General Yuzuru Chat

19 分, Sammieさんが言いました:

That flame above Yuzu head is accurate af and I don’t really follow Shoma but I know enough that either says I’m sleepy or I want to eat meat.  I have no clue about Keiji. :laughing:

Good guess :biggrin:  What is above Shoma's head ねむい (nemui) means "I'm sleepy."

デカ (deka) is a Japanese slang meaning "cop".  The kanji used for Keiji is 刑事 which means "police detective" and rather unusual as a name (Keiji is a common name though), and Deka is his nickname.

So, if Keiji happens to become a police detective, he would be 田中刑事刑事 Tanaka Keiji Keiji :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

On 12/25/2017 at 6:39 PM, katonice said:

It's the Yuzu Yell Project. Fans can submit their support messages for Yuzu and they will send it to him :smile:

Btw, if you want your message to be included in the collection to be sent directly to Yuzu, you have to post your message by Jan 15th. (It will still be possible to post messages on the website after this date however.)

DR70ixNXUAAFj4f?format=jpg

Source

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

No amount of competition will ever prepare them enough for the Olys so in actuality, there is no buffer for it. If you're not mentally prepared enough for it, you'll go in scared no matter how many comps you went through before it. Hanyu is a different breed however and he's not worried about the guy not being mentally prepared enough for it.

I have to agree there as far as the actual competition goes and I thank you for the clarification.  What I was trying to point out, though, is that there are so many other factors in the Olympic experience that are not directly connected to the seven minutes total spent on the ice collecting points.  There is, for one, the ceremonial aspect, with huge opening and closing ceremonies and all the ritual there.  There's also the fact that one is part of a national team that contains far more than figure skaters and that one is living with all the other athletes from all over in the Olympic village.  There's also the medal count (unofficial, of course, but everyone does it) of the medals for each country.  For the first-time Olympian all these factors are so new and I'd imagine rather intimidating.  There is also the fact that one is skating on a world stage, far more than one does in the big annual international competitions (GPF, 4CC, Worlds).  All these factors can be very distracting, particularly for a first-timer.  These distractions will be reduced for somebody who's already gone through that experience (although I don't think anyone ever gets to the point that one is dealing with just another competition).  Yuzu has been living with PC for four years.  That has been the focus for him for competition after competition through these last four years.  The one thing that is different for him than it is for Shoma, (for example) I feel, is that Shoma will be like Yuzu at Sochi, the new guy in town and also, like Yuzu, one of the youngest athletes there in any sport.  Yuzu has spent these years since Sochi preparing himself for PC.  Shoma has spent these first years of his in senior international competition unsure of whether he'd be going at all, despite how well he was doing.  PC for Yuzu was basically a sure thing, particularly as he cemented his position at the top of his sport.  For Shoma PC was a hope but he knew he'd have to earn it (Yuzu earned it too, admittedly, but he was MAINTAINING his position as number one in the world - Shoma was having to create his position in the world hierarchy).  All in all I agree with the point above.  International competitions, particularly the big 3 annual ones, are qualitatively different from the Olympics.  It's an apples and oranges comparison.  The crucial difference is the context surrounding Olympic competition, differences I pointed out above.  Yuzu has already experienced these differences and as such he has an advantage over the newbies in terms of mentally preparing for the actual  competition.  I realize the Olympics can never become routine for an athlete.  Just ask Michael Phelps, who went to five straight Olympics.  I'm sure they were never routine, although for him, as each Olympics passed by, he became increasingly focused on the medal count he was adding to each time (after his first medal-free Olympics in Sidney).  For Yuzu the focus was in tying Dick Button's twice in a row record, although I can't help but feel that if he's successful at PC he'll be thinking of doing it again at Beijing.  That would tie him with Gillis Grafstrom (1920-24-28), the only threepeater.  He'll still be at an age (27) where he can be thinking realistically of repeating (Plushy was in his thirties at Sochi, although he did have to drop out for medical reasons).  So, in the end I'll say that the ordinary seasonal competitions cannot really prepare one for the Olympics experience, but those who've already had the Olympic experience have an advantage because they've been through it.  Because they've been through it before they can minimize the distractions (though never totally eliminate them).  Hanyu is a different breed, I'll agree, but a major part of that confidence he has going into PC will be because he's been there before.

1 時間前, micaelisさんが言いました:

I have to agree there as far as the actual competition goes and I thank you for the clarification.  What I was trying to point out, though, is that there are so many other factors in the Olympic experience that are not directly connected to the seven minutes total spent on the ice collecting points.  There is, for one, the ceremonial aspect, with huge opening and closing ceremonies and all the ritual there.  There's also the fact that one is part of a national team that contains far more than figure skaters and that one is living with all the other athletes from all over in the Olympic village.  There's also the medal count (unofficial, of course, but everyone does it) of the medals for each country.  For the first-time Olympian all these factors are so new and I'd imagine rather intimidating.  There is also the fact that one is skating on a world stage, far more than one does in the big annual international competitions (GPF, 4CC, Worlds).  All these factors can be very distracting, particularly for a first-timer.  These distractions will be reduced for somebody who's already gone through that experience (although I don't think anyone ever gets to the point that one is dealing with just another competition).  Yuzu has been living with PC for four years.  That has been the focus for him for competition after competition through these last four years.  The one thing that is different for him than it is for Shoma, (for example) I feel, is that Shoma will be like Yuzu at Sochi, the new guy in town and also, like Yuzu, one of the youngest athletes there in any sport.  Yuzu has spent these years since Sochi preparing himself for PC.  Shoma has spent these first years of his in senior international competition unsure of whether he'd be going at all, despite how well he was doing.  PC for Yuzu was basically a sure thing, particularly as he cemented his position at the top of his sport.  For Shoma PC was a hope but he knew he'd have to earn it (Yuzu earned it too, admittedly, but he was MAINTAINING his position as number one in the world - Shoma was having to create his position in the world hierarchy).  All in all I agree with the point above.  International competitions, particularly the big 3 annual ones, are qualitatively different from the Olympics.  It's an apples and oranges comparison.  The crucial difference is the context surrounding Olympic competition, differences I pointed out above.  Yuzu has already experienced these differences and as such he has an advantage over the newbies in terms of mentally preparing for the actual  competition.  I realize the Olympics can never become routine for an athlete.  Just ask Michael Phelps, who went to five straight Olympics.  I'm sure they were never routine, although for him, as each Olympics passed by, he became increasingly focused on the medal count he was adding to each time (after his first medal-free Olympics in Sidney).  For Yuzu the focus was in tying Dick Button's twice in a row record, although I can't help but feel that if he's successful at PC he'll be thinking of doing it again at Beijing.  That would tie him with Gillis Grafstrom (1920-24-28), the only threepeater.  He'll still be at an age (27) where he can be thinking realistically of repeating (Plushy was in his thirties at Sochi, although he did have to drop out for medical reasons).  So, in the end I'll say that the ordinary seasonal competitions cannot really prepare one for the Olympics experience, but those who've already had the Olympic experience have an advantage because they've been through it.  Because they've been through it before they can minimize the distractions (though never totally eliminate them).  Hanyu is a different breed, I'll agree, but a major part of that confidence he has going into PC will be because he's been there before.

Oh hey, I wasn't disputing everything you said. Or anything at all for the matter. I was only giving clarification because the Twitter translation left out context which understandably led to your misunderstanding in the very first bit of your comment. I should've highlighted the part to be clear. My bad.

But I do think Sano-sensei has a point about Hanyu being of a different breed even when it comes to the Games. Even in his very first Olys, he didn't feel the same sort of fear most would and did, which led to the wonderful and absolutely carefree performances of his SP both times he skated it. He only started feeling the Oly nerves when the gold medal became a real possibility going into his FS. Of course, his first experience of it can only help inform his second one, something which most first-timers won't have but I do think this second Olys presents an entirely unique and new pressure even for him, owing to these facts:

1) He's going in as a defending champion and he's promised himself and everyone that he isn't just going to defend it, he's going to win in the greatest way imaginable,

2) This second gold is the end goal of the life plan he built for himself when he was all of 7 and despite some derailment here and there which led to the changing of of some details, he's still been able to reach all his major goals so far,

and

3) He is who he is, for better or worse.

I'm hoping his enforced absence from competition will help buffer him from the pressure so that instead of trying to manage it, he'd be too raring to go and simply skate in front of people again to hopefully think about anything else. There's no danger of overthinking if you're not thinking about much at all.

8 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Fuji broadcast of 2012 World’s medal ceremony with (pretty sure) different angles and extra adorableness.

Omg I just watched this ( different video ) yesterday ! 

The comments said that Yuzu is like a little sunshine ray but to me he is the sun !!!! Look at  the way Daisuke had to smile at Yuzu 2:34 before he jumped to the podium ! His joy was contagious ! Didn’t he want to do his pose R&J  on the podium? Is it just me or the camera man really focused on Yuzu a lot .?

i miss Yuzu very much :tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Fuji broadcast of 2012 World’s medal ceremony with (pretty sure) different angles and extra adorableness.

Never saw this ceremony.  He is so cute!! Back when being a world medallist at all was a big deal.  Of course he had every reason to be happy that day.  And as we know, he was and is still destined for greater things.  And we can't forget the cameo from our now infamous French disco podium.  As we can see, it's seen better days:laughing: