it's just that he is ultimately competing for himself and responsible for his results, so I don't really see the point of being disappointed at this stage... who knows how things will go even two months from now?

18 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

@beki, what if your ideals do overlap? I really believe Yuzuru cares more about Performance (so, art) than the medals. But he knows something we don't know: he knows what he needs to accomplish the perfect Performance. So I can only believe in him, and believe he knows better than me what he needs to deliver exactly the kind of legendary performance that he wants to deliver. 

After H&L's evolution, I had mentally prepared myself to trust any choice for a new long. But I had not mentally prepared for this repetition scenario... I've liked every short he's ever had, so I blithely assumed coming up with a new one = piece of cake lol :smiley-eatdrink011:

It's not that I always hate repeating. I even wanted Patrick to keep his long. Happy that Boyang is keeping Spider-Man. I don't know, it's just my instincts rebelling against it. It doesn't feel right... it's depressing... but I have changed my mind before.