Yeah, the info coming out seems to be specific for Ice Dance. I think the rules will just make certain dance teams move even farther apart in scoring from others, but we'll see. 

The GOE rules for singles, though, will have to have some differences, if they're going to use +2 as a baseline of a good height landed jump, otherwise I've no idea how they'll work around differentiating jumps. Though I guess this new scoring system might be less about differentiating the good from the outstanding, but just making it harder for anyone to separate themselves from the pack and getting those max scores often. 

10 hours ago, xeyra said:

*sigh* Even though I think this is just Raf trolling (or trying to 'scare' the competition), at this point I guess that's all Nathan has left to do jump-wise. Though I feel like he'd have better luck with a -4T combo. 

He just need one landed 4A in competition Then he writes the history and can publish n articles about beating someone on 4A attempt. With his high bv, he is able to have one fall all the time...

:8::smiley_hairpull:Yuzu, slow down, Heath is most important...

2 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Kurt: "can the new multiquad era exist in unity with artistry?"

Me: sends Kurt videos of Yuzuru Hanyu programmes. 

Did you? 

I imagine that Jeff and Todd are giggling seeing that reply. 

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Did you? 

I imagine that Jeff and Todd are giggling seeing that reply. 

I didn't actually. But now that you mentioned it..... hmmmm... I'm really tempted too..... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

42 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I didn't actually. But now that you mentioned it..... hmmmm... I'm really tempted too..... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

You should. H&L Helsinki. Just add a winky face so that they know you're being a good sport about it :laughing:

11 minutes ago, meoima said:

Jeff and Todd are the co-founders of Yuzuru Hanyu GOAT support group in North America. Maybe they’re already sending their DVD collections of Yuzuru’s programs to Kurt. 

I can see the answers to that..."but...guys...it's Yuzu, not average skater. IT'S YUZU, JEFF YOU CHOREOGRAPH FOR HIM YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I ACTUALLY FEEL KINDA TRAUMATISED BY THAT ONE TIME 16YO DID EVERY EFFING THING I ASKED HIM TO DO, AND I DIDN'T INTEND TO SCREAM BUT IT'S YUZU."

Knowing uncle Kurt, he would. With a winky/terrified emoji at the end.

I missed everything but pairs free - real life has been horrendous this month and isn't getting any better.  Sorry to have missed Wakaba, and Katsuki, and Mikhail - had a look at Nathan on YouTube - if he'd been wearing spandex I'dve thought I was back in the 80s - he needs half the rink to set up those jumps - just like boitano.  Couldn't bear to watch Boyang 😭.....come back strong next season.