Team Russia

49 minutes ago, Yume said:

I thought he has a little chance since Kolyada and Kovtun are not more consistents. But their higher potential scoring plays for them.

Well Lord Samarin is the only solid member of that team.

Lazukin is not more consistent than them. Honestly I can't see any argument for Lazukin's Worlds spot: Kovtun and Kolyada both won international competitions this season, they finished on the podium at Nationals and have higher scoring potential than Lazukin.

28 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Lazukin is not more consistent than them.

Which i agree with. They are equally inconsistents. Honestly i know that there is 99% of chances that the team will be Samarin-Kolyada-Kovtun. But since RCF has so much weight in ladies and that ladies who did far better this season than Kovtun and Kolyada don't have their spots secured, i was wondering.

2 minutes ago, Yume said:

Which i agree with. There are equally inconsistents. Honestly i know that there is 99% of chances that the team will be Samarin-Kolyada-Kovtun. But since RCF has so much weight in ladies and that ladies who did far better this season than Kovtun and Kolyada don't have their spots secured, i was wondering.

You can't compare the current situation of the men and ladies in any way. But I think Lazukin may have had a chance for a spot with two brilliant skates at the Final, in case Kovtun's or Kolyada's form would be worse than it was at Europeans. Too many ifs...

17 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

You can't compare the current situation of the men and ladies in any way.

Yes, i can. As in men, there is no one who dominated the season above every other Russian in ladies (since Zagitova results are nothing apparently), and there is only one skater who was enough solid at least in last competitions to earn a spot without question by general opinion (Samarin and Samodurova. Even if imo Zagitova too earned a spot without question).

But i repeat, i was only wondering, not saying that Lazukin deserves a spot.

Happy birthday to Eteri btw.