8 minutes ago, obscurite said:

The NHK one is another favorite :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Maybe an unpopular opinion but I prefer Requiem to Notte Stellata. 

For me there's no comparison. Requiem is superior in every way.  

This one is so lovely. I really love Japan Nationals, as well. Heck, I love them all. I wonder if I'd love Skate Canada and Worlds but the cameramen decided we didn't need to see his hands. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, obscurite said:

This honestly made me astral project to the 7th dimension

Love this too :smiley-love017: I have this downloaded on my phone and is one of the things I watch it whenever I need a pick-me-up. 

4 hours ago, obscurite said:

The NHK one is another favorite :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Maybe an unpopular opinion but I prefer Requiem to Notte Stellata. 

I prefer Requiem too. There's something about the thrill of those piano notes that is just beautiful, coupled with Yuzu's emotional skating. It's both gentle and strong at the same time. 

35 minutes ago, katonice said:

I prefer Requiem too. There's something about the thrill of those piano notes that is just beautiful, coupled with Yuzu's emotional skating. It's both gentle and strong at the same time. 

Absolutely. When I first saw it I could feel the genuine emotion of someone who had witnessed something terribly catastrophic and though I knew about Yuzu, I thought it must have been choreographed by someone who understands those experiences, too. I didn't just see sadness and dispair in that program but anger and denial, too. 

Sure enough when I looked it up I found Miyamoto had some experience with the Kobe earthquake, though I wish I knew more.

I'm far away in another country but I followed every minute of that disaster and nuclear catastrophe every day for years and years and it completely changed me and my view of the world. I remember going through all those emotions myself and I can't imagine how intense it must feel up close. 

I'd like to be clearer but I'm battling with a very broken phone that wants to type words I'm not typing.

The title alone is so devastating.

16 hours ago, obscurite said:

Oh wow... I just noticed a moment in this performance I had never noticed before... at 1:46, when he finishes his second spin, he looks around in a frantic way, then closes his eyes and covers the sight with his hands and arms, skating forward... it cluched my heart when I noticed it. So genuine. Who knows how Yuzuru must have felt like, amogst that horror that was the Earthquake and tsunami. But it's always there, ready to surface, and somehow I believe that skating to it is a way for Yuzuru to defeat that fear, by creating something beautiful, which him and everyone else can breathe in and enjoy. Skating has become Yuzuru's ultimate weapon to fight with those ghosts that always haunt him. Maybe that's why it seems like he is motivated in a different way than most. Well, he is. He is always going to be different. 

*goes back to sobbing in a corner*

22 hours ago, obscurite said:

I love Requiem and Notte Stellata but in different ways.
I love Requiem is a program with so many feelings and that arouses so many feelings in other people including me, my heart gets tight watching this performance. But I could never call it "my favorite," because I feel this program matched the end of that season and it's not an end I like. Notte Stellata is a beautiful program with less emotional intensity for me and I do not mind rewatch several times, I love this program. With Requiem I try not to rewatch as much, I can not disassociate this program with World 2016. Are two programs with special places in my heart and I can not choose a favorite.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:47 PM, SparkleSalad said:

Absolutely. When I first saw it I could feel the genuine emotion of someone who had witnessed something terribly catastrophic and though I knew about Yuzu, I thought it must have been choreographed by someone who understands those experiences, too. I didn't just see sadness and dispair in that program but anger and denial, too. 

Sure enough when I looked it up I found Miyamoto had some experience with the Kobe earthquake, though I wish I knew more.

I'm far away in another country but I followed every minute of that disaster and nuclear catastrophe every day for years and years and it completely changed me and my view of the world. I remember going through all those emotions myself and I can't imagine how intense it must feel up close. 

I'd like to be clearer but I'm battling with a very broken phone that wants to type words I'm not typing.

The title alone is so devastating.

Yes, the title itself, it sort of already rips at your heart.

11 minutes ago, Floria said:

There was so much talk about 3A recently that I decided to collect the SP ones from the last season.

Enjoy!

Thank you for this amazing video 

I just don't understand why Yuzu didn't get +3Goe for the 4cc , clearly he's hitting those required bullets , I'm very salty about that 

his 3A is so out-of-this-world amazing

hace 2 minutos , ruruzest said:

Thank you for this amazing video 

I just don't understand why Yuzu didn't get +3Goe for the 4cc , clearly he's hitting those required bullets , I'm very salty about that 

his 3A is so out-of-this-world amazing

I think he got +3 at 4cc. I checked protocols when editing the video. But it's a shame he didn't get the same at Worlds.