Gamers r' Us

xeyra

We have threads dedicated to lots of different entertainment but there's none opened about gaming and I was wondering who else appreciates computer/console gaming, and what are your games or genres of choice? I'm mostly a RPG kind of girl, both of the solo and MMO varieties. I have played a variety of both single player RPGS (many of which were Bioware games; Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc.) and lots of MMOs (Final Fantasy XIV, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, among others). 

My current MMO of choice is Elder Scrolls Online, where I'm a casual level 45 Templar, and I've also been occasionally playing Torment: Tides of Numenera (I've been slow at it because my laptop kind of sucks for gaming so I only manage to play properly when I have access to my desktop on weekends). 

Tell me your gaming poison and lets share our love for HP bars and better stories than in some movies!

Skyrim all the way. I just build my PC last October 💖 I'm so happy with it.

I have a ton of mods installed and uuh... I've made some mods too :P

Also haha Civilization V! I haven't tried the sixth installment but I like V a lot so I don't really need Civ VI.

I'm currently playing Dishonored :) and I have a considerable backlog of games haha but I think it will stay that way due to the planet's influence lol

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Skyrim all the way. I just build my PC last October 💖 I'm so happy with it.

I have a ton of mods installed and uuh... I've made some mods too :P

Also haha Civilization V! I haven't tried the sixth installment but I like V a lot so I don't really need Civ VI.

I'm currently playing Dishonored :) and I have a considerable backlog of games haha but I think it will stay that way due to the planet's influence lol

I loved Dishonored! Haven't played the second one yet, though, because potato computers and all. I've also played quite a bit of Skyrim but not lately. I think I downloaded like a ton of mods at one point that it was a different game altogether and I meant to restart it with a new character but never did go ahead with it. Since I'm playing ESO right now, Skyrim took a backseat for a bit, which is stupid because it's actually a better game and I've been playing ESO as a single player game most of the times anyway, but that's how I roll right now. :laughing:

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I loved Dishonored! Haven't played the second one yet, though, because potato computers and all. I've also played quite a bit of Skyrim but not lately. I think I downloaded like a ton of mods at one point that it was a different game altogether and I meant to restart it with a new character but never did go ahead with it. Since I'm playing ESO right now, Skyrim took a backseat for a bit, which is stupid because it's actually a better game and I've been playing ESO as a single player game most of the times anyway, but that's how I roll right now. :laughing:

I'm currently on a non-lethal run through :) I like challenges!

My Skyrim is heavily modded but I use only lore friendly mods haha.

And uuh...

I also play EVE...

(Can you see i like to waste my time away haha?)

Just now, Hydroblade said:

I'm currently on a non-lethal run through :) I like challenges!

My Skyrim is heavily modded but I use only lore friendly mods haha.

And uuh...

I also play EVE...

(Can you see i like to waste my time away haha?)

EVE!!!!! OMG, there was a time I played EVE. I was a Caldari focused on mining for a while, playing a pretty much carebear life. I managed to reach a point where I could run a Hulk but never got far enough in my training (and ISK) for any tier II combat ships. I was mostly just mining (and did some amazing wormhole mining a few times too), and was about to move to low security space with my Corp, but then they kind of backstabbed each other and some ran away with money from our mining operations and then everything went to hell and I quit soon after anyway. I hear there's a limited free to play option now but I haven't explored it and I honestly don't even remember my login information (I played it around 2009-2010 I think?). 

I'm a huge fan of old-school RPG games. I confess 3D graphics and such don't attract me much. I prefer a good storyline, with a lot of text inclusive. 

My favorite game of all times is, and will always be Final Fantasy VI. I think I've probably played and re-played it more than 5 times and I never get bored. The whole Final Fantasy saga is superb in my opinion and the music is like my life's soundtrack... haha! I like Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Shining Force, Legend of Zelda, Phantasy Star... well... old RPGs... :rofl:

I also happen to be addicted to Pokemon! I have practically played all the games except for the newest one (Sun and Moon?). I know they all have the same gameplay of catching pokemons, build your team, leveling up, fighting gyms... but it's very addicting. 

I do also quite appreciate the PC platform Avernum series. Most people kind of find it boring and plain since most 'action' is based on 2D sprites and there are tons of text to read, but I love the story behind it and the fact that you need to use your brain to figure out a lot of puzzles and trying to stay alive. 

My childhood and lifetime favorite PC game will always be Age of Empires II. I grew up playing it on repeat. But when I was little I was scared of battles so I always tried to win the game without having to defeat the enemy population xD

As for non-pc, well. Pokemon, duh. 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

My childhood and lifetime favorite PC game will always be Age of Empires II. I grew up playing it on repeat. But when I was little I was scared of battles so I always tried to win the game without having to defeat the enemy population xD

As for non-pc, well. Pokemon, duh. 

Age of Empires!! *high-fives*

I used to play both I and II endlessly on weekdays. I love all that ancient history and the upgrades through the bronze and iron age and then the medieval period. I remember that the Saladin and Genghis Khan campaigns were my favorites. I even input cheat codes to get secret units so I wouldn't lose to the enemy's army... :rofl::rofl:... and because I loved building the empire so much, I would spend time building and depleting resources instead of just fulfilling the objectives for the scenario... haha!

10 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

Age of Empires!! *high-fives*

I used to play both I and II endlessly on weekdays. I love all that ancient history and the upgrades through the bronze and iron age and then the medieval period. I remember that the Saladin and Genghis Khan campaigns were my favorites. I even input cheat codes to get secret units so I wouldn't lose to the enemy's army... :rofl::rofl:... and because I loved building the empire so much, I would spend time building and depleting resources instead of just fulfilling the objectives for the scenario... haha!

What I loved the most was having the most farms, cutting the most woods (I loved choosing the maps with the most woods... I had an obsession of forests finishing too early), getting 30 fish boats to use fish nets, and getting all the gold and stone, and having the biggest city of all xD so when it came to my army, I never had enough units because I had given birth to too many villagers :rofl: So I ended up converting enemy villagers and army troops to my own flag through the priests :rofl: Also, I loved to win by taking all the relics before anyone could even advance to the Castle age. 

Definitely always cheated with the map's exploration because I hated having black spots in the map and having to waste 10 minutes at the beginning of the game just to go around with the army cavalry and explore xD 

29 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

What I loved the most was having the most farms, cutting the most woods (I loved choosing the maps with the most woods... I had an obsession of forests finishing too early), getting 30 fish boats to use fish nets, and getting all the gold and stone, and having the biggest city of all xD so when it came to my army, I never had enough units because I had given birth to too many villagers :rofl: So I ended up converting enemy villagers and army troops to my own flag through the priests :rofl: Also, I loved to win by taking all the relics before anyone could even advance to the Castle age. 

Definitely always cheated with the map's exploration because I hated having black spots in the map and having to waste 10 minutes at the beginning of the game just to go around with the army cavalry and explore xD 

That wood obsession... I know the feeling :rofl:

And the fishing boats were so slow in the beginning and when you 'upgrade' they suddenly become speed boats...  :rofl:... wuahhh... how nostalgic :drinks:

I really hated the priests from the enemy, like no matter how big the army was, if I spotted a priest, he would be my first target (no offense to the church... :rofl:). And the villagers were quite useful as well for fighting in big numbers... LOL

4 hours ago, Puniyo said:

I'm a huge fan of old-school RPG games. I confess 3D graphics and such don't attract me much. I prefer a good storyline, with a lot of text inclusive. 

My favorite game of all times is, and will always be Final Fantasy VI. I think I've probably played and re-played it more than 5 times and I never get bored. The whole Final Fantasy saga is superb in my opinion and the music is like my life's soundtrack... haha! I like Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest

All the above for me, and then some. :thumbsup: FF VI was amazing.

I got into video game music first, when I kept hearing the Final Fantasy VII battle theme being played in the living room. It changed my life. Immersed myself in Japanese RPGs music, including playing on the piano, and after a while finally found the courage to try and start playing the actual games. Since then, I've played all Final Fantasy's except XI, because I don't think it was available on the PlayStation at the time, and I refused to play on the computer. Oh, and I never finished II.

Love the Chrono series, Dragon Quest, and my latest obsession is Kingdom Hearts, that is, I played the original I and II when they were released, and now I'm slowly trying to get the feeling of an action RPG back in my fingers by trying out the other games in the recent HD collections (Birth Before Sleep, Dream Drop Distance etc.).

Simply put, I suck at action RPGs. Which is also why FF XV is such a nightmare. Never mind that I'd rather see old-school anime-ish characters and environments than this realistic stuff.

1 minute ago, Winnie_20 said:

All the above for me, and then some. :thumbsup: FF VI was amazing.

I got into video game music first, when I kept hearing the Final Fantasy VII battle theme being played in the living room. It changed my life. Immersed myself in Japanese RPGs music, including playing on the piano, and after a while finally found the courage to try and start playing the actual games. Since then, I've played all Final Fantasy's except XI, because I don't think it was available on the PlayStation at the time, and I refused to play on the computer. Oh, and I never finished II.

Love the Chrono series, Dragon Quest, and my latest obsession is Kingdom Hearts, that is, I played the original I and II when they were released, and now I'm slowly trying to get the feeling of an action RPG back in my fingers by trying out the other games in the recent HD collections (Birth Before Sleep, Dream Drop Distance etc.).

Simply put, I suck at action RPGs. Which is also why FF XV is such a nightmare. Never mind that I'd rather see old-school anime-ish characters and environments than this realistic stuff.

You should!! I just finished both II and IV last month. I totally recommend it, although it took me a while to get used to the status/spells leveling instead of the usual by EXP.  

1 minute ago, Puniyo said:

You should!! I just finished both II and IV last month. I totally recommend it, although it took me a while to get used to the status/spells leveling instead of the usual by EXP.  

IV is lovely... and so difficult, ugh. I did a replay on iOS, and have been stuck at one spot for years now. :laughing:

I barely remember II, it's been a Very Long Time since I played it. One day I'll finish it. But there are so many other games that demand attention. I'm currently about halfway through World of Final Fantasy, deliciously old-school FF and chibi characters, so cute! And there are those Kingdom Hearts games, and FF XII HD will be released next month! That'll be brilliant!

I played Final Fantasy games from 7 to 13 (1 & 2) and I am currently playing Lightning Returns, and I want to play the earlier games if I have time in the future. I also love the Tales series but I only played Abyss, Symphonia, and Zestiria since the others are not released for PC yet. For old style games (2D) I love the Aveyond series and I played the first five games of it. 

Lately I have been playing lots of casual games like puzzles and marble shooting and the like because I am busy and looking for a quick distraction, I don't have enough time to play a game properly :shame:

I mainly like RPG games with good stories and interesting characters which is why I usually end up playing all the games I find from a series if I like one of the parts.