General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

What "Behind the Scenes"? This is just like another beautiful CM. I'm blown away. :bow:

Trust Japan to be #Extra enough to have a release date for a commercial lmao

(they should just produce a series of artistic ~inspiring~ short films about Yuzu and release a new one when they hit a sales numbers target...it would sell like crazy)

8 minutes ago, kaerb said:

BTS of P&G ad - actually a really really beautiful video with great cinematography (also, catch me crying abt yuzu in cropped slacks and #fresh white tennis shoes, def cleaned those w P&G products) :embSwan:

He really does look good in white. So fresh. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, kaerb said:

BTS of P&G ad - actually a really really beautiful video with great cinematography (also, catch me crying abt yuzu in cropped slacks and #fresh white tennis shoes, def cleaned those w P&G products) :embSwan:

Wait... Is this a commercial.... for a commercial???????

8 時間前, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

did he say yuzu for gold during Sochi tho?..... :slinkaway:

if he did say gold, then I'm putting Plushy's prediction to the good section.

I don't remember exactly when it was, but some time before Sochi, I heard that Plushenko had said, "It's me who will get the gold medal.  If not me, it's Yuzuru Hanyu to get the gold." (Sorry, this is a rather direct translation from Japanese, not his exact words.)

When I heard this, I thought "What on earth is this man saying?  Are you really going to be in the Russian Team? (considering his age), and Yuzuru is just moved up to the senior category and it is too early to foresee, although we know he has the potential."  And I believe this was not so different from the opinion of others at that time.

But, you know, Plushenko has won the gold as the team, Yuzuru has also become the gold medalist.  I had respected Plushenko, but it has been further enhanced by this :biggrin:  

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

Is this a movie trailer...!!? jk.. This is so awesome... I'm so :13877886::10742290::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

:13877886: it is like movie... and omg...ankle, white shoes, white shirt, jumps, skates, hands under thigh...I am dead...dead...

I am glad he wears "stupid" sport clothes everyday...If he does what Boyang does, I will die every day...

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

In the end what we are seeing this season is perhaps the final chapter of what is already a legendary saga, one that we can see in its infancy with that amateurish video of nine-year-old Yuzu skating so earnestly and making those jumps, (including a triple salchow) and his signature Bielmann, or maybe what we're seeing is just another chapter on a still-continuing journey.  We'll know by April.

I always get goosebumps when thinking about this. We are witness the history...and a manga/anime like story...I hope 4A will be the final chapter and then the ending is a still-continuing journey in a different world XD 

Almost everything except fans is against him, I can't wait for the dramatic win. 

About the two silver pattern, I hope in his last season  he will get all the golds, like what he did in the season of 2010...:sadPooh:sounds impossible but this man's destiny is real, who knows..XD

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

I let out the biggest "ヤバイ" in a crowded store...

On 2017/11/1 at 午前1時59分, micaelisさんが言いました:

I think everyone should take a look at Yuzu's Olympic medal.  If we look at it with some objectivity it should be said that he didn't win the gold, but more or less stumbled into it.  He was far from perfect in his free skate, but fortunately for him, Patrick was even less perfect.  I still remember that short video of him being so surprised that he had won the gold.  In fact, in my judgment the one competition he truly won of the Big Three that season was the GPF.  At Sochi and Worlds he just screwed up less than the competition.  In the 2013 GPF he skated two solid programs and was clearly the one in charge.  Beyond that, as impressed as I am (nobody could not be) by Yuzu's legendary two weeks in late 2015 I still think his most dramatic and truly triumphant victory was the 2014 GPF, followed closely by his triumph in Helsinki this year.  Knowing how that 2014 season had been so disastrous leading up to the GPF, it was the fitting Hollywood finale of his pursuit of GPF gold.

This can be seen from whichever perspective we want and I'd be the least surprised out of us if the man himself shares yours. But as far as I'm concerned, it can't be further from the truth or in the word you chose to use, "objective".

While winning with a perfect skate is the ideal, it isn't the only way to prove one is deserving of victory. Rallying the way he did back then despite the earlier mistakes is testament of true grit. Even though he opened up nicely with a quad-triple combo, Chan messed up the next quad, which he shouldn't have had any issues with and made a few other mistakes right up to his final jump, and a relatively easy one at that--the 2A. Which means, the guy just fell apart after that first mistake he made. While Hanyu? He messed up in his very first jump but only let it bother him up to his third one, the 3F. And even then, he managed to pull off his second quad right after his first error beautifully. And if one were to tune in from the second-half onwards, you'd never be able to tell that he made those mistakes he did in the first half, thanks mostly to his prowess in the 3A (since he did mess up his 3Lz combo, which is harder to spot unless you knew he planned for a combo there).

He didn't stumble into his victory. Calling it that discredits his other strong points as a competitor. That Olympics wasn't a test of who skated the cleanest or made the least mistakes, it's about who has the stronger mind to hang on despite the shock of making a mistake and knowing full well right then and there that their chances for gold have greatly decreased. And who has the better 3A. Hanyu proved all that better than anyone else that day on the ice. It's not just a matter of him having a higher BV than Chan. It's a matter of delivering tough elements in the latter half despite a rough start. And even then, he only barely managed to eke past Chan to win in the FS segment as well.*

So, even if the setup of Plushenko withdrawing (thus removing home-biased scoring from the equation altogether in the men's event), Chan falling apart and him being able to rally in the second half all seem to be signs of the gold being meant for him and him alone, I think it's clear that he fully deserved his win and he should feel absolutely no guilt or shame about it. That he does anyway only cements his worthiness of it. To quote Shizuka Arakawa, "There isn't a more amazing sporting talent than one who's able to go into the Olympics while still in the early developmental stages as a skater, and win it."

But because he's done it once this way, I do hope that he's able to put out a set of clean skates this time, not because he'd already won with an imperfect skate once, what I said above stands for all competitions, but it seems to be what he badly wants, and the only way he can convince himself he deserved that win back in 2014. So whether or not it results in the gold, I only hope he's able to achieve that. If not for both programs, then at least just his FS.

*If it wasn't for that accursed 2A, Chan would likely have won the FS segment at least. But he'd still have lost the gold because his SP scored behind Hanyu's so even if Chan were to have managed to salvage that last bit of his skate, the gold would've still gone to Hanyu simply because he skated the best anyone had ever seen in the SP. So 'stumbled' into his win, he did not.

P/S: I didn't become a fan of him nor figure skating itself from his Sochi SP. Or from his Nice FS. I became one only after I saw the contrast between his mistake-riddled skates and his perfect ones. The fact that his perfect skates are milestones in a journey full of struggles to keep one-upping himself, is what drew me to him as both a skater and a person.