General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I remember seeing him talk about that at one of the Sochi press conferences.  I find that very strange because I find that soup actually suppresses hunger.  Whenever I'm trying to drop a few pounds I go on a soup, fruit, vegetable and tea/coffee diet.  

You would think the easiest way to put on weight would be to chug protein shakes or something.  Even when I'm not at all hungry it's easy to spend a minute drinking a shake.

I heard elsewhere that he also does an amino acid drink every day.

1 hour ago, Maia said:
  Hide contents

Mr Hanyu in the Singapore newspaper.

Hide contents

IMG_0075.jpegIMG_0077.jpeg

"That he achieved this while enduring the pain of a potentially career-ending ankle injury was testament to his will power and determination." 

I'm glad this was acknowledged. Which reminds me, was his injury during Boston World's reported after? I remember fans saying there was a 3-month media blockout after Boston. Is the NA media at least aware of it by now? 

41 minutes ago, Erin said:

"That he achieved this while enduring the pain of a potentially career-ending ankle injury was testament to his will power and determination." 

I'm glad this was acknowledged. Which reminds me, was his injury during Boston World's reported after? I remember fans saying there was a 3-month media blockout after Boston. Is the NA media at least aware of it by now? 

We knew nothing of it until after. He kept quite the poker face even skating a near record short only for that free to happen. I remember getting back to my hotel room, feeling bummed (and doubly so because I could only make it to the free in person) and my cousin was suspecting he could be injured.  Then the news broke. 

3 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

We knew nothing of it until after. He kept quite the poker face even skating a near record short only for that free to happen. I remember getting back to my hotel room, feeling bummed (and doubly so because I could only make it to the free in person) and my cousin was suspecting he could be injured.  Then the news broke. 

Did NA media report about it? Because during 2016-2017 season, or perhaps it was only in the videos i saw, the commentators did not mention anything about it. And it made me wonder if they thought Yuzu "crumbled under pressure" and so they think Yuzu is "inconsistent" or a "has-been" or "mentally weak". Still makes me angry when i see comments like these. 

1 hour ago, Erin said:

Did NA media report about it? Because during 2016-2017 season, or perhaps it was only in the videos i saw, the commentators did not mention anything about it. And it made me wonder if they thought Yuzu "crumbled under pressure" and so they think Yuzu is "inconsistent" or a "has-been" or "mentally weak". Still makes me angry when i see comments like these. 

I don't remember honestly.

Hace 14 horas, MrPudding said:

young seimei :laughing:

Wow I reafirm that he looks super good with that hair color... Sometimes I would like to see Yuzu experiment with his hair :peekapooh:

LMAO 7:06 "Ooh fancy" two seconds later ~ shaking the bag~ :rofl:

12 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Does the heart good to read this.  Just watched the British Eurosport broadcast of 2018 worlds on Youtube and was rather appalled by some of the comments.  They couldn't figure out why Aliev didn't get points for his 3T in the short and lady commentator said that Nathan will be the greatest skater ever.  It's fine to have a differing opinion but it's rather disheartening to hear anyone in the skating community to praise someone so highly based on jumps.  Male commentator also called a quad flip as a triple loop and predicted a new world record based on Nathan's free skate 

I really liked what Tanith White had to say in the 4th segment of the NBC pre-FS discussion with Liam McHugh and Scott Hamilton. They were discussing whether or not Yuzu would be the GOAT if he won his second Olympic medal.

She seemed to think that the ISU changing the rules to balance jumps and program components was a good thing and that we already had an example of the perfect all-around skater in Yuzuru Hanyu.

Scott Hamilton thought that Dick Button is the GOAT, but Tanith White disagreed with him and said that Yuzu would be the GOAT if he won his second Olympic gold medal.

https://mega.nz/#F!c9ETCbhA!aGU8aGszJQvCyuITMRO9ew.

[Video] [Competition] Senior Level Competitions Media Post
2018 WINTER OLYMPICS
Multiple FLUFF piece
2018-02-17 Olympics 2018 NBC – Pre-FS discussion (4 of 5)

I went through that teen choice hashtag (#ChoiceMaleAthlete) and Yuzu has at least 10 times as many nominations as anyone else. Maybe I just didn't look deep enough, but the other two appearing often were (weirdly both figure skaters too) Scott Moir and Adam Rippon. 

However, TCA seems like something very US celebrity focused, so my money would be on them nominating Adam, he's simply everywhere and is more than just an athlete, plus the fact that he stands against bullying and is sending the message to be yourself, which I think is something they'd want to promote.

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

https://mega.nz/#F!c9ETCbhA!aGU8aGszJQvCyuITMRO9ew.

[Video] [Competition] Senior Level Competitions Media Post
2018 WINTER OLYMPICS
Multiple FLUFF piece
2018-02-17 Olympics 2018 NBC – Pre-FS discussion (4 of 5)

Interesting listening to that fluff, certainly gives another perspective. It's a shame that the commentary/analysis is not the most accurate - eg Agosto in the post-SP commentary indicated that Hanyu had had a knee injury leading up to PC! An analyst in one of the other fluff segments suggested that Fernandez had added a jump in his long program in Sochi and hence he missed out on a podium finish - I thought the problem was that Fernandez missed the combination on one of his jumps, and so his later jump (which Orser himself had commented that it was a shame that Fernandez had not been able to troubleshoot whilst skating and change that jump to something else) ended up counting as a repeated jump (and thus not scored the same BV as if he hadn't missed his combo), as opposed to an extra jump "added"? I also had to laugh - the after-SP discussion talked about Uno, and in the video clip of him skating, they (initially) labelled it as Yuzuru Hanyu! It reminded me of the time that commentator attributed Hanyu and Uno as being from China!

They did make an interesting observation - that Hanyu reordered some of his elements in his PC Seimei (they said a jump and the choregraphic sequence were swapped around, they also said that a triple axel was changed to a triple loop) - although given the number of inaccuracies in other parts of the analysis, I'm not sure if anyone can confirm if this observation was true? I couldn't find any other YT clips of Hanyu's 2017/2018 Seimei to compare to his PC program.

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

However, TCA seems like something very US celebrity focused, so my money would be on them nominating Adam, he's simply everywhere and is more than just an athlete, plus the fact that he stands against bullying and is sending the message to be yourself, which I think is something they'd want to promote.

I think Yuzuru also stands against bullying and always sends messages to be yourself. He only does it in different style than Adam. I'd say, in a more subtle, less flashy way :sipping:

Just now, Murieleirum said:

I think Yuzuru also stands against bullying and always sends messages to be yourself. He only does it in different style than Adam. I'd say, in a more subtle, less flashy way :sipping:

Yes, of course he does, but Yuzu is not American, that's why I don't see a chance of him getting nominated. I don't think there's ever been a nominee from a foreign country for those type of awards. Maybe there have been some artists from other english speaking countries though, but it's usually only mainstream  American celebrities who win, that's what I meant :) 

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

Yes, of course he does, but Yuzu is not American, that's why I don't see a chance of him getting nominated. I don't think there's ever been a nominee from a foreign country for those type of awards. Maybe there have been some artists from other english speaking countries though, but it's usually only mainstream  American celebrities who win, that's what I meant :) 

I think if there is enough tweets for him, he will get nominated and win. 

My fave kpop group (BTS) won Favorite Global Music Star last year against artists like Taylor Swift and Lorde. :biggrin:

Eta: but I don’t think Yuzu going to win. The twts for him to be nominated has to be a lot, like world wide trending. What I’m seeing on twtter is just a few here and there for him. It’s all just for fun anyways.  :)