22 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Alena Kostornaya landed triple Axel... And with difficult enter. And it looks a lot like Yuzuru's enter oO. And Massimiliano Ambesi liked my comment T___T I'm happy

The best 3A of the day. 

I read a document from Skate canada about requirement for skaters next season, and seem like its confirm that senior men's LP will be cut to 4 mins with 7 jumping pass (3 combo). Everything's still the same. I guess most skaters knew this info, just the quad's BV and GOE factor still in discuss. So this might not affect too much in choreo. Skaters still get new program and adjust it instead of waiting for ISU document. 

OK, I'm back with more accurate information. He says that doing axel from spread eagle is a basic movement for him. That when he was training with Tsuzuki-sensei, if he lost his jumps, he'd be made to do them all from spread eagle. Definitely so for the axel. So, jumping axel after spread eagle is a normal exercise for him and a way to deal with losing his jumps. And it's the result of his training since he was a child. That he used to practice more as a child, too, and was made to do this. He also says there was no normal jumping in Tsuzuki-sensei's training, there were always some sort of steps before jumps. So even now, he doesn't really jump normally (I'm guessing by normal, he means simple, with virtually no steps... he uses 'futsuu'). I guess the whole implication is that this is why SE-3A-SE is so easy for him (and I guess SE-any jump-SE).

Just before this, there's another interesting bit, that I'm a lot less confident of, where I think he's pretty much saying that he did counter-axel since long ago, but when he first started doing it, he only ever got +1 or +2. Then there's a bit about other skaters doing counter or SE entries that's I'm confused about, then he talks about doing SE sandwiches in the previous season (2014-2015, I think) and how because that is lengthier, it stands out more (and I guess implies it gets better scores? Not sure about that.)

(Anyone else with the book or original interviews, noticing I made mistakes in interpretation, please feel free to correct!)

13 hours ago, Lilona said:

Alena Kostornaya landed triple Axel... And with difficult enter. And it looks a lot like Yuzuru's enter oO. And Massimiliano Ambesi liked my comment T___T I'm happy

Zu's counter causes him to enter his 3A without changing foot. Unless you're  talking about his FS 3As, in which case other skaters enter their 3A like that too.

The 3A entered from the counter without change of foot is the one uniquely Yuzu's.

6 minutes ago, moonkat said:

Would this be accurate?

New GOE Scoring:

+1 = top skater landed jump

+1=  artistic skater ( aka not Boyang )

+1=  artistic arm movements

+1= some kind of step before jump

+1= clear step before jump

...that might be simple enough for judges to remember. :facepalm:

-That's not how it should be, but probably how it's been applied anyways.

So, my question is: why don't they move Worlds forward a couple of weeks or a month in Olympic years?  I mean, obviously nobody's at the top of their game coming out of the Olympics and going straight into another intense championship.   And it's not like the Olympics sneak up on anybody. As an organization and a sport, it's in everybody's best interest that any event feature healthy, uninjured, rested skaters at the top of their game.   So why don't they just put the Worlds, like, a month forward every four years???

24 分, NWOhiogalさんが言いました:

So, my question is: why don't they move Worlds forward a couple of weeks or a month in Olympic years?  I mean, obviously nobody's at the top of their game coming out of the Olympics and going straight into another intense championship.  And it's not like the Olympics sneak up on anybody. As an organization and a sport, it's in everybody's best interest that any event feature healthy, uninjured, rested skaters at the top of their game.   So why don't they just put the Worlds, like, a month forward every four years???

I guess maybe it's because then it'd be too close to 4CC? And WC is too big to be passed over like 4CC gets passed over which would then undermine 4CC even more than it already is. It also heightens the chances of injury before the Games, since skaters would have to take it very seriously, seeing as it would determine he reigning world champ going into the Olys, which may then cause skaters to burn out before the Olys, with two highly intense Championships back to back instead of just the one with the intensity of the other dampened by the bigger one that came before.

Also, with it after the Olys, it'd be a chance for those who didn't do well at the Olys, as many are prone to doing, to end their season better. I'm pretty sure Chen only managed to skate the way he did today because this year's WC has very little pressure compared to the one last year and the Olys. I dunno. These are just a few reasons I can think of.