I was watching a lagging stream with no sound at 4.30 this morning which I couldn't watch and read the comments here at the same time, so I didn't realise that it was the fabled VW costume until after I read all the comments here later - I genuinely thought it was a Nike t shirt as he was wearing a Nike jacket in the k&c - thought it was a bit casual for Nationals!

I think Nathan's loose shirt and curly hair went well together with the program & the music, but now I don't see any connection between the costume and the  program, on the contrary, it's distracting. :shrug:

I have the feeling as if Very Wang had no idea what kind of costume fits for that program (and for figure skating competitions in general), and designed something which is her style. I had the same problem with Lysacek's costumes back then.

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I have the feeling as if Very Wang had no idea what kind of costume fits for that program (and for figure skating competitions in general), and designed something which is her style. I had the same problem with Lysacek's costumes back then.

Yep... I mean this was Evan's costume to his Firebird SP (at least she threw in some feathers?)

Edit: LINK because the photo doesn't show up :68811363:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Lets tweet johnny weir to design yuzus next costume cuz the last 3 ones were fabulous

To clarify, the last costume Johnny Weir designed for Yuzu was the Sochi LP (R&J 2.0) costume, also known as the boobskirt costume. Many of his recent ones, including the Seimei and Notte Stellata costumes, were from Satomi Ito. You can read it up here:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/166967273964/the-birth-of-a-costume-hanyu-is-the-designer-i