For all that Yuzu went to TCC for Javi's 4S, he ended up having more max GOE on it than Javi. :laughing: 

Also, why the heck didn't Han YAN ever have a max GOE 3A or 3A-3T combo back when he was landing those beauties of his?

Judges have increasingly become more generous with their max GOEs from season to season. 

Just now, xeyra said:

Also, why the heck didn't Han YAN ever have a max GOE 3A or 3A-3T combo back when he was landing those beauties of his?

Same as Boyang's 4Lz-smaller skating fed. Though China will probably start throwing investment and weight around soon-with 2022 coming along, China will likely invest in FS for real, we even have a junior ice dance team! This was unthinkable 4 years ago.

Hmm,  so Yuzu hasn't received a max GOE on a 3A-3T combo yet? Or a CCoSp4 or a CCSp4? Hmm...wonder if those are his hitlist.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Same as Boyang's 4Lz-smaller skating fed. Though China will probably start throwing investment and weight around soon-with 2022 coming along, China will likely invest in FS for real, we even have a junior ice dance team! This was unthinkable 4 years ago.

Hmm,  so Yuzu hasn't received a max GOE on a 3A-3T combo yet? Or a CCoSp4 or a CCSp4? Hmm...wonder if those are his hitlist.

Well, Yuzu doesn't really do 3A-3T anymore. Last season he did it only to compensate for a lost 4S-3T combo and the max he got for it was 2.43 at 4CC. His usual 3A combos have been 3A-2T and 3A-1Lo-3S since 2014-2015. 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Well, Yuzu doesn't really do 3A-3T anymore. Last season he did it only to compensate for a lost 4S-3T combo and the max he got for it was 2.43 at 4CC. His usual 3A combos have been 3A-2T and 3A-1Lo-3S since 2014-2015. 

Well then, I guess he can add 3A-1Lo-3S to his list? Though I guess he's removing that jump too this season...T_T

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

Adding to this, it's possible it's also because of his entries into it. Han Yan had (and is beginning to have again) one of the best 3As in the business, but he does go into it with longer preparation, so I think at least bullets 1/2 may not be considered in his GOE. 

24 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Adding to this, it's possible it's also because of his entries into it. Han Yan had (and is beginning to have again) one of the best 3As in the business, but he does go into it with longer preparation, so I think at least bullets 1/2 may not be considered in his GOE. 

Maybe just me, but I also find Deniss V's jumps quite beautiful....

8 hours ago, xeyra said:

I think it may be this. I don't think he usually hits the 3rd bullet either (varied position in the air / delay in rotation), so that would mean max 5 bullets, so +3 would not be "recommended". It would be one of those times judges actually follow the rulebook recommendations LOL

But yeah, if Han Yan had been from some more powerful fed he might have got more generous GOEs. When he's on the jumps are big and with flow, beautiful to watch though not someone else's level of beautiful, sorry, I can't help it:P

I think the same applies to Boyang's 4Lz. It is a gorgeous, huge jump but it doesn't hits the bullets for the complex/creative entry and judges are most scrupolous in following the rulebook.:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

56 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I think it may be this. I don't think he usually hits the 3rd bullet either (varied position in the air / delay in rotation), so that would mean max 5 bullets, so +3 would not be "recommended". It would be one of those times judges actually follow the rulebook recommendations LOL

But yeah, if Han Yan had been from some more powerful fed he might have got more generous GOEs. When he's on the jumps are big and with flow, beautiful to watch though not someone else's level of beautiful, sorry, I can't help it:P

I think the same applies to Boyang's 4Lz. It is a gorgeous, huge jump but it doesn't hits the bullets for the complex/creative entry and judges are most scrupolous in following the rulebook.:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

Han does get some +3 GOE by individual judges in his 3As, though, since he often has GOE above +2. But it's like every GOE. Some judges give it to you, some hold it back. :P

11 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Han does get some +3 GOE by individual judges in his 3As, though, since he often has GOE above +2. But it's like every GOE. Some judges give it to you, some hold it back. :P

I bet Yuzuru will have at least one SP performance this year that will have all +3 GOE on all three jumping passes. AT LEAST one. :devilYuzu:

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I bet Yuzuru will have at least one SP performance this year that will have all +3 GOE on all three jumping passes. AT LEAST one. :devilYuzu:

I would really like to see that. It has to happen! He was so close. He was only 1 judge away from it. He needed only 1 more +3 on his 4T3T. Ugh. :laughing:

17 hours ago, LadyLou said:

This. With Boyang it's usually not the GOE, but the PCS where his points get squandered (especially when put in context with the rest of the field).

16 hours ago, xeyra said:

He needed only 1 more +3 on his 4T3T. Ugh. :laughing:

I am still so very :salty: about this  #JusticeFor4T3TRippon

On 9/27/2017 at 11:51 PM, Floria said:

On 9/28/2017 at 5:55 AM, GreatLakesGal said:

Wow! What fantastic news to wake up to this morning! Skating skills has been the one area that the anti-Hanyu fans have successfully used against him, negatively comparing his skills to Chan's. 

Let's do some positive PR work for our guy and make sure this quote gets the attention it deserves.

9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

They deserve to be here.:sadPooh: