On 3/7/2018 at 4:48 AM, ClarissaH said:

So starting at the topic of recycled programs with my mother, I brought up LGC being brought back and Yuzu wearing a black pantsuit and we both agreed that that would look great. My father then said "what would look great?" having missed the conversation. At first I just said "nothing" because my father couldn't give a crap about figure skating. About 10 minutes later he then says "so nothing would look great?". I then just blurted "Yuzuru Hanyu in a black pantsuit with his hair slicked back" to which he said "Yazari Hando?"

:1::headdesk2::3:

Your dad qualifies for fs commentary and reporting! :biggrin: 

Black with red accents. We've been wanting that...

He always wears the prettiest costumes, I swear. I don't know if they all look so beautiful on him because of his looks, or if he just manages to wear costumes that fit him well. Or both. 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

He always wears the prettiest costumes, I swear. I don't know if they all look so beautiful on him because of his looks, or if he just manages to wear costumes that fit him well. Or both. 

I don't think it's his looks at all (though his graceful figure certainly helps) but his personality and, for lack of a better word, aura. They're so natural on him but would look absolutely ridiculous on most other male skaters because they don't have that special mix of masculine power and feminine grace. They match his spirit perfectly and I'm glad he's able to express himself so freely on the ice. That being said, he could skate in a potato sack and make it look cosmically beautiful. :P

1 hour ago, wingman said:

Cross-post this from General Chat since it really fits better here.

I was watching Yuzu's Asaichi interview, where they chatted about the blue bird on this R+J costume.

He seems to hint that it's his designer signature (but didn't reveal it). Wonder who that might be..?

Johnny Weir designed the costume but Yuzu had a lot of input. Johnny talks a bit about the process of designing the costume at the SC'2013 @ around 3:15.

"Yuzuru is very specific about how he wants it to look, the colours he wanted to use that would bring it the most luck; and this costume as much as it's my design, it's half Yuzuru's as well."

Spoiler

It was actually a yellow bird (I remember someone on tumblr zooming in on a pic of it - can't find it now). You can sort of see it underneath the armpit area in this pic. Whether or not the details are from Yuzu or Johnny would be anyone's guess (I feel like it's Yuzu's... ) because he sort of side-stepped the question. haha

saitama-japan-28th-mar-2014-yuzuru-hanyu

On 4 марта 2018 г. at 3:14 AM, robin said:

I know I am getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyx100 ahead of myself here but what if Yuzu really repeats LGC, what would the color of the new pantsuit be? I imagined black for a moment and guys... imagine him in an all black LGC pantsuit with his hair slicked back. Is all I'm saying.:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

This has been in my imagination for a while now and :smiley-sick030:  

We would not survive that, you know...

But I still do hope for darker costumes in the future  :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: 

13 hours ago, kaeryth said:

It was actually a yellow bird (I remember someone on tumblr zooming in on a pic of it - can't find it now). You can sort of see it underneath the armpit area in this pic. Whether or not the details are from Yuzu or Johnny would be anyone's guess (I feel like it's Yuzu's... ) because he sort of side-stepped the question. haha

Good point! Yeah I was thinking about that too - must be his. He sort of hinted it in his answers. I wonder if he continued "signing" his other costumes (maybe he hide them in more discrete places this time). Just imagine if one day his costumes get auctioned :omg:

3 hours ago, Smultron said:

This has been in my imagination for a while now and :smiley-sick030:  

We would not survive that, you know...

But I still do hope for darker costumes in the future  :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: 

Wait, black hair + black pants = PW already, no?

(Ok, the hair in PW wasn't as slick as LGC, but anyway).

I actually like him in white jeans + blue shirt (like that Asaichi interview). Suits him well.

7 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

Im kind of getting tired of recylced programs and he will be by now too. He has like max 4 seasons left and im sure he wnts to do a variety before retiring. He said he wnted to do jazz previously in an interview. Knw any jazz music? 

9 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

I think we can start by looking at what music shae and jeff like. They are the ones who recommend music to Yuzu mostly so.. 

Jeff does recommend music to Yuzu but Shae-Lynn didn't as far as I know, Yuzu himself chose phantom, seimei, and H&L. Though, I do want to know what kind of music she would choose for him since she has been working with him for awhile and knows his style and abilities best

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I've got a fun idea! How about someone proposes a theme or song for potential future programs, and we can try designing a Yuzu costume to match it? We could use photoshop or photo collages or hand draw. 

What do you guys think? 

It'll be a fun creative activity until next season rolls around :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: