Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Our organisation's network system asks you to change password every xx days and I have set my new password "4Nessie+GOE".

It will ask me again in xx days time so I will have to come up with new one then. I'm thinking few of them...like "4FlippingHell" or "4LutzOMG!". I can go on like "Yuzu2OGM+" or "YuzuGOAT++" or anything with our extra boy :D Possibilities are endless!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love my children but there’s a certain pleasure in reclaiming the house when everyone goes back to work/uni etc - emptying all the shoes from the hall to various bedrooms, banishing the blender that has been cluttering up the worktop and was used for about 2days in 6 weeks to make smoothies  to the utility room, knowing that a clean up will last a few days.....

I stopped actively enjoying shopping when I was about 25 - started to hate it when I was around 30.  But of all kinds of shopping the one I loathe with all my heart is car shopping.  The family car died.  We know nothing about cars beyond the size, price and colours we are willing to accept.  It’s a time gobbling minefield and I hate it soo much.......

On 9/8/2019 at 10:36 PM, Sombreuil said:

I stopped actively enjoying shopping when I was about 25 - started to hate it when I was around 30.  But of all kinds of shopping the one I loathe with all my heart is car shopping.  The family car died.  We know nothing about cars beyond the size, price and colours we are willing to accept.  It’s a time gobbling minefield and I hate it soo much.......

That's dreadful, it's not the kind of shopping you can put off till later, either, what a pity! 

I desperately need to bake to soothe my nerves but the grocery delivery service very happily just scratched flour out from my shopping list, so now the tool shelves have been cleaned and reorganised, and so have all the kitchen cupboards and cabinets, and now I'm tired and all I want is to eat banana bread but I didn't bake any banana bread so I have none. :/ 

Rugby World Cup is giving me space to watch ice skating but also gives Japanese audiences a good look at extra scrutiny, cameras etc.  Would be great if JSF could take that plus the new tech used last year on their own rinks at WC and run with it .

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to purchase the new Yuzu seasons calendars (not only for me but also for a friend) and my credit card was blocked by Amazon JP., I have no idea why. And after my bank finally unblocked it and promised me it'd work from now on, Amazon JP blocked it again today. :243: I won't give it up though and will probably buy it on CD Japan if my card is OK again, but it will take more time and it seems I won't get the calendar in October :sadPooh:

Adam Rippon just gave a talk at my firm! Why on earth he's speaking about his book at an investment bank, I have no idea. But hey, it was a nice break from work, and it's the only time I've seen him in person. So that was fun! He didn't talk about anything particularly substantial, or that I didn't know from being in the figure skating fandom, but he was pretty funny. I guess the most interesting bit was when he talked about the team event at the Olympics. He said that when Nathan bombed his SP, he looked at Mirai and they both thought "Oh shit, we might not medal anymore." And he really tried his best in the free because he figured that if he didn't, no one was going to take him seriously, ever. Because he knew no one had really been waiting for that "almost 30 year old" to come save the day, especially given that his team was made up of teenagers. I guess he has a point :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

And it really seems like he's not going to be very involved with skating anytime soon, but he says sometimes when he visits the rink he'll help with choreography and stuff like that.

Unfortunately it's back to work for me now, so less fun...

I think I'm finally at the point that I'm checked out from FS if it's not about Yuzu. I haven't been watching competitions much or really at all at this point, I couldn't even bring myself to watch Kaori's or Waka's skates even though I love them because of the context of SkAm being so depressing...

Congratulations, ISU, I guess :knc_brian3:

On 10/21/2019 at 7:27 PM, axelnojutsu said:

I think I'm finally at the point that I'm checked out from FS if it's not about Yuzu. I haven't been watching competitions much or really at all at this point, I couldn't even bring myself to watch Kaori's or Waka's skates even though I love them because of the context of SkAm being so depressing...

Congratulations, ISU, I guess :knc_brian3:

I understand you feelings, it is just really frustrating to see the direction this sport is going to. I also feel more frustrated than happy when I watch skating these days. I still feel it'd be hard to give up on the sport that I've been following for so long and I like so much, but I sometimes feel this will come sooner than I think.

I hope, though that seeing Yuzu at SC will cheer you up :grouphug: Watching him skating always make me happy and calm and I can't wait to support him and cheer for him in a few days.