Gamers r' Us

xeyra

5 hours ago, Neenah said:

I played Final Fantasy games from 7 to 13 (1 & 2) and I am currently playing Lightning Returns, and I want to play the earlier games if I have time in the future. I also love the Tales series but I only played Abyss, Symphonia, and Zestiria

The Tales series are deliciously old-school J-RPG. *hearts* Unfortunately a large part of my enjoyment of these games comes from the music, and I have been rather underwhelmed by the more recent Tales soundtracks by Motoi Sakuraba like Graces, Xillia, and Zesteria. I prefer his work on the Star Ocean series.

Lightning Returns got on my nerves so much with that time-system! And of course eventually you do figure out you get plenty enough time to do everything you want because you can just freeze the clock easily and often, but still...

and I have a crush on Hope, so glad he showed up again! ;-)

On 13/6/2017 at 14:55, Puniyo said:

That wood obsession... I know the feeling :rofl:

And the fishing boats were so slow in the beginning and when you 'upgrade' they suddenly become speed boats...  :rofl:... wuahhh... how nostalgic :drinks:

I really hated the priests from the enemy, like no matter how big the army was, if I spotted a priest, he would be my first target (no offense to the church... :rofl:). And the villagers were quite useful as well for fighting in big numbers... LOL

I played yesterday after a lot of time (called by new tribe 'Planet Hanyu' LOL), and as usual I had the best development for all resources, the most villagers, but I didn't have an army at all :rofl: I guess my pacifist inclination is obvious in Conquering strategy games! 

20 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I played yesterday after a lot of time (called by new tribe 'Planet Hanyu' LOL), and as usual I had the best development for all resources, the most villagers, but I didn't have an army at all :rofl: I guess my pacifist inclination is obvious in Conquering strategy games! 

This sounds like fun!! Unfortunately I don't have the game anymore and one time I tried to play a demo but it did not work on my Windows 10... :cry:

AoE reminds me of Knights and Merchants which I also loved ^^

4 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

The Tales series are deliciously old-school J-RPG. *hearts* Unfortunately a large part of my enjoyment of these games comes from the music, and I have been rather underwhelmed by the more recent Tales soundtracks by Motoi Sakuraba like Graces, Xillia, and Zesteria. I prefer his work on the Star Ocean series.

Lightning Returns got on my nerves so much with that time-system! And of course eventually you do figure out you get plenty enough time to do everything you want because you can just freeze the clock easily and often, but still...

and I have a crush on Hope, so glad he showed up again! ;-)

I really liked the music in Zestiria, but I agree it is not as good as the other games. I really like the Tales games for their characters, they have really good character development and the interactions are fun.

Lighting Returns was giving me anxiety when I started playing it and now I am a bit bored. I was never a big fan of the fetch quests and this  game have so many of them, and the time factor makes it even harder to get them done. Surprisingly, I am enjoying the fighting system and I love the concept of driving a monster species to extinction. I just hope that the ending of the game will not be as disappointing as the one before it.

Hope is my favorite character, his story and development in the first game was brilliant. I wish he had his own game, he had a great life during the three games I really want to know more details.

On 6/13/2017 at 09:44, xeyra said:

I'm mostly a RPG kind of girl, both of the solo and MMO varieties. I have played a variety of both single player RPGS (many of which were Bioware games; Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc.)

This is me. I've played everything from Bladur's Gate up and now I'm parked on Skyrim. Not much time for gaming these days but what there is, goes there.

Also Civ is something I love but I'm still with IV and can't be bothered to upgrade. Maybe one day!

And ooh Age of Empires! Totally did play both and loved it. I still have it somewhere in the sea of disks around my desk. Hm. 

I regularly play civ with Oda Nobunaga, rename the civ to "Hanyu Empire" and the religion Hanyuism :D 

So I get civilizations asking me to send missionaries to them because they've "heard the tenets of Hanyuism" and want to follow it 😂

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I regularly play civ with Oda Nobunaga, rename the civ to "Hanyu Empire" and the religion Hanyuism :D 

So I get civilizations asking me to send missionaries to them because they've "heard the tenets of Hanyuism" and want to follow it 😂

Very fitting. Good job spreading this high religion.

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Very fitting. Good job spreading this high religion.

I also name the cities after his programs, with the capital of course being Sendai :D which turns into the "Holy city for Hanyuism" lol

8 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I now have a real desire to see a little video of the start and spread of Hanyu Empire and rise of Hanyism. We could send it to TCC. As a gamer, he'd appreciate it :rofl:

I'm also suddenly thinking of Settlers, I used to play that too. Oh and Anno. Huh. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I now have a real desire to see a little video of the start and spread of Hanyu Empire and rise of Hanyism. We could send it to TCC. As a gamer, he'd appreciate it :rofl:

I'm also suddenly thinking of Settlers, I used to play that too. Oh and Anno. Huh. 

The replay shows a map of the expansion of the empire.

In the most recent gameplay (which i have on hold for now... no time lmao) one of my neighbors is Spain :P 

I am aiming for domination victory with the Hanyu Empire :rofl:

I recently picked up my 3DS again after weeks of being glued to my PC Civ VI and For Honor is all I've been doing over break . I needed to de-stress from the constant war and fighting and Gandhi , of course the first thing I did on my 3DS was play FE14.... I need less stressful games :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: or just hobbies in general :tumblr_inline_mg16fphSd01qdlkyg:

29 minutes ago, Anony said:

I recently picked up my 3DS again after weeks of being glued to my PC Civ VI and For Honor is all I've been doing over break . I needed to de-stress from the constant war and fighting and Gandhi , of course the first thing I did on my 3DS was play FE14.... I need less stressful games :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: or just hobbies in general :tumblr_inline_mg16fphSd01qdlkyg:

7bd.jpg

Gonna come and show off my things here :P

8D9A678ABECBAD42823B151752963769A128B074:rofl:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-formaHanyu Space Program

And some shots of a Blade Runner-esque park i am building in RCT3

F215356F58FB67FC8B5979DD901CE9620F1A06B3C7E0AADCFBB6909D54574D014842B693A60A0457

On 15/06/2017 at 10:17 PM, SparkleSalad said:

I just dropped in to recommend Ico and Shadow of the Colossus - my two favourtes of all time, both by Fumito Ueda - and now I hear there will be a remake of Shadow for PS4! 

Also, Katamari everything.

I never was any good at Katamari, but I played a few of the games. Good times! I remember loving areas with flowers and plants, and I think there was one with candies. So cute.

Ico and Shadow... let's say I've watched the gameplays on youtube. I've tried playing both games, but they scare the you-know-what out of me. I'm not much of a puzzle person (and will happily cheat my way through any puzzles I come across in J-RPGs by ways of walkthrough strategy guides). I don't mind creepy silence and mysterious surroundings and stuff in TV series or movies, but in games, it's a big no no for me. :slinkaway:

1 minute ago, Winnie_20 said:

I never was any good at Katamari, but I played a few of the games. Good times! I remember loving areas with flowers and plants, and I think there was one with candies. So cute.

Ico and Shadow... let's say I've watched the gameplays on youtube. I've tried playing both games, but they scare the you-know-what out of me. I'm not much of a puzzle person (and will happily cheat my way through any puzzles I come across in J-RPGs by ways of walkthrough strategy guides). I don't mind creepy silence and mysterious surroundings and stuff in TV series or movies, but in games, it's a big no no for me. :slinkaway:

Yeah, completely agree! I think it relates to how in games you're actually embodying the character or walking with the character, so any scares are automatically done to you, whereas in movies or TV, it's happening to someone else. So it makes it worse in games.

I've also been known to google through some puzzles....... The Secret World had a bunch of those and some even involved morse code. Who got time for that!?