2018/2019 Season Program Announcements

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

*plonk*

yasss he keeps the SP! I can't wait to see how much sharper it can get! Shelock Holmes OST can suit him too:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Eta: my wild child Nastya! :img_21: 

The most important thing is that she's happy and motivated (and healthy of course). I'm curious about her FS, will they go for epicness&drama or something more quiet? 

3 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

yasss he keeps the SP! I can't wait to see how much sharper it can get! Shelock Holmes OST can suit him too:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I was watching Candian Nationals last night and praying he'd keep it. I'm so happy. I hope we can see that 4Lz in competition soon! 

6 hours ago, Katt said:

Both Evgenia's music choices are very very D.Wilson. Yo Yo Ma “Mumuki” is a bit meh. I'm more curious about the SP,  it could be a cheerful, bright program if its done right.Again, I wish I could trust DW.  But well, its indeed different from what she did before and that's the thing alot of people want and care about 

( How can DW manage to pick the music I dislike most of the time :drama:)

I wonder, if a skater brought unorthodox music to David Wilson, would the end result be interesting? I'm also not very excited for Med's programs.

Since I'm planning to go to Helsinki, I'm going through the programs to see what skaters there have up their sleeves, and tbh I'm disappointed in the choices by the ladies. Lots of slow music, lots of David Wilson. I'm scared that it'll be boring. (I can't believe I'm typing this, but Zagitova might be one of the few going uptempo.)

41 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I wonder, if a skater brought unorthodox music to David Wilson, would the end result be interesting? I'm also not very excited for Med's programs.

Since I'm planning to go to Helsinki, I'm going through the programs to see what skaters there have up their sleeves, and tbh I'm disappointed in the choices by the ladies. Lots of slow music, lots of David Wilson. I'm scared that it'll be boring. (I can't believe I'm typing this, but Zagitova might be one of the few going uptempo.)

That's what I wonder too. But DW (and most choreographers ) always want to take control in his programs. The problem with him is when he find a style/element that work for a skater,  he will just stick to it. The same with Lori. I think Shae is more open that she actually let skater go out of the box sometime and challenge them. I need to see Evgenia's LP  for a better judgement but I don't trust DW will come up with unique choreo for a warhorse.

I really like most of the music choices revealed recently :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: Especially for Marin (if choreo is good, I think I will root for her more than I thought), but also Satoko (and I liked maybe two of her competitive programs so far). And of course Tarakanova and Imagine Dragons, wow (whyyy is jr ladies field so deep...). Plus Kazuki doing Riverdance :agree:

And I can't wait for Evgenia's programs, mostly for SP :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

1 hour ago, airi said:

I really like most of the music choices revealed recently :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: Especially for Marin (if choreo is good, I think I will root for her more than I thought), but also Satoko (and I liked maybe two of her competitive programs so far). And of course Tarakanova and Imagine Dragons, wow (whyyy is jr ladies field so deep...). Plus Kazuki doing Riverdance :agree:

And I can't wait for Evgenia's programs, mostly for SP :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

1 hour ago, airi said:

I really like most of the music choices revealed recently :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: Especially for Marin (if choreo is good, I think I will root for her more than I thought), but also Satoko (and I liked maybe two of her competitive programs so far). And of course Tarakanova and Imagine Dragons, wow (whyyy is jr ladis field so deep...). Plus Kazuki doing Riverdance :agree:

I thought that the Seven Nation Army was not a good choice for Marin, her dainty hand movement seems too ingrained for her to be able to do actual non-ballad rock, but from the snippet it sounds like she's doing that jazzy cover version, so it may work for her. Excited to sed the whole program from her!

Tarakanova and Imagine Dragons looks awesome. Whoa.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to 2018/2019 Season Program Announcements