2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

I thought Evgenia at TCC means no more Averbubu program. I read he did a program for Liza as well, maybe there would be a phantomimes battle :laughing: I feel like its  DWilson + Misha Ge for Evgenia's LP :laughing:

9 hours ago, Yume said:

Apparently i'm the only one who thinks that Rika's new choreo looks like Beautiful storm's choreo.

I think this is why I think it's fair to detach the choreo from the practice session performance + it's only recently choreographed. I actually can see what you're talking about, her presentation style doesn't look like it's changed from what it was with Beautiful Storm, and it makes it look "same-y". It's several chopped up pieces, too. I do think the step sequence looks like it will have good character for now.

Spoiler

I'm so much in love with this music and whole mood of program.:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: And I have 99% (because you never know) trust in Tom D that it will develop in something spectacular like it was in previous years.:tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg: For now hard to judge more, because everything will change in summer (Beautiful Storm changed A LOT between FaOI and GP). Ahhh, I'm so excited.:smiley-happy093:

That said, Rika always had one warhorse per season and we still don't know her SP choice. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

Btw, I think Sofia also has one Averbukh program.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:
  Hide contents

I'm so much in love with this music and whole mood of program.:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: And I have 99% (because you never know) trust in Tom D that it will develop in something spectacular like it was in previous years.:tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg: For now hard to judge more, because everything will change in summer (Beautiful Storm changed A LOT between FaOI and GP). Ahhh, I'm so excited.:smiley-happy093:

That said, Rika always had one warhorse per season and we still don't know her SP choice. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

Btw, I think Sofia also has one Averbukh program.

These music choices are so good, all of them :smiley-love017: Sheila Chandra's song is so beautiful and such a rare choice (I used to listen to her album with this song on it many many times). Also Dead Can Dance, wow. It's just too early to judge anything yet but I also have trust in Tom Dickson and I'm looking forward to this program so much. :smiley-happy085:

I just watched Rika's fs and oh my gosh, the maturity in her skating. I love the development over the past season! <3333 The choreo is so interesting. I think Tom D. def works for her. the complexity in her program with all those transitions and multidirectional skating, beautiful usage of arm movements and great body extensions. Such a unique program that's beautifully choreographed. her jumps are always looking so solid. i can't wait to see how it is even further developed by the end of the season.

Satoko Miyahara

SP:  Yalla, Tabla & Percussion Solo, Egyptian Disco (Buddha Bar Edit) / DJ Disse  choreo by Benoit Richaud

FS: Theme of Schindler’s List, Prelude in C sharp minor, Hatikva (Intelude)  choreo by Lori Nichol

twitter.com/GeumNa/status/113171034544409395

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Satoko Miyahara

SP:  Yalla, Tabla & Percussion Solo, Egyptian Disco (Buddha Bar Edit) / DJ Disse  choreo by Benoit Richaud

FS: Theme of Schindler’s List, Prelude in C sharp minor, Hatikva (Intelude)  choreo by Lori Nichol

twitter.com/GeumNa/status/113171034544409395

The comment from John Bayless on her blog post is really sweet. I love the circle of inspiration here where they ended up meeting because he was so excited that she used his music at the Olympics, he invited her to one of his recitals, and she heard another arrangement of his that she loved enough to want to skate to :7938863: