General Yuzuru Chat

On 12/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, Henni147 said:

Sportschau LMEY has just casually reached 2.6 million views. YES SIR   :9:

Also: The compilation of his Olympic routines is less than 3K views away from hitting 2.5 million!

Here an update:

Sportschau LMEY has currently over 2.8 Mio views :smiley-happy105:

.. and the compilation of his Olympic routines already over 2.7 Mio views. :happy0065:

Guest Mary_kyo

Without even checking the writer’s name, I knew it was going to be Nick McCarvel. The passive negativity and doubt through the article. Also, Yuzu saying “I don’t have enough to win it” is him being realistic about the unfair scoring. I also love how the western media never mention the support of King Kohei (the male Simone tbh) when they write about 4A. It’s good that they doubt him though because Yuzu is the most dangerous when he is unfairly doubted. 

I can't believe I have to sit through Beijing and watch the fake rivalry between Yuzu and Nathan, that is actually cooked by ISU mouthpieces such as Nick over the past 4 years. Man, the boot focused video of Nathan's rocketman is on twitter and such a mediocre skater is painted as favorite for Gold. It's insulting tbh. 

49 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Without even checking the writer’s name, I knew it was going to be Nick McCarvel. The passive negativity and doubt through the article. Also, Yuzu saying “I don’t have enough to win it” is him being realistic about the unfair scoring. I also love how the western media never mention the support of King Kohei (the male Simone tbh) when they write about 4A. It’s good that they doubt him though because Yuzu is the most dangerous when he is unfairly doubted. 

I can't believe I have to sit through Beijing and watch the fake rivalry between Yuzu and Nathan, that is actually cooked by ISU mouthpieces such as Nick over the past 4 years. Man, the boot focused video of Nathan's rocketman is on twitter and such a mediocre skater is painted as favorite for Gold. It's insulting tbh. 

To be honest - of all articles by Nick this one here is still the most factual and hasn't mentioned the rivalry between Yuzu and Nathan in a single sentence, just Nate being listed among other medal contenders. I think, that's absolutely fine.

I'm tired of mocking journalists for every single sentence they write, especially if it's okay in the content. I decided to even praise Nick a bit, so that he's is less tempted to write sh*t about Yuzu during Beijing. I know that being nice is no guarantee for good articles in the future, but bashing him surely won't help either.

Guest Mary_kyo
40 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

To be honest - of all articles by Nick this one here is still the most factual and hasn't mentioned the rivalry between Yuzu and Nathan in a single sentence, just Nate being listed among other medal contenders. I think, that's absolutely fine.

I didn't say he mentioned the rivalry in this specific article. What I meant is that this whole rivalry narration is the result of articles of such journalists in the past "FOUR" years. 

Anyway, to me, the tone of article implies doubt. You can read it differently though and that is totally fine~ But I don’t really think Nick cares about what me or any other fans say. He writes what he is told/paid to write.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I'm tired of mocking journalists for every single sentence they write, especially if it's okay in the content. I decided to even praise Nick a bit, so that he's is less tempted to write sh*t about Yuzu during Beijing. I know that being nice is no guarantee for good articles in the future, but bashing him surely won't help either.

That's a valid point, but given the history of what some (western) journalists have written about Yuzuru and figure skating generally, it's unsurprising that fans are wary and notice what isn't said, as well as what is.