When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Catching up on this... I don’t know if this is midly controversial but I would see Keegan landing a 4A as unlikely due to his body type. He has very strong jumps and one of the best techniques, but the 4A requires 4.5 revolutions in the air and to perform such acrobatic jumps very lean and light bodies are favored. This is why most women doing quads are Juniors or very very small. Of course, hard work and a good technique can make up for the “wrong” body type, but the 4A is almost an impossible jump and I think having the “correct” body type can help a lot.

On to Yuzu... I voted that he’d try to land it in Japanese Nationals because it’s a home arena and the competition is less fierce so maybe he’d like to play it safe and try there for the first time? But we all know how chaotic Yuzu is so my second bet would be Worlds — and if he does so it will be because the jump is more stable.

From what he says there’s still a bit of work to do so I don’t think he’s gonna risk it in any GP... internationally, I think he’ll either do it at Worlds or hold until next season but with Yuzu you never know!

On 10/5/2019 at 3:53 AM, Ashley2162018 said:

Healthwise I don't mind waiting for it until next season.

Yuzu has lots of goals this season, like winning everything. That alone is a lot of hardwork.

I'm just ;-; if he's serious about not letting origin go until he lands the 4A. I love origin, don't get me wrong, but i'm not sure i want that program for 3 or more straight seasons :dontdothistome: A boy has got to do what a boy has got to do to be satisfied though i guess :dancingpooh:

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the TCC team wouldn't be talking about the 4A if it wasn't likely, and they've all started bringing it up lately. Yuzu is so quiet about so much. I think they'd be in trouble if he didn't feel like it was probable that he can land it in a competition.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, tafattsbarn said:

I'm just ;-; if he's serious about not letting origin go until he lands the 4A. I love origin, don't get me wrong, but i'm not sure i want that program for 3 or more straight seasons :dontdothistome: A boy has got to do what a boy has got to do to be satisfied i guess though :dancingpooh:

I think we'll get new programs next season so he can repeat and perfect them for the Olympics.

• 4 weeks later...

...speaking of jumping 4A I wonder if Yuzu would really try it during practice sessions in comps, I have a feeling just my personal feeling, not based on his thoughts during presscon or something similar... that he'd jump it straight in the program during the competition itself, so that everyone is taken by surprise from it (especially when it is landed well, hence getting a positive GOE and ratified)...

...just my feeling ofc, because I feel like it'd be very disappointing for him if he nailed it during the practice session but not during the comp itself 😫😫🙈

36 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...speaking of jumping 4A I wonder if Yuzu would really try it during practice sessions in comps, I have a feeling just my personal feeling, not based on his thoughts during presscon or something similar... that he'd jump it straight in the program during the competition itself, so that everyone is taken by surprise from it (especially when it is landed well, hence getting a positive GOE and ratified)...

...just my feeling ofc, because I feel like it'd be very disappointing for him if he nailed it during the practice session but not during the comp itself 😫😫🙈

no, trying it on unfamiliar ice without slowly warming it up in practice would be extremely dangerous, no way he would do it straight in the program. Yuzu is just not that reckless anymore. And that's not a jump that can be casually done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...