Media Day 2018

46 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Also how does this have only 64 views??? I know one of us made it... maybe add Yuzuru Hanyu into the title so its more easily found? More people should appreciate this wonderful compilation clip! 

It's a non-public video so only people with a link can access it. Youtube also doesn't count replays if they're in a short span of time so rewatching is still only one view per person.

1 час назад, OonsieHui сказал:

A part of me thinks that someone who plans to r-word after this season wouldn't be so careful, with his personality (as much as I understand it) he seems like he would say lets give everything, push through everything, and make a huge unforgettable impact to crown everything and retire on top! 

I think Yuzu already pushed too much times in his career so no need now especially just at the beginning of the season r-word or not. Also I hope he will have a long-time career in shows (ideally of his own production) after retiring from comps and he still needs those legs for it.

I finally watched Johnny's Otonal from US Nats 2005 - great smooth performance and a programme with actual transitions already then, I also forgot he had such easy and light triples. Interesting to see what music cut Yuzu will make - there's that fast piano piece in the full composition which will go great with final stsq but it will give too much Chopin vibe or maybe he will go with the same ending part as in Johnny's FS.

32 минуты назад, Dori6886 сказал:

If he's really only using Art on Ice and Magical Stradivarius for Origin, then it's great for me, because that's the music parts that I like in Plushy's program. 

I love this program more and more with every view, and it's still only some parts :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I like this music parts too - it's powerful music but not overdramatic. And nothing against Scheherazade but maybe I've heard it too much in ladies field.

1 hour ago, Dori6886 said:

If he's really only using Art on Ice and Magical Stradivarius for Origin, then it's great for me, because that's the music parts that I like in Plushy's program. 

I love this program more and more with every view, and it's still only some parts :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The trouble is Scheherazade is the musical reference to Nijinski - he could use another iconic music like L’apres midi d’un Faun or Petruschka if he can get them to mesh.

23 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

The trouble is Scheherazade is the musical reference to Nijinski - he could use another iconic music like L’apres midi d’un Faun or Petruschka if he can get them to mesh.

Yes, indeed but if we go by what he said, there is nothing else. Just the Art on Ice with a bit of Stradivarius. It's puzzling.

I am one of those who is sorry Scheherazade is gone, I liked it but I'll wait to see how all of it sounds now. 

Wait, wait, wait! What if... :scratch3: costume for wintery Origin will be white-gray-blue + black? This can be a tribute to Yagudin's Winter as well! :confused0066: After setting with Javi friendly rivalry among skaters, Yuzuru reconciles two greatest enemies in this sport in one program. Yuzuru, you're legend :worship:

Just finished catching up, about the costume talk a few pages ago:

1) iirc NDP wasn't designed by Johnny. It just follows his style.

2) It's speculated that the costume could be designed by 折原志津子(not sure how to pronounce the name - she's the designer of etude & RJ1),  because she went to cricket club during the summer. If it turns out to be true I'd love that so much! Aside from the sheer beauty of her past works, it's like Yuzu's not only going back to his origin with music & 4A, but with the costumes & the designer too :D 

Re: no musical reference to Nijinsky: Maybe the program is not that much about Nijinsky? In the interview he didn't even mention the name, just Art on Ice & music used by Plushenko-san. The program is about his Origin in skating, so probably rather than Nijinsky the legendary ballet dancer, it's more about Nijinsky the iconic program by Plushenko. 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic