Team Korea

Poor jun hwan. The pressure to go knowing you are not healthy, and then getting hurt more...rest and recovery are most important now...such stress for a 15 year old.. maybe during his rest he will visit a barber...  time to lose that mop on top... he would look so good with something different, just for change...

4 hours ago, liv said:

Poor jun hwan. The pressure to go knowing you are not healthy, and then getting hurt more...rest and recovery are most important now...such stress for a 15 year old.. maybe during his rest he will visit a barber...  time to lose that mop on top... he would look so good with something different, just for change...

He needs to leave the mushroom stage behind, i agree :P 

But really, poor bb... I hope everything is worked out soon :/ 

Google translations are never really reliable but I didn't read in the original article that Jun Hwan was pushing to medal in PyeongChang. It said that he was expecting good results at the Olympic  Games but nothing more.

The title is a bit too much, though... it says 'Cha Jun-hwan, Trap of 'Pyeongchang' and 'Four Rotations'.

I really hope something has been lost in translation and nothing more...

Am I right that the assumption in the tweet is based on a Japanese translation?

I skimmed the article and my Korean isn't 100% but it mostly just described the quad battle in the mens field. (I think the article got confused wih the numers lol it said Javi and Yuzu both had 5 quads last season and Nathan succeeded to land 7 in the FS... already haha) The article talked abt how many quads some skaters have and how it got more intense with Boyang coming into it etc. It talked abt how so many quads compromise artistry etc. and how dangerous it is re: injuries (especially for still growing bodies) and it explained how Junhwan's injuries are a result of practicing quads. 

It ends with saying that we should put hopes in Junhwan for the comps after PC and that if we expect the same from the present Junhwan just bc Nathan and Shoma who are also in their teens are receiving attention for their quads we would be limiting his potential.

So yeah.. I'm not sure if the article was actually implying someone pushed Junhwan to do more quads. I think it was more of an appeal to the Korean public to not put too many expectations on Jun

But really... from Junhwan's interviews it never seemed like he was letting any olys pressure get to him. I really wish him a speedy recovery...