General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

On Friday, staff actually came down to the first row several times to talk to a fan who I think was Chinese, who had a camera with a HUGE lens. Most of us were filming or taking pictures, but to come with something like that... There was one on Saturday, too. And they even had to warn against using flash once, over the commentary.

I saw the staff member cross in front of everyone in the middle of Otonal to tell her to stop. Surely she could have waited until the performance had finished to intervene? To travel all that way to see Yuzu perform and have it interrupted. :Poohgaveup: I felt so bad for everyone.

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I saw the staff member cross in front of everyone in the middle of Otonal to tell her to stop. Surely she could have waited until the performance had finished to intervene? To travel all that way to see Yuzu perform and have it interrupted. :Poohgaveup: I felt so bad for everyone.

Honestly, I think if it weren't really bad they wouldn't have done it. It only happened three times that I could see. There was a lot of filming and picture taking, with filming technically not allowed, but they let a lot of stuff go. So my guess is it was really bad and that's why they did it, even if it was in the middle of the performance. Otherwise they were very particular about not doing anything distracting during performances. The doors were only open between performances, people didn't leave or go back to their seats during performances etc.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, it's easy to see from Yuzuru's actions that he feels bad for his fellow competitors that things are that way.

I saw him cheering for Jun, just like he always did for Javi from the KnC when Javi was after him... and as Javi did for him.  Quite a few fans could learn from our boys, fiercely competitive but utter sportsmen...

There were some crazy screaming that really left me wondering at ACI this year. It's okay to feel enthusiast and scream together with everyone, but it's not a competition about who's the loudest or the craziest. 

I'm sure Yuzuru has felt the cringe multiple times in his carreer. And wheb he shushed the fans, you could see by his face he was seriously pissed. 

I have no justifications whatsoever for people chasing him and obsessing to the point where they forget he is human. Because it's thanks to them that Yuzuru will probably never be able to quietly have a conversation with his fans.

At Worlds 2017 there was an Italian lady, maybe 40 years old, screaming from the tribune, during the victory ceremony, in Italian (so completely delusional) "Yuzu, turn around, look here, my love! I love you!" 

I would gladly send all of those fans outside the rink and away. By force. 

I think we have no idea how bad and how stressful and how crazy it can get for Yuzu to cope with that.

I sometimes wonder how he sees his unprecedented level of stardom and fannish (and national!) adoration - I mean, he wanted to be Olympic champion, he wanted to be the absolute best, and he must have known, from looking at Takahashi and Mao, that that would mean a high level of public stardom, but he's always called himself an athlete first and foremost, he never aimed to be a celebrity, and not on a level that dwarfs any and everyone else in the sport. Sure, he handles it with amazing grace and skill - even brilliance - but sometimes I think "if you'd told any skating forum/group in 2014 what that that 19-year-old Olympic hopeful was going to become... could anyone believe it?"

This is coming from a person who spoke to Ghislain and Yuzu personally 

Its really sad to see Yuzu express fear at his fans... never realised that it was this bad... 

edit: she did get permission before posting any of the information, she wasn’t fishing for info, just a natural conversation and she did take care to exclude personal stuff, so please don’t assume badly of her...

55 minutes ago, Salior said:

This is coming from a person who spoke to Ghislain and Yuzu personally 

https://www.twitter.com/Giji_S/status/1044341639056175105

https://www.twitter.com/Giji_S/status/1044321759221223424

Its really sad to see Yuzu express fear at his fans... never realised that it was this bad... 

Uhh.... I looked at her tweets and I think I have a problem with this person herself. There's A LOT reporting on what looks like personal conversations between her and Ghislain. Frankly, she looks like either a stalker fan herself, or an internet attention seeker. She complains about stalker fans and then reveals what Ghislain told her in private, which I'm finding really two-faced.

So she's a French skater, is she a personal friend of Ghislain or his student or...? She's like Doug Haw who blabbers n TSL about what BOrser told him, sounds like betrayal of trust.

ETA: She's a skater at TCC who started lessons in September. which makes me wonder how long she'll remain Ghislain's student when they get wind of that. I mean, I don't think Ghislain or other coaches want to have to be worried whether anything they say will wind up on twitter. Given how she was a big fan of Yuzu before she joined TCC, I seriously doubt Ghislain just mentioned all that stuff in passing, I suspect she steered conversation that way.

21 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Uhh.... I looked at her tweets and I think I have a problem with this person herself. There's A LOT reporting on what looks like personal conversations between her and Ghislain. Frankly, she looks like either a stalker fan herself, or an internet attention seeker. She complains about stalker fans and then reveals what Ghislain told her in private, which I'm finding really two-faced.

So she's a French skater, is she a personal friend of Ghislain or his student or...? She's like Doug Haw who blabbers n TSL about what BOrser told him, sounds like betrayal of trust.

she went to TCC for training but just temporarily , also Ghislain speak french and she spoke with him also at ACI , and he said to her that it was okey to share what she said , she's not saying everything that he told her .

21 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

she went to TCC for training but just temporarily , also Ghislain speak french and she spoke with him also at ACI , and he said to her that it was okey to share what she said , she's not saying everything that he told her .

Ah I see. I haven't read all of her tweets so I missed the fact she got an ok from Ghislain. It looked really bad at the first glance. 

Even if she got the OK, I'm not sure I'm OK with it... Can we be sure she got his OK on each and every bit of info? Then again, would he tell someone he's known for maybe not so long, stuff he wouldn't want shared? It's a bit :/ But actually, the very thing of walking up to Ghislain and talking to him about Yuzu is a bit off for me... it sounds like fishing for info, no matter what and to me, that's rude. Even if I might want or like to know that info, myself. It's one thing to go and say congrats and good luck and maybe that we're a bit worried about 4A or whatever, it's another thing to talk about those things Yuzu doesn't mention in public, like his training, his private life, his relationship or attitude or feelings towards his fans. Even if it's true and it might help temper fans, I would never feel comfortable saying it publicly that Yuzu is afraid to go outside because of how fans behave, as long as it's not something he said publicly. Even if Ghislain gave his ok. I don't know, maybe my limits on what's ok and what's not are weirder, but all these 'oh, I talked to Ghislain and he said this and this' makes me really uncomfortable. And actually while waiting for Yuzu, Ghislain was there and talking to someone in French - and he hugged her, too. No idea if it was this person or not, but I actually tried hard NOT to eavesdrop. I was also right next to a group of Japanese fans talking to a gentleman who I think was Wakaba's coach? Or in any way, the coach of one of the girls and I overheard bits and pieces, but I tried hard not to listen, because it wasn't my place. These people are people, they might naturally say things like they would in a normal conversation with anyone, they might not have a chance to actually sit and consider if that's something they want making it to the general public. How many of us in a normal chat actually have time to consider things in detail?

I think it's not very fair to assume that of her... she's been with us in the Facebook group for a while, and she really did get permission, stayed a good distance from revealing personal info as well as talking with them only at opportune moments. She said she didn't even ask any questions, Ghislain just talked and talked, and she made sure that it's ok to share before actually sharing on social media. idk I don't think it's very nice to assume that she's fishing for information without knowing her relationship and the nature of conversation too... 

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

And actually while waiting for Yuzu, Ghislain was there and talking to someone in French - and he hugged her, too. No idea if it was this person or not, but I actually tried hard NOT to eavesdrop.

There's a profile photo on her twitter if you want to check if it was her.

But photo can be quite different from real life appearance tho.

4 minutes ago, Salior said:

I think it's not very fair to assume that of her... she's been with us in the Facebook group for a while, and she really did get permission, stayed a good distance from revealing personal info as well as talking with them only at opportune moments. She said she didn't even ask any questions, Ghislain just talked and talked, and she made sure that it's ok to share before actually sharing on social media. 

I get what you're saying. Someone could have seen me downstairs on Saturday or seen me shout good luck to Jason as he was leaving and assume I was one of the crazy fans and that wouldn't be fun at all.

But I also don't understand why feel the need to share, even if it's all stuff Ghislain volunteered. Even if he ok-ed sharing it. At the end of the day, as much as I love him, Ghislain isn't Yuzu. I'm not saying Yuzu wouldn't agree to the sharing or that Ghislain did anything wrong, or even that what she did was anything wrong. I'm just saying it makes me uncomfortable, to get private information like this. I'd much rather get only whatever Yuzu wants to volunteer. I think that not everything you hear, you also need to share with the world. When I saw Satoko, I wanted to post about it, then was like: you know, what? Better not... maybe she's here privately, let's not risk her getting more attention than she'd like. So I only told a friend about it, privately, a friend who wasn't there. But then people posted on twitter so, yeah. I'm sure she wasn't bothered, but that's how I function. *shrugs*