General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, LAY said:

If Yuzu's wife is the rumoured violinist,

Yuzu straight up said in the announcement that she was an ordinary person, a civilian. Not a performer. Not the violinist.

And sentences like this drive the kind of speculation that brings the tabloids to Yuzu's door. Please refrain.

I just watched Re_Pray on my beyondlive archive ticket with my gorgeous 21 year old - they said at the end that instead of replacing the L with an R in re_pRay, he could have replaced the P with an S as he totally Re_SLAYED!! :winner:

8 hours ago, CashmereKitty said:

I feel helpless, there is nothing I can do, I’m not even able to find comforting words to say to Yuzu. One thing is certain, I can only join the message of Italian fan group and say that I confirm my unconditional support and affection and hope to finally see Yuzu happy. 

That feeling of inability to do anything is the worst. I wish there was a way to use our anger for a positive change or anything good. There are so many of us, but not being even able to speak Japanese is so limiting. I wish we could protest to change the law or start a public debate about this, anything. Ignoring this type of content, not clicking the links, it all feels like not enough...

I keep thinking about Princess Diana when she cried to the reporters that were following her: "You make my life hell!" It's been 26 years since she died after being chased by paparazzi and it feels like nothing has changed. How is it still legal to ruin people's lives like this, I don't understand. The harassment must stop, it's been going on for too long.

43 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I just watched Re_Pray on my beyondlive archive ticket with my gorgeous 21 year old - they said at the end that instead of replacing the L with an R in re_pRay, he could have replaced the P with an S as he totally Re_SLAYED!! :winner:

this is honestly so cute and wholesome 😭 i wish my family would watch re_pray with me too :(

but i just wanted to say that i had the EXACT same thought when re_pray was announced :)

very slayful yuzuru <3

1 hour ago, Alicja said:

That feeling of inability to do anything is the worst. I wish there was a way to use our anger for a positive change or anything good. There are so many of us, but not being even able to speak Japanese is so limiting. I wish we could protest to change the law or start a public debate about this, anything. Ignoring this type of content, not clicking the links, it all feels like not enough...

I keep thinking about Princess Diana when she cried to the reporters that were following her: "You make my life hell!" It's been 26 years since she died after being chased by paparazzi and it feels like nothing has changed. How is it still legal to ruin people's lives like this, I don't understand. The harassment must stop, it's been going on for too long.

the feeling that you can't do anything to help really is the worst :( but there actually is a lot that we can do, even without speaking the language!

at this point, if we have to converse in japanese with people, the technology in AI translators have become so advanced that they'll definitely get what we're trying to say :)

but i was thinking, seeing as we have such a strong twitter fanbase, we could try to trend a hashtag to spread awareness? i know it's helped a little bit in the past with similar situations. it might not sound like much but it's definitely a first step in getting other people/fandoms to sympathize and being able to carry out a bigger action. especially with other fandoms that have had to deal with their idols being stalked and harassed (e.g. army, stay, literally most of the kpop fandoms out there-- seeing as yuzu is an army as well, there will definitely be at least a few hundred thousand if not millions of army who will support him (and there are army here on planet hanyu, too!), and i've already found a few on a different and smaller platform that twitter already (as i'm not a twitter user) :))

we could also start a petition of sorts online maybe (like change.org)? i'm not really sure how that works 😭 but maybe someone more experienced can help?

and about changing the law, it's definitely doable if we get enough people involved :) after a lot of complaining from fans, south korea changed their sasaeng punishment in 2021 from just a small fine to more severe ways of punishing, and it's helped so many idols in the past few years :) and i researched a bit, and apparently japan recently had an incident between and idol and a stalker which ended up really badly, causing a change in the law. so if we try, there's a possibility we could change a lot :)

the boycotts definitely help though-- if the tabloids don't get engagement from these types of posts, they'll stop trying and concentrate their efforts somewhere else given time :)

Very sad for Yuzu. I thought he finally had all he could wish for... and with his pro career he would have even more success and happiness, especially with a new wife to support him. How devastating for him to realize that all the things he worked so hard to achieve in life have made having a normal marriage impossible because he's catnip for tabloids.

Unfortunately, in this day and age it is impossible to remain private... especially if you say you want to be private. That's like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Maybe in hindsight they should have released photos on their own terms, like some celebrities do, in order to lower demand for pap pictures and control the narrative... but, I'm not in Japan so I can't know if that approach would work there. Yes, i realize that is 180 degrees out of character for him...and, No, you should not have to do this... but this is his current reality... and his actual approach did not work. 

I hope they can somehow figure something out so that they can be together. I'd hate for him to feel that his life, popularity, and work make any personal goal impossible. For many of us regular folks, our jobs are just jobs so it would be easy for us to give up our jobs to save the marriage... this is not the case for yuzu.   It's noble that he wants to release her for her happiness, but it should not come to that. 

5 hours ago, yanjun said:

but i was thinking, seeing as we have such a strong twitter fanbase, we could try to trend a hashtag to spread awareness? i know it's helped a little bit in the past with similar situations. it might not sound like much but it's definitely a first step in getting other people/fandoms to sympathize and being able to carry out a bigger action. especially with other fandoms that have had to deal with their idols being stalked and harassed (e.g. army, stay, literally most of the kpop fandoms out there-- seeing as yuzu is an army as well, there will definitely be at least a few hundred thousand if not millions of army who will support him (and there are army here on planet hanyu, too!), and i've already found a few on a different and smaller platform that twitter already (as i'm not a twitter user) :))

The jfanyus have been using this hashtag #メディアハラスメント (media harassment) for posts on this matter. We ifanyus can use the same, adding in English tag too #MediaHarassment

For support messages, we are already trending these: 

#羽生結弦の幸せを祈る

#PrayForYuzuHappiness

45 minutes ago, yuzurujenn said:

The jfanyus have been using this hashtag #メディアハラスメント (media harassment) for posts on this matter. We ifanyus can use the same, adding in English tag too #MediaHarassment

For support messages, we are already trending these: 

#羽生結弦の幸せを祈る

#PrayForYuzuHappiness

This is a good idea to bring the issue to the forefront

I checked back in the thread, but it doesn't seem like the Olympics.com article about Yuzuru's announcement has been shared on the forum. Marika and other native Japanese speakers on Twitter have mentioned that their translation of the announcement was fairly accurate, and I think this is probably the best we'll get from a non-fan source.

Here it is:

https://olympics.com/en/news/figure-skating-japan-olympic-champion-hanyu-yuzuru-announces-divorce-partner

Additional note from Marika:

I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is a lot of misinformation going on right now about the reason for the divorce.

Yuzuru clearly mentions that media outlets and their intrusion in the couple's lives as the perpetrators in his written announcement, but various news media websites in Japan are "conveniently" leaving the media part out in their headlines when reporting the story, giving the impression that the slander, stalking, etc. was done by overzealous fans. Many people just read the news headlines and believe what's written. The general public and people who aren't fans of Yuzuru or follow his pro career probably won't read his actual statement :sleep: (even if they understand Japanese). Yuzuru's message is being manipulated and the blame is being shifted from the media to his fans.

Marika also commented on this:

It's been asked here what we (as fans, and mainly international fans) can do for Yuzuru at this time. Correcting misinformation about his divorce is one thing we can do, so that the truth is at least known.

If you encounter people, either in real life or online, who have the wrong impression, then you can share the Olympics.com article with them. There are some English-speaking fans already doing this on Twitter, but I'm sure misinformation is also on other sites like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc. and other fan spaces.

Of course, engaging with strangers online takes some mental energy that not everyone can spare. And we can try to interact politely but it's inevitable that some people won't listen (e.g. you might get blocked by the user, they may argue with you, etc.).

Sorry, I wrote a lot and it might not all make sense but I'm still quite sad about Yuzuru's situation...trying to feel a bit useful :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
9 hours ago, yanjun said:

we could also start a petition of sorts online maybe (like change.org)? i'm not really sure how that works 😭 but maybe someone more experienced can help?

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Back then PH had a task force when we try to campaign to ISU (just before Yuzu went pro). Perhaps the task force could be revived again? 

15 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu straight up said in the announcement that she was an ordinary person, a civilian. Not a performer. Not the violinist.

And sentences like this drive the kind of speculation that brings the tabloids to Yuzu's door. Please refrain.

I suppose if a retired violinist (not a performer anymore!) can also be called a civilian/ordinary individual since she is retired. I also used 'rumoured' because they are so many speculations about who was his real ex wife 🤔 (and I only quoted rumoured). I am not sure which one either. We all want Yuzu to be happy both for his skating career and relationship. Time will heal everything and he has all his fans support no matter what decision he has made.

I am a retired orthodontist who has not been practising for few years now. I consider myself a civilian, just an ordinary individual who is not legal to treat patients because I don't have a practising certificate. 

Hope Yuzu can overcome all the obstacles and take good care of himself🙏