General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

That channel is so nuts. Try to watch this all the way through without headdesking your desk into woodchips.

I think I watched it once, checked out the comments and someone wrote Nathen is first to land the quad loop and closed it.  :laughing:

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

May I say I find it infinitely cool how the crowd clapped to Seimei's step sequence even during practices? And it seems as loud as if it were in a competition. Those practices were definitely popular! 

I keep hearing these loud claps that sometimes I think they're part of the music cut!

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

That channel is so nuts. Try to watch this all the way through without headdesking your desk into woodchips.

And this is the official Olympics channel. :facepalm: Can't they just hire someone who knows what they're talking about? And in this video it's as if salchow is the only type of jump. :facepalm:

I'll probably take videos from this channel with a pinch of salt, even if it's about a sports that I'm unfamiliar with.

7 時間前, xeyraさんが言いました:

May I say I find it infinitely cool how the crowd clapped to Seimei's step sequence even during practices? And it seems as loud as if it were in a competition. Those practices were definitely popular! 

It seems that this is just a part of the first official practice in Russia, nearly the end of it, but not a runthrough. 

nyapippi has dubbed the sound of the FP of Rostelecom (I think the clapping sound as well) and she was surprised that it was totally matched without any lag.  

She reiterated as it is important, "This is not a runthrough."

14 minutes ago, Altie said:

According to that video there are 5 disciplines in rigure skating and ice dance has three programs while the other have two... :confused:

I was wondering if the 5 disciplines were Mens, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance and Team. Although I wouldn't categorize Team as a discipline :facepalm:

And I read in the YT comments that ice dance used to have 3 programs, but the rules have been changed for a while now. Did the person who made the video just read a wikipedia article only halfway through?

23 minutes ago, Altie said:

According to that video there are 5 disciplines in rigure skating and ice dance has three programs while the other have two... :confused:

They say ice dance features 3 programs in this video too, and I didn't know Javi's mother is good at cooking ramen :laughing:
Maybe they are challenging us to show our knowledge about the sport by spotting as many mistakes as possible...

25 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

They say ice dance features 3 programs in this video too, and I didn't know Javi's mother is good at cooking ramen :laughing:
Maybe they are challenging us to show our knowledge about the sport by spotting as many mistakes as possible...

A game? For children? Do said children get rewards for pointing out and correcting errors? Are there different levels of rewards given depending on the type of error spotted (obvious basic knowledge vs in-depth knowledge)?

Maybe that ramen is the bestest ramen in the world-hmm, how to make spanish ramen.

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

It seems that this is just a part of the first official practice in Russia, nearly the end of it, but not a runthrough. 

nyapippi has dubbed the sound of the FP of Rostelecom (I think the clapping sound as well) and she was surprised that it was totally matched without any lag.  

She reiterated as it is important, "This is not a runthrough."

Ahhh, thank you for clarifying! I should probably google translate tweets next time. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Didn't Javi post on his instagram this last (I keep forgetting it's 2018 >_<) Summer that he was eating ramen, after getting back to Toronto? I was wondering if he made it or not, since it wasn't in a restaurant or one of those pour water and wait bowls.

ETA: found it. It does kind of look too good to be home made... and there's takoyaki, too... Now I'm hungry :13877886:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

A game? For children? Do said children get rewards for pointing out and correcting errors? Are there different levels of rewards given depending on the type of error spotted (obvious basic knowledge vs in-depth knowledge)?

Maybe that ramen is the bestest ramen in the world-hmm, how to make spanish ramen.

52 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Didn't Javi post on his instagram this last (I keep forgetting it's 2018 >_<) Summer that he was eating ramen, after getting back to Toronto? I was wondering if he made it or not, since it wasn't in a restaurant or one of those pour water and wait bowls.

ETA: found it. It does kind of look too good to be home made... and there's takoyaki, too... Now I'm hungry :13877886:

I knew the ramen has nothing to do with his home in Spain but thought he had it when he was in somewhere in Asia. His chopsticks say "Javier" so he cooked it himself in Toronto? If so, he is a good cook!

I thought Yuzu section of the video seemed mistake-free but it introduces an Instagram account made by his fan like his official account :facepalm:
I'll search for other mistakes if they offer me a seat kept for IOC officials on Feb. 17th:biggrin: