2018/19 GP Assignments

Just now, Katt said:

Am I the only one who glad Yuzuru finally not getting NHK ? He basically did NHK for the whole past quad. Let him grace another GPs with his presence :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I'm sad because NHK is Yuzu's home ground and it's like they decided to let him go (although again still very understandable).

But I'm excited that he's not sticking to predictabilty and routine as well. With his second Olys medal gotten, I see this as him starting anew.

Playing prediction games next GP is going to loads of fun. I mean... who are all those people in pairs, for instance? 

Just now, Forcefield said:

I'm sad because NHK is Yuzu's home ground and it's like they decided to let him go (although again still very understandable).

But I'm excited that he's not sticking to predictabilty and routine as well. With his second Olys medal gotten, I see this as him starting anew.

Ok, basically, Japan gets him for the Nationals. And the Worlds. Fingers and toes crossed! 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Playing prediction games next GP is going to loads of fun. I mean... who are all those people in pairs, for instance? 

I just looked at the list expecting to see a lot of Junior pairs moving up... but actually surprised to see very few of those, mainly some ex-Junior Russians pairs. Who are really good, IIRC. 

edit: or, wait a minute... *looks confused* Maybe I'm mixing up some names. lol. 

So confused, all the names are more or less familiar. Have some already been on the Senior circuit? Or maybe I've just been watching too many Russian nationals... *blush*

This is OT but I kind of wished JSF wouldn't put any of their top girls against the top Russian ladies in GPs, mainly Zhenya and Alina. Even if the JPN ladies skate spectacular they will be robbed. Improbable because there only 6 GPs but well it's wishful thinking.

Well, all I have to say about Yuzu doing two European GPs is that I hope he gets judged fairly and honestly at them. And that I'm bummed he won't be at SC. :sorrow:

(The reason I say this...I've read some things on the 'net about how there are European members of the ISU who still don't accept that an Asian is winning...so I worry.)

20 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Well I think this is the best they could do. Shoma finally get a home GP, more fans have chance to see Yuzuru. He will do Nationals, Worlds, and possile WTT in Japan *knock on all woods*. My biggest fear in the past few days is Yuzuru and Shoma at NHK  because it will open a can of worms, luckily JSF is not that stupid. 

20 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I know people were saying Javier was the hope of Europe as Asia and NA are dominating men's singles. With Javi's semi-retirement and a big ?? on the Russian boys, maybe Europe decided to adopt Yuzu since JSF has to take care of Shoma. :P

I'm all for Yuzu being adopted as honorary European (by Finland?) and taking part in European Championships, so he can be the first non-european men to win EC since Dick Button :coolio: that's DESTINY, I tell you :hachimaki:

Anyway, Helsinki got TWO olympic champions...not bad for a first time.... (it probably helped that COR was Alina's so she could attend a GP a couple weeks before). Time-wise, maybe it's not ideal to have two GP within two weeks, but the dates are quite good (tho SC wuld have been better)... tho he'll fly two times to Europe and back in two weeks (please Zuzu take care, be careful of jet lag and flu plz):snonegai:

Sad that Pairs and ID do't seem to have gathered big names (tho S/B will be there? Are they the top russian ID team now?)

11 minutes ago, Katt said:

Well I think this is the best they could do. Shoma finally get a home GP, more fans have chance to see Yuzuru. He will do Nationals, Worlds, and possile WTT in Japan *knock on all woods*. My biggest fear in the past few days is Yuzuru and Shoma at NHK  because it will open a can of worms, luckily JSF is not that stupid. 

Shoma has super easy assignments. Yuzuru not so much.

I do wish JSF actually cared about their double Olympic champion too but I suppose that's too much to ask. Ah well. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Shoma has super easy assignments. Yuzuru not so much.

I do wish JSF actually cared about their double Olympic champion too but I suppose that's too much to ask. Ah well. 

They don't seem to care that much about their ladies too, aside from the one. Seems they can't multitask.