25 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I have this feeling that he still won't confirm he's planning on adding the 4Lz? I'm sure he's been working on it all summer, but even if they've decided to go for it since the start of the season I think they won't tell. There's no need to give more info about his plans for his rivals to prepare against and the jump is not 'new' like the 4Lo was last year, since it's been around the field for a while, now.

A Yolo!4Lz sounds exciting... maybe not for Brian :rofl:

42 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I have this feeling that he still won't confirm he's planning on adding the 4Lz? I'm sure he's been working on it all summer, but even if they've decided to go for it since the start of the season I think they won't tell. There's no need to give more info about his plans for his rivals to prepare against and the jump is not 'new' like the 4Lo was last year, since it's been around the field for a while, now.

Hmmm that's very possible...I was just thinking about the announcement of him putting 4lo in the FS came with the open practice last time so I thought new jumps will be emphasized no matter what ...but you are right about 4lo being special because it was a first while 4lz is not and it will not be a bad strategy to not make it known till latter (and then it's SURPRISE! YOLO!:darklordyuzu: )

But we know the reporters will probably press for the 4lz and bombard them with questions about it nonetheless~:knc_brian3:

2 hours ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Hmmm that's very possible...I was just thinking about the announcement of him putting 4lo in the FS came with the open practice last time so I thought new jumps will be emphasized no matter what ...but you are right about 4lo being special because it was a first while 4lz is not and it will not be a bad strategy to not make it known till latter (and then it's SURPRISE! YOLO!:darklordyuzu: )

But we know the reporters will probably press for the 4lz and bombard them with questions about it nonetheless~:knc_brian3:

Oh, if he jumps a 4Lz at open practice it will definitely be the star of the show (I''m so excited to see it when it happens, it will be glorious *__*)  but there's no need to show his cards so soon. And as long as he doesn't confirm anything he's got wriggle room to decide up until the last minute, which is good if the success rate isn't yet where they want it before commiting to it in the planned layout.

(Not talking about YOLO-ing 4Lz, I still have remanent trauma from last season when we knew he used to put a 4Lz instead of a 3Lz at the end of H&L in practice and there was always a lingering fear of him just going for it when he felt pressed for points... :smiley_hairpull:)

7 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

(Not talking about YOLO-ing 4Lz, I still have remanent trauma from last season when we knew he used to put a 4Lz instead of a 3Lz at the end of H&L in practice and there was always a lingering fear of him just going for it when he felt pressed for points... :smiley_hairpull:)

Say whaaaaaat? Details/video/something please! :snonegai:

1 час назад, Valkyria сказал:

I only remember him YOLO-ing 4S instead of  3Lz at official practicies. Idk from where rumors about YOLO-ing 4Lz came :confused:

I think if layout with 4Lz will be 100% decided there's no reason to hide anything (cuz Shoma and Nathan will upgrade BV no matter what Yuzu decides and Javi will know for sure anyway))). If he will not be 100% sure then he can still not say anything.

Or maybe he'll decide to go with 2 4Lo in FS...

2 hours ago, liv said:

Yeah, keeping 4lz hidden, if it is in the cards, might be good until competition time. Always good to keep the competition guessing... even if they suspect. Him bringing a 4lz can totally complicate the game. 

What about Javi? I think it will be hard to keep it from him if Yuzu's 4Lz success rate gets high enough to insert it in the programs :laughing: 

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

What about Javi? I think it will be hard to keep it from him if Yuzu's 4Lz success rate gets high enough to insert it in the programs :laughing: 

Do they even train together?!!! Yuzu was in Japan when Javi was in Canada, then Yuzu went to Canada and Javi to Spain, and now we know that Yuzu will be going back to Japan so when do they get to see each other :confused:

Just now, Neenah said:

Do they even train together?!!! Yuzu was in Japan when Javi was in Canada, then Yuzu went to Canada and Javi to Spain, and now we know that Yuzu will be going back to Japan so when do they get to see each other :confused:

Was Javi in Spain these last two weeks? I didn't know so! Anyways, do we know how much will Yuzu be staying in Japan?

I'm sure they will both be back in Canada for the end of August and for the whole month of September, right? 

So much tension might be going on :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

3 hours ago, Valkyria said:

That rumor was so exciting..Although sounded not really possible.

Alright. Everybody is talking about 4lz, nobody got my concern of loud clapping. I want to see 4lz too...Asap...:xD:

Just now, SSS said:

That rumor was so exciting..Although sounded not really possible.

Alright. Everybody is talking about 4lz, nobody got my concern of loud clapping. I want to see 4lz too...Asap...:xD:

I'm still waitig for that FaoI perfect 4Lz!!! There were reports but nobody posted any vid with it ... :snkuyashii:

29 minutes ago, liv said:

Secrets at tcc are probably short term secrets... I meant others. 

It's possible that part of the reason we won't be hearing Yuzu saying "I will bring 4Lz next season" soon is because of competition and strategy - but if I had to guess, I'd say that the other 5 top skaters wouldn't be too worried about Yuzuru jumping 4Lz in competition. It's the complete package that's scary. Being clean as Yuzu is. Clean Yuzu is on another level of 'cleanliness.'

To us fans, of course, it's always a pleasure to see new elements being added, and 4Lz is already many people's favourite jump, and we didn't even see it clean yet! :laughing:

Also, a 4Lz might incite some judges to give those GOE's when they're due. It wouldn't have the effect to inflate Yuzu's PCS (as happened with Nathan and, in minor part, Shoma) because Yuzu's PCS are already pretty maxed out, but it would definitely influence the general tide in Yuzu's favor. Certainly, the voices of "youngsters leaving the old generation behind, Yuzuru included" would be shut in an instant.