Team Russia

Thank you for the translation, Fay, I've enjoyed reading it.

Mishin said a lot of interesting things even though I don't agree with many things he said/I didn't fully understand what he meant.

I like both Petrov and Lazukin - Petrov can be consistent, yes. I liked his FS a lot this season, and I'm looking forward to his next programs next season. I hope that he can stabilize his 4T next season (I don't know if he is already practicing another quad, too?). 

I agree that Lazukin's style is really beautiful, I enjoy watching him skate. I liked both of his programs this season.I hope he won't have problems again with his back and that we'll see his 4Lo next season.

@Hannah, I think it seems that Mishin is implying that if Liza won't have a successful season next year, then she might retire. Which may be not far from truth...not because she's not trying hard, but because the ladies field is so deep in Russia that she might not make into the team. Anyway, I'm curious about her new programs, which were choreographed by Adam Solya (or was it only her FS? I can't remember now).

Ladies: I don't think that Medvedeva is unbeatable. She was invincible this season, but next season will be different. Her biggest rival could be another lady from Russia - Zagitova - but many things could happen to both of them in the next months. Anything could happen, and then there are the Japanese ladies who are a big threat, too.

Mishin said that he thinks that being strong in singles skating is fundamental in all four disciplines. I'm not sure what he means when he says that the latest events confirm that there will be ice dance teams which consist of two strong single skaters. In pairs, it may be different, but for ice dance, I am rather sceptical. The top ice dancers now are not strong single skaters, and I don't know how this would change in the near future.

And as for the quads...well, I think that quads are very important in this era, but it had been proven several times that it is not everything. I can taste the pepper and mustard when I watch retired skaters doing shows, or while I watch Jason's or Misha's skating at a competition...

9 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Ladies: I don't think that Medvedeva is unbeatable. She was invincible this season, but next season will be different.

Mishin said "unbeatable" about last season. He didn't speak about next season. He actually didn't say anything about next season in ladies.

Every season is different. You can say "unbeatable" only after competition - not before... She said in one of her interviews last year that noone is allowed to give away medals before any competition. Life is unpredictable. She's totally aware of the fact that many people are expecting her to fall and it keeps her motivated. Every time she's asked about OG she answers that she still has to make it to the team (which is like winning Worlds again considering the battle that ladies have to face at the Russian Nationals))) 

15 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Mishin said "unbeatable" about last season. He didn't speak about next season. He actually didn't say anything about next season in ladies.

Every season is different. You can say "unbeatable" only after competition - not before... She said in one of her interviews last year that noone is allowed to give away medals before any competition. Life is unpredictable. She's totally aware of the fact that many people are expecting her to fall and it keeps her motivated. Every time she's asked about OG she answers that she still has to make it to the team (which is like winning Worlds again considering the battle that ladies have to face at the Russian Nationals))) 

Haha, Medvedeva always sounds so grounded in her interviews. Good for her!

Alina Zagitova programs : 

SP : Black swan. Music - Clint Mansell «Black Swan» Ost, Nicholas Britell «The Middle of the World» . Choreography by Daniil Gleikhengauz. 

FS: Don Quixote by Ludwig Minkus.

She keeps  same FS as last season with few changes. 

Interview in russian:

http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3026-alina-zagitova-chtoby-sledit-za-moimi-vystupleniyami-na-ldu-babushka-podruzhilas-s-kompyuterom.html