General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Oh, I'm sure it's a typo in the ANA article. Or it was written by someone who doesn't really know much about figure skating and doesn't know about Nessie.

That said, I've always been intrigued by the way he's talked about 4A. He's said it's hard to train because of the risk of injury and so it would be difficult to do it at the Olympics, but he also said something like "I need to think about it." Which to me, means that he wants to analyze and see if there might be some scenario in which that risk is worth taking. Keeping in mind that PC is THE event and what comes after doesn't really matter that much (as in he probably hasn't thought about it much, yet)... I think if he were to get in a "nothing to lose" kind of mind frame, it wouldn't be impossible. (I don't know if I'd want something like that or not... I'm likely to suffer multiple heart attacks no matter what he does, but with that on top... I also want us both to live so I can finally see Seimei, up close and personal in Milan, please! Maybe he can try 4A, there... >_> At least kill me face to face.)

I felt the same... I am trying to encourage myself by thinking it all seems so bad mostly because he's talked about health so much and he's being extra cautious, but that under different circumstances it's an injury he would have easily skated through. It's good he's extra cautious. But  knowing some of the things he's achieved before, despite injuries, like NHK and GPF 2015, Worlds 2012 (even Worlds 2013, the FS at least), or even just that he skated through everything that happened to him at CoC '14, that he's been sidelined for so long makes it seem a lot worse... I personally just want to think they're just being careful. He's behaving and it's actually not that bad and he'll be fine. *crosses all limbs*

Nah, I don't think he'll bring Nessie out yet. It's not something necessary for this season yet....after the +5/-5 GOE system comes into place, with the reduced time and less jumping passes, he might consider it depending on how the GOE points get rewarded. If GOEs are as chaotic as it has been this season....he might bring it out, especially if PCs scores continue their upward trajectory.

As for his health, I trust that his team knows what to do. The issue now is a) he is older, and won't recover as quickly as youngsters; b) he hurt a part that doesn't heal as cleanly, so it'll take longer than he originally expected (not super long, but still 1-2 weeks longer than his prognosis in Nov is expected), ligaments and muscles can take longer than bones, simply because they are more supple and used all the darn time (never really in rest).  But what he does have is just so many more years of muscle memory as backup versus the younger guys- that's why Nobu said he won't take that long to recover his quads. I wonder if he can even do double jumps now, because I can imagine his muscle memories taking up directly up to triples.

I don't know if Yuzu is really "sidelined"- it's just that versus a couple years ago, with all the quads all the men are less consistent. And this cycle, we've got more good skaters all within scoring range of each other. This is something that frankly, hasn't been seen for a LONG while. Usually in the men's field, you have 1-2 frontrunners, but this cycle, there's 6. Yuzu is still the "one to beat" since all the media narrative focus on the necessity of winning over him. It's just that relative to say, Plushenko era, Yagudin era, you don't have as much a gap between the top 6 men anymore.  And it's a good thing- it means skating has evolved so much more.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

We will finally meet the Swan Prince... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I don't even like Notte Stellata as much as others, but lately I've been really stuck on the Swan Prince... that Rostelecom performance was insanely beautiful... (I wonder if there were any changes planned before he took it into his own hands, or it was just like last year, and ALL the changes are stuff he came up with there and then...)

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't even like Notte Stellata as much as others, but lately I've been really stuck on the Swan Prince... that Rostelecom performance was insanely beautiful... (I wonder if there were any changes planned before he took it into his own hands, or it was just like last year, and ALL the changes are stuff he came up with there and then...)

I’m wondering the same thing about the changes, too. It wasn’t my favourite before CoR, either, but I think that performance was the best I’ve ever seen anything skated. I can’t believe it’s real. It’s astounding.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Nah, I don't think he'll bring Nessie out yet. It's not something necessary for this season yet....after the +5/-5 GOE system comes into place, with the reduced time and less jumping passes, he might consider it depending on how the GOE points get rewarded. If GOEs are as chaotic as it has been this season....he might bring it out, especially if PCs scores continue their upward trajectory.

As for his health, I trust that his team knows what to do. The issue now is a) he is older, and won't recover as quickly as youngsters; b) he hurt a part that doesn't heal as cleanly, so it'll take longer than he originally expected (not super long, but still 1-2 weeks longer than his prognosis in Nov is expected), ligaments and muscles can take longer than bones, simply because they are more supple and used all the darn time (never really in rest).  But what he does have is just so many more years of muscle memory as backup versus the younger guys- that's why Nobu said he won't take that long to recover his quads. I wonder if he can even do double jumps now, because I can imagine his muscle memories taking up directly up to triples.

I don't know if Yuzu is really "sidelined"- it's just that versus a couple years ago, with all the quads all the men are less consistent. And this cycle, we've got more good skaters all within scoring range of each other. This is something that frankly, hasn't been seen for a LONG while. Usually in the men's field, you have 1-2 frontrunners, but this cycle, there's 6. Yuzu is still the "one to beat" since all the media narrative focus on the necessity of winning over him. It's just that relative to say, Plushenko era, Yagudin era, you don't have as much a gap between the top 6 men anymore.  And it's a good thing- it means skating has evolved so much more.

Oh, I agree it's not necessary, but I guess with Yuzu, it's never say never to me lol

I wonder how much of a difference a few years make, re: older... but yes, I had a ligament injury once, too, and it took 3 weeks just to be able to walk normally, though not pain-free. I also think they're simply not forcing it. And I think he can do some doubles, but I think we know he can't do double axels for example (which is part of why Shoma's 2A-4T made me snicker a bit; made me wonder, if Yuzu could still do 2A, if he could do that combination, too ^_^; ). Though actually, in 2016, didn't he have to start all jumps again, from singles and work his way up? Or is my memory playing tricks on me... if he did, then maybe he can do doubles...

And by "sidelined", I meant just him having to stay off ice and away from competitions. It's funny, in a way, he's still the one to beat, but is also, possibly, the biggest unknown, because his competitors didn't really get a chance to see where he is with these programs. (Though then again, so is Boyang and he has a harder time, because new programs. And Javi is always a wild card, IMO. And of course, Patrick, too...)

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I’m wondering the same thing about the changes, too. It wasn’t my favourite before CoR, either, but I think that performance was the best I’ve ever seen anything skated. I can’t believe it’s real. It’s astounding.

I love Notte Stellata but I think I love it so much not only because of the skating itself, which is gorgeous (the delayed 1A!!) but because that costume is just so beautiful and speaks to my own sense of aesthetics so well. 

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I admit, the stabbing and wings unfurling part kills me every time. Though the whole thing is amazing. Someone should interview David and ask him about it. And also about what it was like working with an older and more mature - and with more stamina :P - Yuzu...

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I love Notte Stellata but I think I love it so much not only because of the skating itself, which is gorgeous (the delayed 1A!!) but because that costume is just so beautiful and speaks to my own sense of aesthetics so well. 

I just think it embodies the essence of his skating. Not sure if any other skater, male or female alike, can really do that music justice.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I admit, the stabbing and wings unfurling part kills me every time. Though the whole thing is amazing. Someone should interview David and ask him about it. And also about what it was like working with an older and more mature - and with more stamina :P - Yuzu...

I spent so long trying to convince my mother that “Nooo, don’t worry! The swan isn’t dying!” but I can’t hide it anymore after CoR. :biggrin: 

Maybe I’m morbid because some others don’t see it in the choreography but it’s just so brilliant how the wings follow through after the stabbing, like his soul is flowing out and up into the heavens. 

Please, DW, gives us an update! What a shame that last long interview was with TSL. >_>

@xeyra The costume really is genius in how the swan can be read in so many ways. His arms can be wings or necks or his torso the body or wrapped in wings, a single swan or a pair of swans. And the way it sits on his shoulders gives the illusion that he’s actually developed avian anatomy which adds so much to the beautiful choreography. Also, sparkly and purdy. :P 

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I spent so long trying to convince my mother that “Nooo, don’t worry! The swan isn’t dying!” but I can’t hide it anymore after CoR. :biggrin: 

Maybe I’m morbid because some others don’t see it in the choreography but it’s just so brilliant how the wings follow through after the stabbing, like his soul is flowing out and up into the heavens. 

Please, DW, gives us an update! What a shame that last long interview was with TSL. >_>

@xeyra The costume really is genius in how the swan can be read in so many ways. His arms can be wings or necks or his torso the body or wrapped in wings, a single swan or a pair of swans. And the way it sits on his shoulders does so much to give the illusion that he’s actually developed avian anatomy which adds so much to the beautiful choreography. Also, sparkly and purdy. :P 

Now I feel like re-acquainting myself to the original story... but that moment is beautiful and it wasn't there before and I wonder what made him add it (or maybe it was far more subtle and I didn't notice it... I was actually surprised, even when I first watched that live, that I could spot the differences... it's harder for me to spot differences in Seimei and I've watched that a million times, but in Notte Stellata at Rostelecom, I immediately noticed differences...)

As for the costume, I wish it could exist without the mesh, but laws of physics >_< (unless he glued it to his skin and I doubt that'd be comfortable...)

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Now I feel like re-acquainting myself to the original story... but that moment is beautiful and it wasn't there before and I wonder what made him add it (or maybe it was far more subtle and I didn't notice it... I was actually surprised, even when I first watched that live, that I could spot the differences... it's harder for me to spot differences in Seimei and I've watched that a million times, but in Notte Stellata at Rostelecom, I immediately noticed differences...)

As for the costume, I wish it could exist without the mesh, but laws of physics >_< (unless he glued it to his skin and I doubt that'd be comfortable...)

It was there before but it’s much more pronounced now. 

The mesh is a shame, indeed. 

I really liked Requiem of Heaven and Earth! Hands down my favourite ex ever >""< Baby looked so emotional and passionate! Though I don't like Notte Stellata that much, but I gotta admit that one Twirl sandwich is just defying all physics XD Not to mention that delayed 1A >w<

997f691b5d1b276dbb3d8120123bb72a.gif

tumblr_nrr2okro7u1rjrobro2_540.gif

1 minute ago, VyVy99 said:

I really liked Requiem of Heaven and Earth! Hands down my favourite ex ever >""< Baby looked so emotional and passionate! Though I don't like Notte Stellata that much, but I gotta admit that one Twirl sandwich is just defying all physics XD

If he were to skate it again with his upgraded skills it would definitely match or outdo CoR swan. I want to see it so much. :10636614:

6 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I really liked Requiem of Heaven and Earth! Hands down my favourite ex ever >""< Baby looked so emotional and passionate! Though I don't like Notte Stellata that much, but I gotta admit that one Twirl sandwich is just defying all physics XD Not to mention that delayed 1A >w<

Requiem is my favorite ex too <3 but I love the swan too. All this swan talk is making me emotional! :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

15 hours ago, xeyra said:

The Banner @gladi and co created from our messages! The Making of (check the full post)

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/168974223769/a-banner-for-yuzu-making-of

Thank you thank you so much @gladifor the banner! And for everyone who was involved and lent a hand in putting it together. It's beautiful and amazing! We can't be grateful enough for all the work that you've done! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

12 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

:13877886: Has this been posted before? :13877886:

This just melted me today... I can't :13877886:

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Today is so full of new Yuzu content. As everyone has said, finally us cacti have been watered for a bit.