General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Erin said:

Sorry for jumping to another topic, please do continue the one about Pooh. I just stumbled upon this and noticed that Yuzu has a mole on his right eyelid. Is that really a mole? How is it I only noticed it now? Am I even a fanyu? I'm so ashamed. :headdesk2: 

Honestly, Yuzu's got great eyebrows

8 hours ago, Erin said:

Thank you gladi, i've been waiting for this haha 

45 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Off topic.

I'm rewatching Avatar: the last airbender. I'm at season 2 now, and when Azula met Zuko, she called him "Zuzu".

I went :english1:, and promptly died of laughter:rofl:

Carry on.

Dude, literally me a few days ago, i almost spat out my water and went "Oh god, please no, he's haunting me" lmao :4: ATLA is such a great show though, you got taste

The hate on different skaters and fandoms is so stupid and i thought i would be able to escape it when i entered a figure skating one but a few months in the thick of it has proven that all fandoms truly are the same. All i can do is roll my eyes at people that behave that way.

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

New magazine!  :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Is this not “Look past the tip of my finger and straight into the soul of my eyes.... You are officially bewitched.” ?

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

bot-seimei :peek:

Why is my mind seeing Yuzu dancing like that on ice? :4:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Watching this video embedded in the forum. You know what is funny? Seeing Yuzu in your profile pic at the side nodding and squinting eyes as Javier talks :rofl:

4 hours ago, Erin said:

Girl who tripped @0:07, I feel for you. :10742289: 

Just noticed at 8:21 after the fall Yuzu stood up and crinkle smiled with the appropriate music background “ I don’t care, I love it “

:xD:  :joy:

Spoiler

Guess what music they were blaring when a Yuzu practiced at ACI last year ... “I’m sexy and I know it “  :peekapooh:

12 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Hide contents

Guess what music they were blaring when a Yuzu practiced at ACI last year ... “I’m sexy and I know it “  :peekapooh:

Yuzu skating to American music during practices is my favourite thing right now. There's a fancam on YouTube of Yuzu doing the Seimei step sequence and Kendrick's DNA is blaring in the back... So good. 

Time to scour the ACI practice vids for Yuzu skating to said song... :muahaha:

Does anyone know if the press conference with Yuzu, Shoma and Javi at the Olympics was ever broadcasted? I seem to have seen clips from it, but never the whole thing. If it wasn't broadcasted does anyone know if there is some kind of summary of what was said there or not...? Idk,,,,

I decided that I might have something to say on the supposed rivalry between Nathan and Yuzu.  First, as far as the two skaters go any rivalry is on Nathan's part, not Yuzu's.  Yuzu is skating against himself since there's no one out there who is better than him and I think Yuzu is probably aware of that though he will never say such a thing publicly.  In fact, I think Yuzu's opponent is his conception of skating perfection and that is a goal I think he's been pursuing ever since he first started taking skating seriously.  It is a goal he will never reach because I think every time he gets close he resets the goal on a higher level.  That's why almost all the commentators (except perhaps the American) talk about how Yuzu is redefining the sport.  As for Nathan, I'm sure he has a rivalry with Yuzu but it's only to be expected.  EVERY skater has a rivalry with Yuzu because, for those on the bottom end of the skill level he's the Impossible Dream and for those on top he's the ONE TO BEAT.  The thing those on the upper tier find most frustrating, though, is that Yuzu is so oblivious to all that.  Rivalries for Yuzu are a non-issue.

Now for the fans, and here I'll slide slightly off-topic to prove a point.  I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and have for several decades.  I moved here from Chicago when I began grad school and remained since this is an easy town to live in.  This city, indeed, the whole state, is football crazy, totally manic about the Huskers, who in recent years have fallen on hard times but are now hoping to rebuild with a new coach on deck, one who was a former star quarterback for the Huskers.  The fans here in this state, though, unlike fans in so many places, stick tight with the team even in the hard times.  The evidence?  The last time Memorial Stadium was not sold-out for a home game was in the very early 1960s.  It's a national record and one that gets revised after every home game.  Another thing, though, is the nationwide reputation Nebraska fans have for their courtesy and respect of those fans of the visiting team.  Win or lose the fans in the stands always applaud the visiting team as they leave the field.  As for those visiting teams, they know the reputation of the Nebraska fans and don't misinterpret the applause.  They know that it is part of the Nebraska fans' code and so they know it is not a sarcastic or negative applause when exiting.  Another part of the whole reputation is that fans of the visitors in the stands are never treated hostilely, not only when in the stands, but also on the streets.  If a Nebraska fan gets out of line, other Husker fans will correct the offender and apologize for the bad behavior.

My point for all this is that Yuzu fans should deliberately cultivate a code of civility when dealing with opposing fans.  I think they probably are already doing so.  I think part of the hostility of other fans might possibly be out of jealousy.  None of the other skaters get a cascade onto the ice of fan gifts like Yuzu gets with the Poohvalanches, and which he gets routinely, so routinely that managers of competitions in which Yuzu is participating know to have extra flower girls and boys on hand to clear the ice.  The thing is that Yuzu is already legendary not only for his skill on the ice but for the dedication of his fans.  None of the other skaters have a following of such intensity, a following that actually follows him around the world.  As one commentator said years ago, "Everywhere he goes it's a home-town crowd".  Truer words were never spoken.

Another element one should keep in mind is related directly to the Nathan issue and also the issue about Adam Rippon and the Time magazine poll.  The fact is Americans have a tendency to think if it's American it's automatically better, and this includes American athletes, even when all the statistics prove them wrong.  The Nathan obsession is quite simply because Nathan is the best they can come up with to match Yuzu.  Of course, we all know, there's no contest.  Yuzu is light years ahead of Nathan.  His truly authentic rivals are Shoma and Boyang and even those two know the only way they'll win right now is if Yuzu loses.  That's the reason, I think, that Shoma knows his two Japanese championships are asterisked, because Yuzu wasn't there.  I think Shoma is eagerly waiting for the day that he beats Yuzu in a truly open competition, one with no injuries or other factors compromising the event.  As for the Adam Rippon situation, I'll go along with a person commenting a few pages back, the recognition was basically because of Adam's championing of gay issues in the US.

The thing is, I don't think anything will be accomplished here if we spend all the time obsessing over the misbehavior of opposing fans.  They aren't going to change so we should sail blithely over all of it.  Don't even acknowledge it.  Everyone here knows that with Yuzu we are not only dealing with a legendary skater but a truly noble human being.  We diminish ourselves and him by concentrating on the negatives of those who in their actions not only discredit themselves but the skaters they support.

6 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

The joy he has on ice is so pure and free !!!i can’t help but smile with him !  The anticlimax of the hydro blade !!! So cute !!!!

Negl, the first thing I think of is how stupidly fast he is on ice. Chin hands :biggrin:

At least once a day I rewatch Seimei at Olys. It's not a plan or scheduled; rather, I just miss Yuzu and fill the void with his last competitive skated program.

But I still end up getting choked up and teary-eyed everytime. Is it just me? I'm happy Yuzu got his second gold, but more than anything I just love Seimei so much (H&L too) and it's sooooo hard to let go. My love for it and sadness overwhelms me. :sad-smiley-046: A year ago I didn't think skating would make me feel so much. How do I let go?