Gamers r' Us

xeyra

Oh man, can't believe that I just discovered this thread.

I'm a massive Civ fan. So glad to know that there are other Civ fans here!

Civ4 I can easily win on Immortal, and maybe 1 in 3 games on Deity. Haven't done much Civ5 (so so on Emperor and maybe can pull off Immortal on a good map), never tried Civ6.

Any Broodward fan here? I used to watch MSL / OSL livestream. Massive fan of Jaedong. (I love Flash too. I really like Stork's personality).

Boardgames anyone? Agricola? Dominion?

Oh, thanks for bumping this thread, @wingman, it allowed me to discover it as well :laughing:

Also an avid gamer here. My fav titles would be The Witcher (Poland's primary export product :P), The Elder Scrolls (super excited about the TES VI announcement, even though it'll probably take forever), Assassin's Creed (although I still need to catch up with the 2 most recent installments), Borderlands, Middle-earth, Diablo, some old-school RPGs like Neverwinter Nights, occasionally strategies (HoMM, and, like it seems quite a few people here, I grew up with Age of Empires :biggrin:), occasionally adventure games (Broken Sword, Syberia would be my very favourites) and probably some other stuff which escapes me right now.

I used to be into some MMOs too, but no longer, because boy are they time-consuming :P

I very much enjoy board games as well, and I'm lucky to have friends who like spending money on them, so I don't really have to :muahaha:

Just now, Rainna said:

Oh, thanks for bumping this thread, @wingman, it allowed me to discover it as well :laughing:

Also an avid gamer here. My fav titles would be The Witcher (Poland's primary export product :P), The Elder Scrolls (super excited about the TES VI announcement, even though it'll probably take forever), Assassin's Creed (although I still need to catch up with the 2 most recent installments), Borderlands, Middle-earth, Diablo, some old-school RPGs like Neverwinter Nights, occasionally strategies (HoMM, and, like it seems quite a few people here, I grew up with Age of Empires :biggrin:), occasionally adventure games (Broken Sword, Syberia would be my very favourites) and probably some other stuff which escapes me right now.

I used to be into some MMOs too, but no longer, because boy are they time-consuming :P

I very much enjoy board games as well, and I'm lucky to have friends who like spending money on them, so I don't really have to :muahaha:

:10742289:

18 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:10742289:

I'm glad my gaming preferences have earned me a hug :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :laughing:

13 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

If we're talking about E3 announcements I'm actually really looking forward to see how Odyssey will turn out (I can't believe I'm excited for an AC game, Bioware who?)

Oh, me too, although, as I mentioned, I still need to catch up with Syndicate and Origins (and, in fact, finish Unity, seeing as I haven't managed that so far - I'm stalling because it's not really my favourite) and I refuse to play them out of order because... I'm weird like that... :slinkaway:  Both Origins and Odyssey are very much up my alley setting-wise, so I'll consider them a prize for completing the parts I'm less excited about. :P

6 minutes ago, Rainna said:

I'm glad my gaming preferences have earned me a hug :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :laughing:

Oh, me too, although, as I mentioned, I still need to catch up with Syndicate and Origins (and, in fact, finish Unity, seeing as I haven't managed that so far - I'm stalling because it's not really my favourite) and I refuse to play them out of order because... I'm weird like that... :slinkaway:  Both Origins and Odyssey are very much up my alley setting-wise, so I'll consider them a prize for completing the parts I'm less excited about. :P

I only played one AC game and it made me physically throw my controller while yelling at my screen to stop climbing everything :xD:

But, you know, I’m a simple woman - I’m being promised romance and dialogue choices, so I’ll bite (plus like you said the setting is A+)

11 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I only played one AC game and it made me physically throw my controller while yelling at my screen to stop climbing everything :xD:

But, you know, I’m a simple woman - I’m being promised romance and dialogue choices, so I’ll bite (plus like you said the setting is A+)

Oh, yeah, this game can do that to you :rofl: (although I play on PC and luckily keyboards are harder to throw but easier to smash head against). Which one did you play?

I had a different problem when I first started playing AC - I began instinctively assessing irl buildings on how they can be climbed best... :4:

1 minute ago, Rainna said:

Oh, yeah, this game can do that to you :rofl: (although I play on PC and luckily keyboards are harder to throw but easier to smash head against). Which one did you play?

I had a different problem when I first started playing AC - I began instinctively assessing irl buildings on how they can be climbed best... :4:

As long as you don't start jumping into haystacks :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: (and it was black flag - I never got very far because said throwing of the controller actually damaged it a bit and I decided the game was not good for my health or equipment lol)

...I feel very old fashioned...but I am playing Pokemon Go.. wich is probably not a game in the strict sense...but I have fun:).

My family thinks me crazy, my nephew thinks me old— fashioned:xD:.

Since they opened up a kind of communicating between players I had the thought: how about a gaming thread on the planet?

And today I found it.

I love how there is a place on the planet for any interest one might have besides fs..

To all Pokemon hunters on the planet: good hunting!!!

:grin:

Edit: and then there is the world cup...at the moment I have one eye on the Pokemon gifts, one eye on news from fs, one eye on the cup...😄

1 minute ago, raebia said:

...I feel very old fashioned...but I am playing Pokemon Go.. wich is probably not a game in the strict sense...but I have fun:).

My family thinks me crazy, my nephew thinks me old— fashioned:xD:.

Since they opened up a kind of communicating between players I had the thought: how aboit a gaming thread on the planet?

And today I found it.

I love how there is a place on the planet for any interest one might have besides fs..

To all Pokemon hunters on the planet: good hunting!!!

:grin:

I've actually started playing again as well this summer, they've changed quite a bit for the better and it's a nice distraction when you're on the move

But maybe that just means I'm old-fashioned as well heh

5 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I've actually started playing again as well this summer, they've changed quite a bit for the better and it's a nice distraction when you're on the move

But maybe that just means I'm old-fashioned as well heh

Yeah!

Another Pokemon hunter!!

It is only my nephew who makes me feel old— fashioned...he always talks about how HIS generation does not play it anymore...

But I know he is wrong — we are the young at heart!:):2thumbsup:

Just now, raebia said:

Yeah!

Another Pokemon hunter!!

It is only my nephew who makes me feel old— fahioned...he always talks about how HIS generation does not play it anymore...

But I know he is wrong — we are the young at heart!:):2thumbsup:

I'd wager a guess that his generation wasn't around for the original rise of Pokemon :9:

12 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

As long as you don't start jumping into haystacks :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: (and it was black flag - I never got very far because said throwing of the controller actually damaged it a bit and I decided the game was not good for my health or equipment lol)

Ohh, that was a good choice though - it's definitely one of the best in the series :agree:

I admit I tried Pokemon Go for like, 1 day when it was first released, but I gave it up almost immediately :13877886: I can understand its appeal, though (and, I mean, it's Pokemon so that already makes it pretty cool :laughing:) and ironically, not being able to get into it also made me feel old-fashioned...

6 minutes ago, Rainna said:

Ohh, that was a good choice though - it's definitely one of the best in the series :agree:

I admit I tried Pokemon Go for like, 1 day when it was first released, but I gave it up almost immediately :13877886: I can understand its appeal, though (and, I mean, it's Pokemon so that already makes it pretty cool :laughing:) and ironically, not being able to get into it also made me feel old-fashioned...

What made me start it was this thing with augmented reality..I thought ok, this makes me curious...and then it got me.

Going places to find blue dragons and fat yellow ducks😊.

The first time I told my sister I had to go out to visit a nest of ducks she was concerned because she thought I took to hunting real wildlife and do something criminal and against animal rights😄