Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

I was writing a grumpy post on the general thread explaining my experience of personality tests and why I think they are useless and superficially trying to separate humans into categories whearas we are naturally not, but then I changed my mind. I'm too sick and weak and my brain is too tired to properly construct something logical. 

Also, being with a fever for three days, I am actually amazed that Yuzuru even tried to compete at NHK. Unfortunately, it's basically impossible to heal from a fever in just one day. He probably was in baaaaaad condition during that first and last practice he went to. I mean, doing quads with that heavy head and weak body you get from fever? Noooo no. 

28 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I was writing a grumpy post on the general thread explaining my experience of personality tests and why I think they are useless and superficially trying to separate humans into categories whearas we are naturally not, but then I changed my mind. I'm too sick and weak and my brain is too tired to properly construct something logical. 

Also, being with a fever for three days, I am actually amazed that Yuzuru even tried to compete at NHK. Unfortunately, it's basically impossible to heal from a fever in just one day. He probably was in baaaaaad condition during that first and last practice he went to. I mean, doing quads with that heavy head and weak body you get from fever? Noooo no. 

Get well soon! 

I hope Yuzu has learned his lesson :13877886:

gaaahhh, I wonder how he is doing... no news, no news at all... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: 

21 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yeah, I want to smack him for that too. When you get a chance to smack him for that decision, ping me. I have a very nice copy of Black's Law dictionary to use. Please get well soon Murieleirum!

As for the personality tests and MBTI in particular- you don't have to write it. There are plenty of forums where posters debate back and forth about its validity. Just find one you agree with and go from there. =) Personally, I'm more of "if you use it to understand people better it's fine" but using it to systemically categorize and dismiss/confirm people is a different issue. Frankly, as one of the more analytical types that usually do not want to socialize *period* it's actually pushed me to think more about how to interact with people, since now I will think "maybe it's because I'm not processing information the same way, I'm not communicating enough"  rather than outright ignore people. It's given me a framework to start looking at this puzzle called "humans who disagree with me". Otherwise I'd chalk everything up to "takes too much effort/too inefficient" and just bulldoze/steamroll all opposition. 

Speaking of which, do you think we should compose lyrics for the memelord's bday? I'm trying to think of a good musical tune.

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

my belly fat refuses to leave :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: so does the fat on my cheeks. It makes me look very very fat when i'm not :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: i'm just 4kg overweight...

Same....I have belly fat no matter how skinny I get. Even back when I was doing sports 20 hrs/week in high school, and was pretty borderline on the BMI scale, I still had a small tummy going on. I also have chubby cheeks...which is actually a good thing-it makes us look a lot younger than our actual age. You'll be thankful for them when you are older. =)

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Yeah, I want to smack him for that too. When you get a chance to smack him for that decision, ping me. I have a very nice copy of Black's Law dictionary to use. Please get well soon Murieleirum!

As for the personality tests and MBTI in particular- you don't have to write it. There are plenty of forums where posters debate back and forth about its validity. Just find one you agree with and go from there. =) Personally, I'm more of "if you use it to understand people better it's fine" but using it to systemically categorize and dismiss/confirm people is a different issue. Frankly, as one of the more analytical types that usually do not want to socialize *period* it's actually pushed me to think more about how to interact with people, since now I will think "maybe it's because I'm not processing information the same way, I'm not communicating enough"  rather than outright ignore people. It's given me a framework to start looking at this puzzle called "humans who disagree with me". Otherwise I'd chalk everything up to "takes too much effort/too inefficient" and just bulldoze/steamroll all opposition. 

Speaking of which, do you think we should compose lyrics for the memelord's bday? I'm trying to think of a good musical tune.

Same....I have belly fat no matter how skinny I get. Even back when I was doing sports 20 hrs/week in high school, and was pretty borderline on the BMI scale, I still had a small tummy going on. I also have chubby cheeks...which is actually a good thing-it makes us look a lot younger than our actual age. You'll be thankful for them when you are older. =)

I was the opposite, I'm considered underweight even though I clearly am not :shrug:

Today I went swimming for the last time and finally I experienced how does it feel like to swim while snowing. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  It was my first time, and I enjoyed it a lot! It was much better than swimming during rain which I found more annoying somehow. Snowflakes were big and powdery, and because I always swim backstroke, the snow was falling on my face. :laughing: Today there were huge waves too which I don't like in outdoor pools because then I have to use more energy which then makes me more tired. But it was nice anyway just more exhausting than usually. It was my last time because it's already to cold to swim outside (2x a week) but I can't wait for going again-probably only from March/April...

On 4/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, Xen said:

Thank u my friend. My fever is down, but my flu is so strong that I actually have a rash all over my nose for how often I have to blow it, and it burnnnssssss. I also feel disgusting because of this (my voice is like two octaves down... I sound like Yuzuru when he's speaking English or something LOL). 

Also, I am team chubby cheeks. People love chubby cheeks, guys. Don't worry, we are the luckiest ones who look 20 when we are actually 40. Also, having a cute face helps when your character actually resembles Satan. It... helps people accept it. 

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Thank u my friend. My fever is down, but my flu is so strong that I actually have a rash all over my nose for how often I have to blow it, and it burnnnssssss. I also feel disgusting because of this (my voice is like two octaves down... I sound like Yuzuru when he's speaking English or something LOL).

Flu is bad, get better soon :13877886:

Damn, did you guys wish so much that you could give some of your health to Yuzu that you actually did it?! I hope you feel better soon and that Yuzu used the strength well

Yeah, jumping quads with a fever... Getting out of bed to clean up the piles of used tissue seems like an impossible task when I've got a fever. Jumping quads...

I want our alternate GPF.