Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2018] Olympic Games Gala

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, Pamigena said:

 

meh, I've come to expect very little of these group numbers at competitions to be honest. They have so little time to train the choreo, and pretty much everyone is exhausted anyway and uses their last bit of energy to have fun with the other puppies. I usually cut them some slack here.

My sentiment exactly. It's another thing to expect good individual number for gala, it's rather too, err, what's a word that wouldn't hurt people's feelings but accurate, unrealistic, let's go with that one, I believe, to expect a good group number, with what little time (and remember this was still rather early in the morning, plus the ladies couldn't join until the final rehearsal and two team performers couldn't be there) they had. Also, if you want the group number to be totally amazing, chances are, you'd have to sacrifice all those cute moments due to them goofing off during practice. Pick one people, we cannot have it all.

 

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

 

 

What she said in the Italian caption is so sweet, tho.:10742289:

thanks for sharing the links! i knew i can always count on this crowd <3<3<3 :snonegai:

1 hour ago, dancingnoodles said:

Full gala with CBC commentary

 

Thank you very much :bow:

 

5 hours ago, robin said:

 

Yup, he always uses gloves when hydroblades are involved 

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t wear gloves for Chopin

No gloves for Chopin, but also none for 2014 Change and fingerless for Hello I love you. Aside of that always I think? With the exception of ACL seimei of course :biggrin:

 

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

:rofl:

The fact that Yuzuru kind of looks in his direction like "lol got ya!".

 

4 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I wonder whether the lift was Yuzu or Ondrej's idea this time and how it came about... did Yuzu approach him like "hi, could you please lift me up again at the gala, but higher this time?":pouty::rofl:

Yuzu's but Ondrej went with it right away:laughing: he seriously should have expected that since they tried it on the first day of practice...

Bless you guys for the gala videos. And love you guys for being my companion throughout this Olympics <3

About gala, I was waiting in the end if they gonna do it like sochi when Yuna Kim was promoting Pyeongchang and they'll get Boyang or Sui Han to do that, but nooo, :laughing: and also was waiting if Yuzu gonna skate to something with the fan (one can hope). But anyway swanyu today was a gift that will keep with me during the dry times ahead. :10636614:

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

My sentiment exactly. It's another thing to expect good individual number for gala, it's rather too, err, what's a word that wouldn't hurt people's feelings but accurate, unrealistic, let's go with that one, I believe, to expect a good group number, with what little time (and remember this was still rather early in the morning, plus the ladies couldn't join until the final rehearsal and two team performers couldn't be there) they had. Also, if you want the group number to be totally amazing, chances are, you'd have to sacrifice all those cute moments due to them goofing off during practice. Pick one people, we cannot have it all.

 

What she said in the Italian caption is so sweet, tho.:10742289:

Can you translate?

5 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Can you translate?

I don't speak Italian, so please anyone who does correctly me if I'm wrong.

Marchei basically wrote: "Yuzu is enjoying being lifted by my partner. It's indeed great to see the world from up there. What a marvellous personality you have, Yuzu, a very sweet Olympic champion."

I feel so empty now. I can't believe it's already over :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

 

2 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I don't speak Italian, so please anyone who does correctly me if I'm wrong.

Marchei basically wrote: "Yuzu is enjoying being lifted by my partner. It's indeed great to see the world from up there. What a marvellous personality you have, Yuzu, a very sweet Olympic champion."

It's correct :)

7 minutes ago, Rora1608 said:

It's correct :)

 

:embSwan: My guessing game is on point. I am blaming thanking Max Ambessi and Angelo Dolfini (sp?) for my brain absorbing some Italian words.

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

 

 

Just to translate what Valentina wrote in Italian: "Yuzu is starting to enjoy being lifted by my partner.. indeed, seeing the world from up there is a bliss. What a wonderful character you are, Yuzu, the sweetest Olympic Champion!" 

 

Edit: oh sorry you had already translated ahahhahahaha I'm useless

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.