Team Russia

18 hours ago, Paskud said:

I'm torn between knowing that Plush is a bit right VS. he acts like saint when his skaters are overscored af too VS. finally someone tries to do something and this time someone influential, or at least famous.

His behaviour is how it is, it isn't really surprising, but at least he seems to try to do something that is so blatantly obvious in Russian skating these days, and he's at least has some influence because of his name. I wish there'd be some changes but I'm a bit skeptical.

On 1/15/2021 at 4:05 AM, sallycinnamon said:

Are you ready to fight?

- I am open, I like to fight, with pleasure. We can pair up in gloves, in full contact.

Plush did. NOT! :ohmygod:

Read the rest of the interview, and I see that he did. Wow. 

He has a point though, about how aggressive the commentary about skating on social media has become. 

Channel 1 Figure Skating Cup (Team Competition)
ice dance men pairs ladies
Zagorski/Guerreiro Aliev Boikova/Kozlovsky Valieva
Morozova/Bagin Ignatov Mishina/Galliamov Kostornaya
Skoptsova/Aleshin Kolyada Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin Trusova
Stepanova/Bukin Kondratyuk Tarasova/Morozov Tuktamysheva
Khudaiberdieva/Bazin Mozalev   Usacheva
Shevchenko/Eremenko Samarin   Shcherbakova

Two teams take part in the tournament. Team captains - Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva. The prize fund of the tournament is 10 million rubles.

The competition will be held in the presence of spectators and will be broadcast live on Channel One. Participants will perform in short and free skating in men's and women's singles, pair skating and ice dancing. The best team will be determined by the total score. Judging will be carried out according to the current ISU system. In addition to the sports result, the teams will compete for the Audience Award. Spectator voting will be held live on Channel One. In addition, for the first time in the history of such competitions, a separate jumping tournament will be held - a particularly entertaining part of the program.

The teams will be formed as a result of the draw, which will be broadcast live on the resources of the First. Under the guidance of the captain, each team will choose a name for themselves and prepare a colorful team number for their fans. Athletes who took 1-6 places in the Russian Championship 2021, European champions 2020, world champions are invited to participate.

Friday, February 5

Official training.

Draw.

Jumping Festival

Saturday 6 February

Team tournament. Short program

Sunday, 7 February

Team tournament. Free program

https://fsrussia.ru/news/5336-ffkkr-i-pervyj-kanal-predstavlyayut-komandnyj-turnir-kubok-pervogo-kanala-kotoryj-projdet-5-7-fevralya-v-megasporte.html

Zhulin

Vika [Sinitsina] and Nikita [Katsalapov] were invited to the team tournament, and the federation is very upset by their absence, but I see and observe them every day. If at the Tatiana Navka show they skated on a 20x40 m rink - there is acting, you don't need to push with anyone, then when they returned from there and began to train at full strength, they took a long time to recover, passing literally one or two elements. Vika will have CT scan again in ten days, but her lungs were severely affected. I do not want to take risks and I cannot.

I really respect our federation, I love it when my athletes perform, but this is a risk. They have their whole life ahead and, I hope, the Olympics. Therefore, I decided not to exhibit them. We will strive to prepare for the Russian Cup final and are looking forward to the decision on the world championships.

https://tass.ru/sport/10504291

5 hours ago, Melodie said:

New FP for Kosto!  

Huh, on one hand I'm happy as I really didn't care for this one, I didn't feel like it suited her all that well so I get it... But the cup final is in about a month right? I don't know if that's enough time to prepare another one, she hasn't been in great shape this season :( Guess we'll see

4 часа назад, Pink Elephants сказал:

Huh, on one hand I'm happy as I really didn't care for this one, I didn't feel like it suited her all that well so I get it... But the cup final is in about a month right? I don't know if that's enough time to prepare another one, she hasn't been in great shape this season :( Guess we'll see

There will be team event next week, I think she might skate new FS there.

Anastasia Shpilevaya

We moved on to new coaches in the group of Denis Samokhin and Maria Valerievna Borovikova, but we did not skate for long, because quarantine began. For obvious reasons, there was no ice, everyone was sitting at home and doing physical training via Skype. I also ran every day because I live in the private sector. I ran in a mask and I must admit that it is disgusting. Thank God, I have a younger brother who entertained me - the quarantine was not so dreary.

When the quarantine was over, we went out on the ice for a week, and then I got seriously ill. Coronavirus. First I was treated at home. I called the doctors, I knew what could be taken, but nothing helped - my temperature was kept for a total of two months.

There was no improvement despite two courses of antibiotics. My kidneys started to hurt, and other problems began. Insane shortness of breath - I got up from bed to toilet and began to choke. I tried to walk, do breathing exercises, but nothing helped.

We decided to go to the hospital in the center of Gamaleya - this is our sports hall. I spent ten days there, all this time they cleaned my blood, because it was very bad. Complications went to the whole body. There was a strong intoxication. It got better, I was discharged, but at home the temperature still rose for some time. And since after being discharged from the hospital I was again quarantined, the total break without training turned out to be huge.

Then I went out on the ice, I'm not exaggerating, for one hour. The next morning, my foot hurt so badly that I simply could not stand on it. I did not understand what was happening - there was no reason for such pain. Immediately, naturally, to hospitals, for examinations, and there they tell me - you have reactive arthritis. Complication after coronavirus. This happens, stay at home for another three weeks. I informed my partner and coaches about this, and I sat at home - what to do. 

All this time I tried to do something at home. I rocked my abs, back and legs on the rug. All the same, it's not that - not ice, not aerobic exercise. But I seemed to be cured. We started skating, and a week later my legs hurt again, now both and twice as strong. At first I thought that I could not miss any more, and started taking painkillers. All athletes know that it helps for a few weeks, and then it only gets worse. Because, firstly, there is an addiction to pills, and secondly, you are not treating anything, and the problem is getting worse. So it became worse for me than it was. I went to the examination again. Found a fracture of the metatarsal bone of both legs.

According to the doctors, after the illness all my joints weakened, my bones were not ready for the load, although I gave half the load than usual. What to do? I told my partner and coaches that I was being treated.

Initially, I had no idea of ending up with sports. I was in the mood for recovery, striving forward, development and all that. But one day, while I was lying at home, my partner wrote me a message. That he was tired of being in the unknown and would be looking for a new partner. That he’s tired of waiting for me and doesn’t know when I’ll be healthy.

It was a big blow for me. I realized that, in principle, I could no longer go on the ice. Well, that's all - depression, apathy.

I had no idea how to look for a partner, especially given the general situation in the world. Breaking up a pair of rolled ones to get up with an experienced boy is ugly, I would not want to do that. Finding an inexperienced beginner in dancing is difficult. Grisha and I just skated together for ten years, and I couldn't imagine anyone else next to me.

The post that Grisha and I will no longer ride, I posted on emotions. Then I realized that I shouldn’t voice it all out yet, and deleted it, but it was too late - many saw and recognized. It was still important for me to remove it from my page. A rash act on my part, but what happened was what happened. Now we do not communicate with him, but before we were good friends. 

(...)

For a long time I tried to recover. I am not the kind of person who tells someone about my problems, but especially close ones. I worry that they will worry even more than I worry (laughs). So I just ate myself from the inside.

Thank God, I have attentive parents who noticed this and helped. They said that they would accept any of my decisions and would always support them.

My mother and I went to Belarus to my aunt, she lives in Mogilev. Then the borders were still open. There, one might say, I was reanimated. I even went to a psychologist a couple of times. I returned from there as a different person, with new goals and understanding of my capabilities. 

At first there was a resentment, sometimes I even thought, maybe it's worth coming back? These thoughts are always visited by people who have recently retired from their careers. I could not honestly admit to myself that everything, this is the end, the sport is over. The psychologist helped me to understand that figure skating will leave my life anyway.

We had such a dialogue. "What time do people stop skating as late as possible?" "Well, about thirty years old." "How old are you now?" "Twenty one." “Well, in the best case scenario, you will skate for another 9 years, and then it’s all over. So what are you going to do?" "I do not know." "So what difference does it make when you are tormented by this decision, now or in nine years."

I thought - really! (laughs). I am grateful to everyone who walked this path with me, both the coaches and my partner. But now is the time to try something new.

I will work with children from 4 to 6 years old, this is the youngest age. My task is to teach them how to skate and instill a love for figure skating. Someone may want to go to big sport later. Someone will just come to learn how to make a swallow and show off to friends. But loving figure skating will make any of these scenarios more enjoyable.

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/matchtvnews_NI1305694_Koronavirus_slomal_jej_karjeru_no_ne_kharakter_Iskrennij_monolog_Anastasii_Shpilevoj_i_jeje_novaja_zhizn_v_figurnom_katanii

hey guys, random question for the day

between Anna and Kamila, since I feel like they are the most pushed skaters by rusfed at the moment, who will score higher if both skate their sp and fs clean AND Kamila doing 2 quads and 3 triple axels and Anna doing 3 quads and 2 triplelutzloop combo. With how Kamila looked at rusfed, I'm sure she would want to up her tech in order to be competitive against a clean Anna.

I was looking at rusnats results and I feel like it is somewhat going to reflect how they are pushed by rusfed. Of course things can change if either one falters in the next few comps, but right now both are "looking strong" so they stand neck to neck on PCS and GOE. I feel like Anna has higher chance skating clean due to having more experience with her optimal layout. in a hypothetical world if both skate clean with their optimal layout, I feel like Kamila might win. The narrative of 15 year old prodigy ogm is so appealing like what we kept seeing surrounding past ogms (Zagitova, Lipinsky, (almost Lipnitskaya))

Anyway, at rusnats Kamila scored 10 points less but she fell on a triple axel in the sp. I feel like Anna replacing one of her triples with a quad lutz/flip won't give her as high of a marginal difference as Kamila replacing two other triples with two triple axels and a clean triple axel in the short. 

41 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

hey guys, random question for the day

between Anna and Kamila, since I feel like they are the most pushed skaters by rusfed at the moment, who will score higher if both skate their sp and fs clean AND Kamila doing 2 quads and 3 triple axels and Anna doing 3 quads and 2 triplelutzloop combo. With how Kamila looked at rusfed, I'm sure she would want to up her tech in order to be competitive against a clean Anna.

I was looking at rusnats results and I feel like it is somewhat going to reflect how they pushed by rusfed. Of course things can change if either one falters in the next few comps, but right now both are "looking strong" so they stand neck to neck on PCS and GOE. I feel like Anna has higher chance skating clean due to having more experience with her optimal layout. in a hypothetical world if both skate clean with their optimal layout, I feel like Kamila might win. The narrative of 15 year old prodigy ogm is so appealing like what we kept saying with past ogms (Zagitova, Lipinsky, (almost Lipnitskaya))

Anyway, at rusnats Kamila scored 10 points less but she fell on a triple axel in the sp. I feel like Anna replacing one of her triples with a quad lutz/flip won't give her as high of a marginal difference as Kamila replacing two other triples with two triple axels and a clean triple axel in the short. 

Big IF, imo.

I think it will simply come down to who will be cleaner.

13 часов назад, makebelieveup сказал:

It's hard to say, of course rusfed is pushing Kamilla, but I doubt she can deliver 3 clean 3As at the moment, also she seems to be more fragile mentally then Anna.

We will see at team event next week and Final Cup at the the end of Feb.