General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Oh gosh, I just assumed it was younger fans... that's quite bleak :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

Obsession knows no age.

11 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Platforms can solve that problem. The important question is are you sufficiently mushroomy?  

Black hair-check. Short hair-check. Fairly thick hair-double check. Mushroomy? Hmm, I'm sure I can go to a stylist and get it fixed.  But how do you propose platforms in sneakers? The training outfit should be easy to get online, since he wears black, black and more black. But the I'm not sure how to add 15 cm to sneakers. =(

17 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

Are they (the mob) Japanese?

All the Japanese I encounter in my life were very polite and respectful. So I somehow find it peculiar if they are being rude like that.

I actually said this before, but in my experience, Japanese people are extremely polite and respectful individually. In a crowd, all bets are off, though. I remember I was shocked when I first got on a crowded subway. When it's time to go off, nobody says a word, everyone just pushes and shoves their way out. It's really quite shocking, compared to how polite they usually are. And same thing goes for concerts or things like that. When it's a crowd, things can get crazy. My assumption is that when in a crowd, there's no personal responsibility, so no real reason to hold back. But no real idea. Also, not sure it's true, it's just something I noticed.

That noticed, most of the older ladies at ACI seemed really nice and well behaved. I think it was the younger Chinese fans that were the ones pushing, at least on Friday morning. There sure were a lot of them already with seats when I got in, and quite a few stayed overnight - they had sleeping bags and all. But I wasn't that in front, so it could have been others, too.

10 hours ago, Sammie said:

Yuzu on his way climbing the world standings :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Re: about the rude fans

I agree with the opinions shared here. I hope people will be more considerate and think about how he feels before doing crazy stalkerish things. It's so saddening that he can't freely roam around town in Japan anymore and yeap he's an athlete not an idol, he doesn't have to deal with all this crap, and he certainly does not have any obligations whatsoever to entertain his fans with something other than his skating.

I do believe that the newer fans he got after winning the 2nd OGM will be crazier (heck I was crazier than I am now when I first became a fan of him), and I believe it will calm down. I hope it will calm down in time for Helsinki and let what happened at ACI be a reminder and chance to reflect on all the rude behavior towards yuzu and skaters in general :11135030:

Fans on the planet are generally nice and polite, I hope to ask everyone registered and lurking here to please consider your actions more if you do have a chance to see yuzu live on a competition/ice show/anything in the future :10742289: If you truly love and support yuzu, I believe it is not hard to do.

and thank you for reading my rantings :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

7 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I actually said this before, but in my experience, Japanese people are extremely polite and respectful individually. In a crowd, all bets are off, though. I remember I was shocked when I first got on a crowded subway. When it's time to go off, nobody says a word, everyone just pushes and shoves their way out. It's really quite shocking, compared to how polite they usually are. And same thing goes for concerts or things like that. When it's a crowd, things can get crazy. My assumption is that when in a crowd, there's no personal responsibility, so no real reason to hold back. But no real idea. Also, not sure it's true, it's just something I noticed.

That noticed, most of the older ladies at ACI seemed really nice and well behaved. I think it was the younger Chinese fans that were the ones pushing, at least on Friday morning. There sure were a lot of them already with seats when I got in, and quite a few stayed overnight - they had sleeping bags and all. But I wasn't that in front, so it could have been others, too.

I wonder...the younger chinese fans are terrified of the older japanese fans. Last year at ACI, ran into a couple who said they'd never fight with an older japanese lady, because there is no way to win. A lot of them opted to stay overnight outside as a measure of potentially winning some seats against the older japanese fans. XD

But what you mentioned above- that it becomes a herd mentality, is really something I notice too. You start doing stuff even though you know it's irrational and non-sensecial because of the fear of what would happen if you don't. IE-if you don't shove, you might not get off the subway fast enough since there's a small time window to both get on and off the metro. I notice this myself-when I'm overseas, I never shove to get off a metro or bus. But dump me back into China, and I start shoving like everyone else. =/  So this gets applied to arena doors, concerts, and uh, Yuzu sadly. If someone yelled "People, respect his privacy, we look like crazies." People will actually back off, but in the heat of the moment, the fear of missing out tends to override logic.

On 9/22/2018 at 9:28 PM, WinForPooh said:

[Don't know how to delete this box...]:headdesk:

^sorry about the random quote box...

Doing my once a year delurking to reflect on ACI and the unfortunate realities of crazy fans. Last year, I did see some insane fans who were screaming and running after his car post event. One lady even tackled another to the floor, and they seemed to be fighting. I don't speak Japanese and couldn't really help out

This year, I was sitting in the front row beside a group of younger Chinese girls for the FP. It really soured my experience because of how rude the girl beside me was to other skaters and their fans. She would be glaring the entire time when other skaters were on the ice, and even said "shut up" in Chinese when fans were cheering for other skaters. 

I understand being a Yuzu fan but hate this kind of rude behavior...

3 minutes ago, somnis said:

Doing my once a year delurking to reflect on ACI and the unfortunate realities of crazy fans. Last year, I did see some insane fans who were screaming and running after his car post event. One lady even tackled another to the floor, and they seemed to be fighting. I don't speak Japanese and couldn't really help out

This year, I was sitting in the front row beside a group of younger Chinese girls for the FP. It really soured my experience because of how rude the girl beside me was to other skaters and their fans. She would be glaring the entire time when other skaters were on the ice, and even said "shut up" in Chinese when fans were cheering for other skaters. 

Oh my God!!! I'm so sorry for you...

Good thing that girl who sat next to you shouted in Chinese, otherwise I'd want someone to shout back to her to shut the hell up.

27 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

All the Japanese I encounter in my life were very polite and respectful. So I somehow find it peculiar if they are being rude like that.

I think that with any people, you have those individuals who GO HARD with their interests and just lose their minds. I don’t know how it is now, but having a hobby used to be a big deal in Japan, almost like a requirement it seemed. So FS is probably some people’s hobby and maybe they lose their minds (and manners) when they finally see their obsession. Not making any excuses for bad behavior, in fact it’s a little scary when it seems like practical reality takes a back seat to fantasy.  He is right to be cautious.

Geeze how how is Yuzu going to live back in Japan. It’s going to take a good many years for the mania to die down. Stay safe amazing/normal boy young man. 

Oh, and personally I found that Japanese pushing in the train/subway is usually done without any sort of malice, it’s just what you have to do. Now, where I live, if someone gets close or pushes you, prepare to fight!

28 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

They were, but human beings are hunan beings. This sort of scene happens all around the world, it's usually just with popstars and actors. The Japanese fans I met, every single one of them was so kind and polite and good humoured so the small mob doesn't reflect on the thousands of wonderful fans who attended. 

It really is a treat to watch FS in Japan. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon and don't really like people disturbing performances with cheering and wooing so I really appreciated how sensitive to the atmosphere Japanese fans are. Even Carolina Kostner commented on how nice it is to be able to skate in Japan because the audiences let you hear the music and the quiet. 💖 Really a dream. :)

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Obsession knows no age.

Black hair-check. Short hair-check. Fairly thick hair-double check. Mushroomy? Hmm, I'm sure I can go to a stylist and get it fixed.  But how do you propose platforms in sneakers? The training outfit should be easy to get online, since he wears black, black and more black. But the I'm not sure how to add 15 cm to sneakers. =(

FSU2NE6FE7ITTJT.LARGE.jpg

I'm watching figure skating since I was 4 years old and now I'm 34, that meens I'm watching figure skating for 30 years now. I've seen so many skaters but it's the first time I see so much madness for a skater. I admire many skaters but it's the first time I feel sorry about one of them and that makes me wonna cry.

Mr. Yusuru Hanyu is an incredible athlete and performer. He lives his skate. I've never seen  figure skater before with such talent us his. When he dance he becomes the music and takes you in another dimention with his passion and feelling that gives to his programes. I love seeing his skate even when he is not in good shape because even then he is just an amazing figure skater.

Except of an amazing figure skater, Mr. Hanyu is a human being and deserves respect and privesy. I see the madness that surrouds him and I wonna screem "Let the man breath an live!". Every creature on this planet has the right of PRIVESY. I can not understand why some people want to learn about personal lives of athletes and celebrity they like an follow. I really don't!!! I became a member here to learn the news about the entries of Mr. Hanyu so that I can see and admire his performances and the love and passion for figure skate that he has and shares with all of us. 

It's really hard not to have privesy and can't go anywhere alone. I saw the "star security" that Mr. Hanyu had at ACI, even inside the arena and felt sad. I wish the best for Mr. Hanyu and to all athletes of this sport but also generally to all athletes known and unknown.

14 minutes ago, somnis said:

That kind of behaviour is on a par with the fans who booed Yuzu when he won over Daisuke Takahashi back when. It's the kind of behaviour that doesn't make much sense to me. Just because you're 'for' Yuzu, doesn't mean you have to be against everybody else...and if you're actually a FS fan, the more great skaters there are, the happier you should be. If someone's looking for factionalism, they can go watch soccer/football and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy the skating please.

While we're on the topic, does anyone else find it exceptionally rude when someone in the audience corrects/criticizes another member of the audience for cheering/cheering too loudly/getting excited/ jumping up and down? Everyone's there to have fun, and cheering and getting excited are part of the fun, so it's like being told you're bad for having fun. It really grates on my nerves when people do this.

Note that there's a world of difference between happily cheering and being an obnoxious fan, too.

15 minutes ago, somnis said:

1) I went to ACI last year, heard of it but thought it was a rumor and didn't actually happen. So it did happen? Damn....

2) Hmm...wish I went. We would have a lovely wonderful discussion over tea. I have choice words for fans like that, and even last year, the chinese fans I ran across were not like that. Not sure what happened this year, because usually the chinese fandom itself is pretty self-monitoring. =/ That said, there are fans here who may view liking other skaters as sufficient enough to disqualify you as a Yuzu-fan.

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

FSU2NE6FE7ITTJT.LARGE.jpg

Sure, why not, put my sense of balance up to the test. Hmm. =)

On Friday, staff actually came down to the first row several times to talk to a fan who I think was Chinese, who had a camera with a HUGE lens. Most of us were filming or taking pictures, but to come with something like that... There was one on Saturday, too. And they even had to warn against using flash once, over the commentary.

There are some Japanese ladies that seem a bit scary. I'm pretty sure the ones sitting next to me on Saturday were also Japanese, but I felt no friendly vibes whatsoever and so didn't even try approaching them, although I spoke to a lot of fans (I seem to have become a bit of a celebrity, as several told me they recognized me from the TV interviews I did at the parade... :english1:). So there are fans and fans, regardless of nationality. I'm sure there are nice fans and not nice fans of every denomination.

And while I admit there were skaters I was less interested in and would sometimes check my phone, I think to some extent it can't be helped, because there aren't many breaks and many of the few breaks have to be spent lining up for the bathroom. But I still clapped and was happy when others cheered more than I could. There were however a few instances with kids from the rink, who would scream way loud and way too much. Like you cheer and clap when the skater/pair is introduced, but then quiet down as they get ready to get into position, to let them get in the zone. Screaming and shouting their names right up until they assume position is too much, IMO, because it can upset their focus. That happened a few times on Friday, I think, but on Saturday the group of kids was great, and they cheered for each and every one of the guys really loudly, which was great, as many didn't have as many fans to do it for them.

In a way, it is a bit of a cringe how completely different in volume the cheers for Yuzu are compared to everyone else, though... but it can't be helped and it's hardly his or his fans' fault that the others don't command as much attention...

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

In a way, it is a bit of a cringe how completely different in volume the cheers for Yuzu are compared to everyone else, though... but it can't be helped and it's hardly his or his fans' fault that the others don't command as much attention...

Also, it's easy to see from Yuzuru's actions that he feels bad for his fellow competitors that things are that way.

I actually have no problem with the different level of cheers that skaters get. I mean, I get it you might be specific in liking a certain skater.

But like Yuzu, I find it rude that fans keep shouting Yuzu's name even when it's other skater's turn to take the ice.

So glad when I saw Yuzu shushing them.

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, it's easy to see from Yuzuru's actions that he feels bad for his fellow competitors that things are that way.

I agree. On Friday, I admit, I would film and watch him even as he appeared in the skaters' entrance, even while there was another skater, and again, watched him leave, even while the next skater had started. I didn't cheer for him while others were skating, but I still felt pretty bad about it. So on Saturday, I did set up my camera to film the area, but focused on the skating myself. (And then didn't even film anymore, because my batteries were gone ^_^; ) It's what I meant by being scolded by him and adjusting my behavior accordingly. It's hard not to focus entirely on him, but knowing that he hates that sort of thing is enough to make one search for more respectful options.