Team Russia

1 minute ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

Oh, absolutely. That just goes to show that one wrong decision can change everything.

To be fair, we don't know if her initial decision to leave for Japan was as wrong as it seemed, because we don't know what factored into her making that choice. But in hindsight, yeah. 

On the other hand, it's not like Toronto was/is COVID-free. She could have stayed right there and still got injured, still got sick, etc. There's no point in second-guessing. 

6 часов назад, monchan сказал:

Now i think it's better for zhenya to stay in canada with Brian.

I am not sure she could stay with Brian, even if we put aside all that very questionable Japan trip, there were rumors RusFed didn't want to pay for Canada anymore.

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

I am not sure she could stay with Brian, even if we put aside all that very questionable Japan trip, there were rumors RusFed didn't want to pay for Canada anymore.

Didn't RusFed put out a statement about that? Zhenya was paying her own expenses in Canada out of her endorsement deals etc.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Didn't RusFed put out a statement about that? Zhenya was paying her own expenses in Canada out of her endorsement deals etc.

That could help explain her trip to Japan. Either desperate hope or issues with the show company and insurance or even a combination of the two. I think she's been mismanaged by people above her - agents, RusFed, etc. I'm sure she made some bad decisions herself but there were definitely professionals in management who were governing her choices who messed up too. 

1 minute ago, memae said:

I think she's been mismanaged by people above her - agents, RusFed, etc. I'm sure she made some bad decisions herself but there were definitely professionals in management who were governing her choices who messed up too. 

You can say that again. Just from observing her, I feel like she's been getting bad advice all year. 

12 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I said that were such rumors. I don't think she can cover all expenses abroad by herself anyway (RusFed and skating club covers some expenses for all main team members). You can add here show cancellations, Russian currency big drop and bratty behavior on top of that (with Japan trip in the first place), so it is what it it is now.

Volkov about Kovalev

At the Moscow Championship, he skated a short one, and a sprain was found. The groin aches. There is no crime, we just thought that it was pointless to skate an arbitrary through pain shortly before the Russian Championship. Artem himself wanted to compete, but I was against it. Three or four days will rest, and from next week will begin to fully train and prepare for the Russian Championship.

He performs well everywhere this season, except for the Grand Prix stage (11th place), where the real nervous tension was off scale. The usual content will be shown at the Russian Championship. We thought to put another quadruple, but it's still a big risk. Although in Chelyabinsk, we will assess the situation again.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201211/kovalev-1588830111.html

Zhuk

Vanya [Bukin] and Sasha [Stepanova] are doing well, they have recovered, now we are preparing for the Russian championship. The guys are in a very good mood, positive, eager to fight, missed the competition, tired of illness. They want to perform.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201211/figuristy-1588779232.html

Zhulin about S/K

The temperature constantly fluctuates in the region of 37-38 degrees, the state is very strange: weakness, but the tests (for COVID-19) are negative. Nothing is clear. People have already become brutal to sit at home. And if you consider that the European Championship was canceled, then some motivation disappears. But I hope that the guys do not share my pessimistic views. I am waiting for them on the ice and will look at the situation, how we will generally prepare for the Russian championship.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201211/sinitsina-1588756644.html

The winners and prize-winners of the Russian Figure Skating Championship in Chelyabinsk will be awarded unique medals made of stone and metal, according to the website of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR). The design of the awards symbolizes the wealth of the Ural Mountains.

The logo of the FFKKR and the Russian championship, as well as the figure skater's silhouette, are printed on medals on a stone resembling ice - icy quartz, mined in the Chelyabinsk region.

"The basis of the medals is made in the technique of Zlatoust engraving on metal and made of a special brand of brass, which is covered with 999 gold (for the first place), nickel (for the second place), copper (for the third). The weight of the medals is 160 grams."

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201211/figuristy-1588746742.html