Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2018] Olympic Games Gala

Featured Replies

Gala Exhibition of Olympic 2018. It was a really enjoyable event for me. But it went so fast T_T. Gala was Amazing! I saw many figurists in a different light. 
But here I want to say abt Yuzuru. He really is living on the ice. He was born to skate. He really can fly above that cold flat surface. He was soaring in the air when he jumps his delayed Axel. It was an unforgettable experience for me and it'll be live forever in my heart. All his performance felt like a beautiful, but so, so fragile dream and sadly I was forced to wake up too soon. I felt so many things, I cried tears of joy and sadness. I was so grateful, that I was able to see his skating alive and all that emotions that he gives to us. Also, I was so grateful that he able to skate. I wish him all luck in the world for healing his ankle. He must return to us! 
Several fancams from me. Sorry for the quality, but surprisingly it went out not so bad.
And he was so cheerful and grateful to spectators! He said Arigato multiple times and his bows! Oh, he is such a cutie pie!
First one: Group dance, waving to the crowd. Funny moment: Satoko takes Yuzuru's hand, Alina didn't see that, split them by back and take Yuzu's hand xD. Bold girl.
Second one: Jenya jumps, group photo by Olympic champions and Yuzu with Alina, Selfie: Evgenia, Yuzu and Misha.
Third one: Verrrryy end T_T.


15 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

 

 

Oh wow I didn't notice before, but Yuzu running to the front and leading the group for the run around at 10:00 was planned! He actually had to go through the crowd, it wasn't just a convenience of whoever happened to be at the front of the arrangement. The choreographer knows what the crowd wants lol

24 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

 

Oh wow I didn't notice before, but Yuzu running to the front and leading the group for the run around at 10:00 was planned! He actually had to go through the crowd, it wasn't just a convenience of whoever happened to be at the front of the arrangement. The choreographer knows what the crowd wants lol

yes, I watched the gala practice and the choreographer said that Yuzu would be leading. (As for the starting part of the last number, Alyona should've been the main star but sadly she missed out).

Honestly, if I were Savchenko, I would have been there by myself.:rofl:

That's why I can never be a sportman, and especially not if I have to be a part of a team.

Full gala from the online NBC stream: https://mega.nz/#!40EBEI5B!rbRnEddcM3jqPR0_0BFl4ksDkgb-RGPxoe8W5SGkO6E

 

Yuzu gala performance with different commentaries: https://mega.nz/#F!9oEQ3ZBS

Key: !fGTdkgE5ezOtgnJmr_qNvw

 

@Yatagarasu's file is also in there as she also used mega.nz so I just imported it into my folder for myself 😃

 

Also, I'm not really certain about the 'NBCSN' labels, but in any case, what I mean by those are what the NBC streams live online, which appears to be the official default English broadcast with Belinda and Jim as commentators that other TV channels broadcast as well. 

1 minute ago, Raomina said:

Full gala from the online NBC stream: https://mega.nz/#!40EBEI5B!rbRnEddcM3jqPR0_0BFl4ksDkgb-RGPxoe8W5SGkO6E

 

Yuzu gala performance with different commentaries: https://mega.nz/#F!9oEQ3ZBS

Key: !fGTdkgE5ezOtgnJmr_qNvw

 

@Yatagarasu's file is also in there as she also used mega.nz so I just imported it into my folder for myself 😃

 

Also, I'm not really certain about the 'NBCSN' labels, but in any case, what I mean by those are what the NBC streams live online, which appears to be the official default English broadcast with Belinda and Jim as commentators that other TV channels broadcast as well. 

:bow: Thank you and everyone else who uploaded videos!!

My translation of Tatiana Tarasova and A. Grishin's commentary during "Notte Stellata" (The Swan). O.G. 2018 Gala

I did my best to translate all that T. Tarasova and A. Grishin means so in parenthesis I included synonyms.

 

 

T.T - Yuzuru Hanyu

A.G.- Yuzuru Hanyu pride of Japan and the pride of the entire world. Athlete who stated that he really wants to defend his title as O.C. which he won in Sochi in 2014.

T.T. And he did it.

A.G. And yes he did it. “Starry Night” “Notte Stellata” performed by Il Volo.

 

–-------

A.G. Yuzuru embodies a swan?

T.T The music though (meaning based on the music, yes)

A.G. The music though is “Notte Stellata”

T.T. The music is the dying swan.

 

T.T. He is Absolute (complete, pure, without limit, excellent, perfect)! Everything he does is absolute. Genius absolute (complete, pure, without limit, excellent, perfect) skater. The way he skates, the jumps and the emotions and everything, his body shape and his face, the hands. A real talent! He simply is a real talent!!

And meeting him (meaning seeing him skate and just meeting him in person) is always wonderful!

 

A.G. It surely is! Likewise he has that incredible (tremendous) will to work hard. He is not burying this talent, he is developing it and he has achieved amazing results (heights). 66 years in a row there was no consecutive OGM in mens' figure skating.

T.T. Reinz's Notte Stellata “The dying swan”

A.G. It is edited

T.T. Enything can be edited

A.G. Even Tchaikovsky work is edited

T.T. Yes of course!

A.G. …. and Beethoven

T.T. Do you know who gave him this music?

A.G. Yes! Of course I know! Tatiana Tarasova!

T.T. I did! I thought, who else to give it to?! Of course only to him as only he can embody it!

A.G. A true representation (meaning embody of the swan and the music) of a skater. Two times OGM who continues to advance this type of sport. You can see how he is giving it all, 200%, even during the gala performances. The man who is never indifferent to what he does.

T.T. Complete perception (understanding/ feeling) of the music.

(Yuzu stands and waits for the others) T.T.: What is it my dear? What is it my darling? Will you skate some more for us? We would only be happy if you will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

--- She didn't have the itinerary of the event so she didn't know why he was standing there and not leaving the ice as usual and coming back with everyone.

9 minutes ago, nagini said:

T.T.: What is it my dear? What is it my darling? Will you skate some more for us? We would only be happy if you will.

Same TAT, saaaaaaaaame:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Lilona said:

Gala Exhibition of Olympic 2018. It was a really enjoyable event for me. But it went so fast T_T. Gala was Amazing! I saw many figurists in a different light. 
But here I want to say abt Yuzuru. He really is living on the ice. He was born to skate. He really can fly above that cold flat surface. He was soaring in the air when he jumps his delayed Axel. It was an unforgettable experience for me and it'll be live forever in my heart. All his performance felt like a beautiful, but so, so fragile dream and sadly I was forced to wake up too soon. I felt so many things, I cried tears of joy and sadness. I was so grateful, that I was able to see his skating alive and all that emotions that he gives to us. Also, I was so grateful that he able to skate. I wish him all luck in the world for healing his ankle. He must return to us! 
Several fancams from me. Sorry for the quality, but surprisingly it went out not so bad.
And he was so cheerful and grateful to spectators! He said Arigato multiple times and his bows! Oh, he is such a cutie pie!
First one: Group dance, waving to the crowd. Funny moment: Satoko takes Yuzuru's hand, Alina didn't see that, split them by back and take Yuzu's hand xD. Bold girl.
Second one: Jenya jumps, group photo by Olympic champions and Yuzu with Alina, Selfie: Evgenia, Yuzu and Misha.
Third one: Verrrryy end T_T.

 

 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!! <3

6 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

 

It seems...but why (there)?

 

Ah... he's been known to randomly copy choreography (top of my head.. Nobu, Daisuke T., Machida, Kanako, Mura, Javi, Shoma, Deniss V...) :biggrin:

My new dream is an ice show where Yuzu does everybody else’s programs. Figure Skating’s Greatest Hits by Yuzuru Hanyu 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.