Media Day 2018

11 hours ago, guitarist said:

My worst fear is that he'll take inspiration from Brian's old costumes :ohno:

My "favorite" one:

Hide contents

hqdefault.jpg

LGC was already probably the closest any current skater has gotten to a real classic '80s Orser-style costume. I mean... Brian must have shed a proud tear.

So hopefully Yuzu got that out of his system. Even though he looked good in it.

13 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Some people look ridiculous in glitter, though, and Patrick would definitely be one of them. Nathan, I don't know, but i suspect the same. 

But Nathan was pretty sparkly in 2016-2017 FS and in his MJ junior SP, so he can be OK if he wanted

4 minutes ago, Lunna said:

But Nathan was pretty sparkly in 2016-2017 FS and in his MJ junior SP, so he can be OK if he wanted

He had gold embrodery in his LP outfit in 2017. It was shiney! And there was black lace in his SP outfit.

Now I want a glitterbomb Nathan too. It would look amazing with his curls....(waits for fate to strike back and present Nathan without curls or glitter T_T)

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Was Brian doing Aladdin on Ice or something? Little did he know was that years later he is portrayed as Genie...  

Source

It was a song called "Istanbul, not Constantinople", and the costume is definitely a little off culturally as well as aesthetically...another great feature of the 90s....

9 hours ago, Xen said:

He had gold embrodery in his LP outfit in 2017. It was shiney! And there was black lace in his SP outfit.

Now I want a glitterbomb Nathan too. It would look amazing with his curls....(waits for fate to strike back and present Nathan without curls or glitter T_T)

The word 'glitterbomb' triggered this idea: what if Yuzu shows up looking like a discoball? Not just glittery but covered in thousands of tiny mirrors?

7 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Nathan's 2017 LP outfit was pretty decent. He doesn't have to do Yuzu-style costumes--just something more interesting than quasi-underarmor.

He could work with different textures, velvet, silk etc, stuff that have a natural sheen.

Agh, we're going OT...how did we go from Yuzu's outfit to how it should inspire Nate? XD

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The word 'glitterbomb' triggered this idea: what if Yuzu's shows up looking like a discoball? Not just glittery but covered in thousands of tiny mirrors?

...NO.

6 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:bash: NO! :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

He could work with different textures, velvet, silk etc, stuff that have a natural sheen.

Agh, we're going OT...how did we go from Yuzu's outfit to how it should inspire Nate? XD

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

NO

Aw, come on, guys, you know he wants to! :LOL:

As for Nathan, I suspect we're going to see some boring variation of a shirt and pants combo.

Hello, my fellow fanyu friends!

I am new here, following Yuzu only since Worlds 2017, but now I am completely hooked and I have to post my thoughts.

Because I am crazy curious and know Yuzu's music cuts are always beautiful, I just have to share my humble "research". Don't know if anyone did this already, but hey... repetition is key! :81:

So, this is, what I did - I took Yuzu's Origins, kindly provided here

On 9/9/2018 at 12:31 AM, bsshka said:

So now I could get 3.40 minutes of Origin :cri:

and compared it with Plushenko's Nijinsky here

and the results - I know, it is not very accurate  - are like this (starting from Yuzu's 00:43) :

Yuzu 00:43 - 00:53  = Plu 2:41 - 2:51

00:53 - 01:19 is newly added 

01:19 - 02:09 = Plu 1:27 - 2:17

02:09 - 02:50 added again?

02:50 - 03:02 = Plu - maybe repeated 2:06 - 2:16

03:02 - 03:22 = Plu 4:18 - 4:38

03:22 - 03:38 I guess it's an extension to the following part

03:38 - 03:44 = Plu 04:38 - 04:44

Yeah, it's not much, but I was REALLY curious about the amount of cutting, Yuzuru did. And I think it turned out quite beautifully.   :hachimaki:

5 hours ago, Xen said:

I Love Nate's 2017 LP costume too, it looks good for him especially when he jumps. Then ORCA!Nemesis happened and it went downhill from there...I hope he will not wear that Spock shirt for his new LP In comps.

I'd take Dory or full gold bling Yuzu over a Vera Wang inspired costume! ( im looking at ur new sp costume Kolyada:hachimaki: )

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic