Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

I used to love Tatiana and enjoy her comments and commentary but I've lost my admiration for her over the past few years :14066882:

15小时前, airi说:

What kind of mockery is this? Gleikhengauz and Kogan tested positive, but still are flying with the whole team to Beijing :happy0007:I'm just.... speechless.

I don't think they've realized how serious the issue is. The whole team could face the possibility of being quarantined if they are tested positive in Beijing.

Guest turquoiseblue

Interviews with Evgenia Medvedeva

Evgenia Medvedeva: “I’m honest with myself, I did everything, I squeezed the maximum out of myself, I tried even more, but I couldn’t squeeze out more.”

Did you worry when everything (sports career) ended?

Evgenia Medvedeva: It went pretty smoothly. After 2018, I promised myself that I would follow my sports path until I crawled and stopped at all. I am honest with myself, I did everything, I squeezed the maximum out of myself, I tried even more – but I couldn’t squeeze out more.

About her role in Beijing 2022

Evgenia Medvedeva: The day after tomorrow I fly to Beijing. I’m not worried, rather excited. I’m nervous, but not in a bad way. It is very interesting what will happen there, and I am very afraid of doing something wrong, like all of us.

I will comment, so watch skating. Of course, one of my main roles there is as an ambassador. I think it will be very interesting, because for the first time we have such a role, not only for me, but in general, in principle, at such competitions. At the last competitions (Tokyo 2020) it was not possible to be there, but this time luck is on our side.

“How many people, so many opinions. I won my first Grand Prix at the age of 15. This is my answer.” Evgenia Medvedeva about raising the age minimum

About competition in the group of Tutberidze

Evgenia Medvedeva: The main thing is to have respect. Rivalry is one thing, but respect is quite another. I’m not talking about sports respect, but about the personal respect of a person for a person. All the girls work very hard. Judging by the way they communicate, they have a warm relationship. I hope everything is alright.

About the reason for the Tutberidze’s group success

Evgenia Medvedeva: There is always an unchanging system, an unchanging coaching staff. A system developed over the years. It gives results. The system of communication, training, loads, run-throughs. This is a very multifaceted and complex work that has been building up over a long period of time.

About raising the age minimum

Evgenia Medvedeva: How many people, so many opinions. I won the championships at the age of 15. No, at 16 and 17. I won my first Grand Prix at 15. Here is my answer. It’s just that people are worried because quadruple jumps are very spectacular, but often lead to injuries.

About future

Evgenia Medvedeva: I want to understand what I want to do. I want to become a person who found himself in life after sports. Like Laysan Utyasheva. Now I have several ways – I want to understand which way is more comfortable for me.

I get Stockholm Syndrome feelings from everything she says.  That rink eats up young girls, chews them up into flawed champions and spits them out as soon as their bodies give out as though the Soviet Union were still in existence which is not particularly surprising but disappointing. 

Guest turquoiseblue
9 hours ago, Melodie said:

Most are maskless. Something never changes.

:59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s:

Please stay safe and healthy, Zhenya and Alina :smiley-angelic001: :grouphug: