2018/19 GP Assignments

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Plus, isn't two weeks, like, a lot for him? He recovered two quads while injured in the span of 2 weeks and won the Olympics with that preparation. If he messes something up in his first GP, he has fresh kuyashii to fuel him for the whole period before the other GP, hopefully no travelling in between, just hard focused training (but not too hard). In the end, they are both in November, and that's the great thing - no early GP. 

And didn't he go from NHK 2014 4th place disaster to absolutely stunning GPF victory with only one mistake in each segment, also in two weeks time (and no Brian, even)?

He did stay in Japan for that, though. 

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

And didn't he go from NHK 2014 4th place disaster to absolutely stunning GPF victory with only one mistake in each segment, also in two weeks time (and no Brian, even)?

He did stay in Japan for that, though. 

2014 GPF is also another case of Yuzu doing very well when cornered, though. He already had stomach pains then and was probably particularly fired up after just barely making it to GPF.

I do think staying somewhere in the area would make the most sense with those two events so close together, but where would be best we'll see, I guess... Going back to either Canada or Japan would be a potential recipe for disaster... I haven't followed very closely who goes where from TCC, but I'm guessing Brian will travel to all of them, but otherwise each event will probably have another coach assigned... like Gabby's events will probably have Lee, Yuzu's will probably have Ghislain and such... I'm pretty sure leaving Yuzu with Ghislain is what they're going to do. Isn't anyone else from TCC at CoR? They could train together somewhere... (It's also possible the deal to ship Yuzu off to these events included the federations ensuring he'll have a place to stay and train in between the two events, I guess?)

It is weird, though... (If only it was further South, then Yuzu could go to Spain and train with Javi :P)

24 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

2014 GPF is also another case of Yuzu doing very well when cornered, though. He already had stomach pains then and was probably particularly fired up after just barely making it to GPF.

I do think staying somewhere in the area would make the most sense with those two events so close together, but where would be best we'll see, I guess... Going back to either Canada or Japan would be a potential recipe for disaster... I haven't followed very closely who goes where from TCC, but I'm guessing Brian will travel to all of them, but otherwise each event will probably have another coach assigned... like Gabby's events will probably have Lee, Yuzu's will probably have Ghislain and such... I'm pretty sure leaving Yuzu with Ghislain is what they're going to do. Isn't anyone else from TCC at CoR? They could train together somewhere... (It's also possible the deal to ship Yuzu off to these events included the federations ensuring he'll have a place to stay and train in between the two events, I guess?)

It is weird, though... (If only it was further South, then Yuzu could go to Spain and train with Javi :P)

No one else will be from TCC in Moscow. Going back to Canada for a week and then back to Europe would be a bit difficult...I'm curious if Yuzu stays somewhere in Europe or he goes back for such a short time.

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

No one else will be from TCC in Moscow. Going back to Canada for a week and then back to Europe would be a bit difficult...I'm curious if Yuzu stays somewhere in Europe or he goes back for such a short time.

Uh, Lambiel maybe?

The reason why I'm saying it's short is this:

Nov 2-4 Finland. Maybe leave Finland Nov 5th, and land at night at Toronto?

Nov 6th- 13th: Toronto training, assuming no jet lag, only about 7 days to adjust and recover if anything

Nov 14th: fly out to Moscow and get 1 day to adjust for jet lagg

Nov 16-18: Moscow for COR

This is a really tight schedule. My guess is if I had my choice, I would have asked for SC and COR, or or SC and IdF, even if in the latter case the time is tight against GPF, at least GPF won't have him traveling too many time zones.

I hope Yuzuru stay in Europe. I can see him back to canada if it is IDF but with COR, he would have  only 5-6 days of training at TCC with long flights and jet lag. He used to train in Russia during GP in 2011/12 season so it can be arranged. My wish is that Ghislain would be with him. 

8 часов назад, LucyH сказал:

I am not sure that Kolyada has all that much support from RusFed. TAT is a bigger fan of Yuzu than him. He has a rough draw getting Yuzu in both GP’s 

I'm surprised too but seems like they want big names more. I though it would be Dima and Mika for CoR but  well... not complaining))) and Dima has not an easy GPs too.

8 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I'm surprised too but seems like they want big names more. I though it would be Dima and Mika for CoR but  well... not complaining))) and Dima has not an easy GPs too.

Maybe they liked the attention and money coming in from having Yuzu compete at COR and want to have it again. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

21 minutes ago, Xen said:

This is a really tight schedule. My guess is if I had my choice, I would have asked for SC and COR, or or SC and IdF, even if in the latter case the time is tight against GPF, at least GPF won't have him traveling too many time zones.

I'm not sure Yuzu had much of a say in where he got sent. As unseeded skater, he was a bargaining chip. They'll have to make this work. At least it's not back to back, like it would be if he got Finland AND NHK. 

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'm not sure Yuzu had much of a say in where he got sent. As unseeded skater, he was a bargaining chip. They'll have to make this work. At least it's not back to back, like it would be if he got Finland AND NHK. 

Yep, he gets schafted because he's the biggest, most profitable bargaining chip in FS. And well, it was probably needed else the GP would be homeless. o_O

And so, Yuzu as bargaining chip saves the GP series, story for this season.

12 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

And now I have to strategise so I can go to either Helsinki or Moscow. Fingers crossed.

Helsinki, come on, you know you want to! We'll make it work, somehow, everybody who wants good seats gets good seats.

I have a good track record at getting tickets in on-line ticket sales. (knock on wood)

Just now, Winnie_20 said:

Helsinki, come on, you know you want to! We'll make it work, somehow, everybody who wants good seats gets good seats.

I have a good track record at getting tickets in on-line ticket sales. (knock on wood)

Go to which one you can get a room for sleeping. Are all the hotels and Air BnB for both events completely sold out yet?

If not, I'm really dissappointed!

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Go to which one you can get a room for sleeping. Are all the hotels and Air BnB for both events completely sold out yet?

Now that would be REALLY impressive. I don't think even Yuzu could pull that off.  :xD:

I hate to see Yuzuru being used as a bargaining chip but the worse thing is I'm promoting this because I'm a willing victim (JUST GIVE ME A TICKET AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!)

Explain to me why most people want to stay near the event venue? They are usually a distance away from city central and I honestly am fine with daily 1 hr travelling time by public transport but am I missing out anything? The better hotel near the venue at Moscow are sold out (I haven't check Finland and I'm not sure if I can go) but I am wondering is it a bad move to stay far away from the venue? 

9 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Now that would be REALLY impressive. I don't think even Yuzu could pull that off.  :xD:

Helsinki is small and there arent that many hotels or B&Bs though. I've been faced with a sellout situation with other events (music festivals) before. Don't know how it's looking now but I'm worried I'll end up begging friends and relatives to give me a place to sleep..