Poll - Favorite Costume!!!

Your Favorite Costume(s) from Yuzu - Choose up to 5!  

370 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only costume that I dislike is "Story/Hana wa Saku".

Others that I am not crazy about are "The Final Time Traveller", "Requiem" and "Believe".

I like all the others (at least the ones that are listed) in varying degrees.

It's difficult to pick just five, but these are the five that I have chosen:

Seimei

Hana ni Nare

Phantom of the Opera 2.0 (gold, white & blue)

Let's Go Crazy 2.0 (Purple)

Chopin Ballade No. 1 2.0 (with golden details)

I really liked POTO 1.0 (red, gold & black) and it had more of a connection with the story of the Phantom, but POTO 2.0 (gold, white & blue) is the costume that I associate with Yuzu when I think of him skating to Phantom during that season.

I like both Chopin 1.0 and 2.0, but I chose version 2.0 because this is the one that he wore when he broke the short program record twice.

I like both LGC White and LGC Purple, but chose Purple over White because it was easier to see when he was skating and also because this is the one that he skated in for most of the season.

Seimei and Hana ni Nare are probably my two favourites because of their Japanese themes and are uniquely suited to Yuzuru.

Yuzuru's costumes are such a talking point, and something we all seem to look forward to seeing whilst waiting for the next season to begin.

So many of his costumes have been gorgeous so to pick 5 is hard - here is my attempt:

1.  Hope and Legacy - it perfectly suited the programme and Yuzuru's interpretation, it was beautiful and reminiscent of nature and he described himself as feeling like he was merging with a river (I think?) whilst he was skating his WR

performance. (Plus I saw him skating this live in Helsinki so it will always be a personal favourite).  I think Joe Hisaishi's music had such beauty as did the choreography, and this and the costume reflected Yuzuru's Japanese heritage which is so evidently important to him.

2.  LGC - he looked great in the white costume, but it was difficult to see on the ice so the purple has it.  I think Yuzuru was perfect for this Prince track and even though he complained about not feeling comfortable with this programme he did a brilliant job of it in my view and the costume was a big part of the rock star feel of this programme. I liked Tara Lipinsky's comment that you have to be pretty confident about yourself to wear purple lycra LOL!

3.  POTO - the gold blue and white - I love this costume so much, and the programme and the music, they all went together really well.  The fabric and it's design emphasised Yuzu's shape too, his shoulders/back looked particularly good in it!!  (tell me it wasn't just me that noticed this??!)

4.  Chopin Ballade No 1 - I like the first costume best because of it's beauty and simplicity, and the programme was/is so beautiful and the costume matched the classical nature of the programme.

5.  I do love the Notte Stellata costume - Yuzuru's skating is such a wonderful interpretation of the swan, and the costume reinforces the programme!  Because it is an exhibition piece, the lighting is always gorgeous and the costume, skating, music, Yuzu, and lighting all make for a magical experience.

(I can't believe I have left out Etude, RandJ, and I liked Requiem too, and Seimei.......:ohno:)

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:44, BrightonDogwoods said:

Good idea to give 5 votes, but still it's hard to vote and leave some out, I love ALL his costumes...

But I think Notte Stellata will always have a most special place in my heart. I was at Skate Canada at the Gala practice session where he first revealed it and I literally gasped when I saw it. When I arrived at the practice the skaters were rehearsing the finale and Yuzu was wearing his practice jacket. He kept it on the whole time, which is unusual, so I thought maybe he just came for the finale and would not be showing his new EX number (I think word had just come out that day about the music he was skating to, so I was sorta expecting a swan-ish costume), especially when he left the ice with the jacket still on. So I kinda lost interest and stopped paying attention for a few minutes. Then I looked up, and he was skating RIGHT toward me in THAT costume!!! It's like I heard a bell ring in my heart...and it took me awhile to figure out why I reacted so strongly.

It goes back to Johnny Weir and his Fallen Angel from Vancouver, and that skate (and Johnny) is a big part of what brought me back to the figure skating world, after an absence of many years. Well, Yuzu's swan seems to me to be an homage to Johnny, especially since the music is from Johnny's iconic 2006 Swan program as well.

Another thing that was very memorable about that practice session- when Yuzu started to skate, all the others out on the ice stopped skating and went to one end to sit and watch. Multiple world champions were there- Duhamel/Radford, Medvedeva, Virtue/Moir- but HE was the only one they stopped to watch... #Respect

Johnny's Fallen Angel

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8

I love your story about the Skate Canada practice and Yuzuru's swan costume and other skaters stopping to watch him practice - I could hear your gasps as I read your account!! I think his costume, the music and beautiful singing, and his skating to Notte Stellata was absolutely exquisite and enchanting (especially at WTT), and I will really miss it - hope he uses it again at some point in the future....:smiley-love017:  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-06-04 at 8:49 AM, Pamyu said:

I love your story about the Skate Canada practice and Yuzuru's swan costume and other skaters stopping to watch him practice - I could hear your gasps as I read your account!! I think his costume, the music and beautiful singing, and his skating to Notte Stellata was absolutely exquisite and enchanting (especially at WTT), and I will really miss it - hope he uses it again at some point in the future....:smiley-love017:  

Sorry to add my comments so late, but your post is so nice and just for me. I was there at the practice of the gala of Skate Canada 2016, and my feelings with Yuzuru skating the Swan are very strong too. Even I did not know the name of the song Notte Stellata of the Italian group Il Novo, I recognize the beautiful music The Swan that I like very much, that I remember the Olympic Champion 1994 Oxsana Bayul  has skated to at The Gala of Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway. He was so beautiful in this costume that no other male skater can wear it. In fact no other male skater can wear any of his costumes, because of the beautiful body line, beautiful face that he has. And you know what, before skating his practice of his Ex , he practiced jumps and does jumps contest with Evgenia, in this costume! Then when his name is called , the music starts, all the other skaters including Patrick Chan, Kevin, Meagan and Eric, Tessa and Scott, all left the ice and seating at the exit to watch him, to watch the beauty personified. Such beautiful memory we have at Skate Canada.

1 hour ago, Vadrouille said:

Sorry to add my comments so late, but your post is so nice and just for me. I was there at the practice of the gala of Skate Canada 2016, and my feelings with Yuzuru skating the Swan are very strong too. Even I did not know the name of the song Notte Stellata of the Italian group Il Novo, I recognize the beautiful music The Swan that I like very much, that I remember the Olympic Champion 1994 Oxsana Bayul  has skated to at The Gala of Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway. He was so beautiful in this costume that no other male skater can wear it. In fact no other male skater can wear any of his costumes, because of the beautiful body line, beautiful face that he has. And you know what, before skating his practice of his Ex , he practiced jumps and does jumps contest with Evgenia, in this costume! Then when his name is called , the music starts, all the other skaters including Patrick Chan, Kevin, Meagan and Eric, Tessa and Scott, all left the ice and seating at the exit to watch him, to watch the beauty personified. Such beautiful memory we have at Skate Canada.

Well you sold the Canada experience to me! Last night I booked a return flight to Montreal from UK in September towatch Autumn Classic - I hope my experience is as memorable as yours :dancingpooh:

On 2017-06-24 at 1:04 PM, Pamyu said:

Well you sold the Canada experience to me! Last night I booked a return flight to Montreal from UK in September towatch Autumn Classic - I hope my experience is as memorable as yours :dancingpooh:

I am happy to give you reason to come to Montreal and share our joy and love of Yuzuru.

I hope to see you and other fans in Autumn Classics in Montreal.

Enjoy the trip and the competition.

On 4.6.2017 at 0:00 PM, Pamyu said:

3.  POTO - the gold blue and white - I love this costume so much, and the programme and the music, they all went together really well.  The fabric and it's design emphasised Yuzu's shape too, his shoulders/back looked particularly good in it!!  (tell me it wasn't just me that noticed this??!)

No, you are not the only one who noticed ;) POTO 2.0. is my favourite. I also love its black collar.

I’m surprised that Seimei is winning. I like it fine but I don’t think it works that well with his complexion. I think blue becomes Hanyu the best so all my choises have blue on them.

I hope Japan will have blue again in their official Olympic gear in Pyeongchang. It is needed for the upcoming victory ceremony...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hope and Legacy, Notte Stellata, Seimei, Parisienne Walkways 2.0, Notre Dame de Paris, Hana ni Nare, Etude and White Legend are my favorites from this poll!! Nobody knows about Notre Dame de Paris or White Legend but they're both very pretty and you should check them out! Or the costumes at least lol

• 1 year later...