General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Melodie said:

Mountain upon mountain for Yuzu 

Re Oly judges: This MUST be on purpose, choosing judges and tech panel controller who have known negative bias to Yuzu - how are they selected by the way? I find it hard to believe it's random, much more likely to be another piece of the jigsaw to ensure a US victory....along with a dodgy bio for Yuzu (again!!)

Guest Mary_kyo

Well, at this rate, Yuzu skating clean with him landing 4A to his satisfaction is enough to me. Whether a totally corrupted system will give him his deserving gold is out of my interest. He is far beyond all of them combined.

I always said the consistency of overscored skaters such as Nathan is due to his knowledge that the judges are on his side (plus his empty programs that he knows will be highly scored regardless of their emptiness). Such a dirty battle and dirty competitors.

I just hope that Yuzu manages to endure this mental battle and skate clean (he proved he is completely capable of that). Clean performances of Yuzu will go down the history, no matter the color of the medal.

Let’s not forget, either, that a sufficiently egregious result can blow up the entire system when it happens on the Olympic stage. (See: Salt Lake, 2002.) That might be the only legacy better than a 3rd OGM. 
Of course, that scenario would probably require JSF to grow a spine, but a fanyu can still dream. 
:darklordyuzu:

Nozomu Yoshioka

I saw Hanyu at the All-Japan Championships, and that motivated me to train harder. I thought that Hanyu was so great that he was in a different league from me. Of course, all the competitors were good, but Hanyu was especially great. I'm glad I could participate in All-Japan. 

https://news.jsports.co.jp/skate/article/20190310222457/?p=3

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
19 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Profile comparison:

Yuzu

fBwid8R.jpg

Uno

4kz0Sri.jpg

Kagiyama

w6TkM23.jpg

It's especially weird because up until recently, it seemed like the Olympic channel social media manager was a fanyu, tweeting about Yuzu every chance they got. Surely they'd notice this was wrong and fix it?

54 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Probably another thing IOC has outsourced to US media…

That or it's someone using Google Translate really badly on articles from already questionable sources...apparently they say Keegan has a daughter! Poor Wyatt, not even 6 months old an the IOC is already mixing him up with a girl...

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That or it's someone using Google Translate really badly on articles from already questionable sources...apparently they say Keegan has a daughter! Poor Wyatt, not even 6 months old an the IOC is already mixing him up with a girl...

I wrote and suggested they look at Wikipedia - such an anti-Yuzu bias. (They'd have seen that Keegan has a son, not a daughter, on Wikipedia.)  I, too, wonder where this came from after they've even been using him for promotional purposes.  (And I can'r even read any of the press on these Olympics,  it's all NC.

Guest turquoiseblue

When I asked IOC to correct the mistake in an article on Yuzu around the Pyeongchang Olympics, they immediately (within 10 hours or so) replied telling me that they had fixed it. They were a little bit better back then :dry: