General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Yoa said:

I don't understand anything but news from Brian

Same news as above, though quoted differently. The one above is more "probably will return to 100%" and this one is just flat out quotes Orser saying "will return to 100%," though it says it's Orser's expectation. 

So he perhaps said something like "I expect him to return to 100%." 

New York Times Sunday magazine article on the "artistic" side of skating featuring Jason Brown.  

There was a hilarious quote from the author's husband complaining about Nathan and his very "technical program".

“No, I don’t like this,” my husband announced as Chen swept over the ice like Darth Vader. “I don’t want tricks.

I want a guy wearing a see-through leotard who’s pretending to be a swan.”

1 minute ago, Bonesfan said:

New York Times Sunday magazine article on the "artistic" side of skating featuring Jason Brown.  

There was a hilarious quote from the author's husband complaining about Nathan and his very "technical program".

“No, I don’t like this,” my husband announced as Chen swept over the ice like Darth Vader. “I don’t want tricks.

:smiley-laughing021: I’m dying. 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Same news as above, though quoted differently. The one above is more "probably will return to 100%" and this one is just flat out quotes Orser saying "will return to 100%." 

Also that they're very confident, Brian believes in him and Yuzu has a lot of confidence, too.

The article again says Brian said Yuzu will avoid the lutz, but the quote they have on the topic only says "He is smart. [He knows] what he should do, what is necessary to become Olympic Champion again"

Just now, KatjaThera said:

Also that they're very confident, Brian believes in him and Yuzu has a lot of confidence, too.

The article again says Brian said Yuzu will avoid the lutz, but the quote they have on the topic only says "He is smart. [He knows] what he should do, what is necessary to become Olympic Champion again"

Should we start counting our unhatched chickens now? >_>

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180206-00050049-yom-spo

Here Brian is quoted to say “Yuzu’s already started jumping quads in practice. From about a week ago he’s been returning to form in a surprising speed/ to a surprising degree.” (Again, very rough translation)

Can’t tell from the Japanese if it was a week ago that he started to jump quad, or he jumped quads before  but just hit the surprising degree from a week ago??? Someone better at Japanese help please!:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

NBC article with Orser about Yuzu

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/coach-brian-orser-updates-gold-medalist-yuzuru-hanyus-injury-recovery?amp&__twitter_impression=true

“He’s training and he’s training well, I can say that much,” Orser said on Tuesday at the Gangneung Ice Arena practice facility, where Orser was working with another skater.

“He’s back jumping and… the whole past week was really good. Every day he was getting stronger and stronger. He’s training without pain, and being cautious and smart.”

Orser continued: “It’s been quite a journey, actually. I’ve learned a lot about him and I think he’s learned a lot about himself. For me, I’m really impressed as to how he’s managed it and kept himself cool. We have a plan and we’re staying on it; every day is getting better. He’s quite remarkable.” 

12 minutes ago, Bonesfan said:

The Boyang erasure yet again. No, Nathan is not the one who prompted the quadburst, that was Boyang.

Ooooh the US media making me mad. Their pushing makes me want to dislike the kid when I honestly think he is pretty phenomenal. His 4F and 4Lz technique, his SP as it was before... Ugh.

But Vera Wang, what an own goal if a casual watcher's impression of Nathan was Darth Vader! :smiley-laughing021:

“He’s training and he’s training well, I can say that much,” Orser said on Tuesday at the Gangneung Ice Arena practice facility, where Orser was working with another skater.

“He’s back jumping and… the whole past week was really good. Every day he was getting stronger and stronger. He’s training without pain, and being cautious and smart.”