General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Kizuna said:

I agree. But I have the impression that Yuzu does not want to cause trouble for others, more so than for himself and so, would only speak out if it involves others due to him.

Since the marriage announcement, I have always thought that being his partner must be an incredibly difficult task that not many people can bear to endure. As I thought, this partner must either remain anonymous and not tell anyone about who she married, or she must stay at home all the time. Even staying at home, she would not get to spend much time with Yuzu as he has a nocturnal time schedule due to having to skate at midnight, or he has a dozen other commitments to take care of.

As such, I wish people would have respected them and their privacy. It is not an easy relationship.

And I have no doubt that once they saw these conditions and thought about how it might be in future, were they to have kids, it was simply unbearable to think about.

Why do some people (stalkers, paparazzi) think that they have a right to the details of another's life? I don't even ask my colleague of 23 years how his wife is for fear of prying too much, for crying out loud...

I just saw this devastating news. I'm utterly shocked. I'm angry and disgusted at these people who don't have any shred of basic human decency and disrespected Yuzu and his loved ones so much! WTF!!! They even stalked and harassed them! WTF!!! Why the f****** hell can't these people just leave him alone? Why can't they accept and respect his right to privacy?

It's so unfair and sad that someone who has given so much of himself, this wonderful soul who has given the world so much, wasn't given the chance of living his own private life in happiness and peace. This situation must've been unbearable that he felt the need to take this drastic step. I can't even imagine how he managed to pull off all these ice shows and public appearances while all these terrible things were going on behind the scenes. I can't imagine how difficult it must've been for him.

Yuzu has brought so much hope, light, joy, beauty, wonder, and excitement into my life. He was the light of hope for me during the most difficult times in my life. During the past ten or so years, I basically fell from one low into another and life was a constant struggle. The last few years were extremely difficult for my family and me. During these dark days, Yuzu was one of the very few who gave me hope and showed me that there is still love, light, and hope in this world.

I only wish him the very, very best things in life. He deserves the very, very best. I hope that he will manage to heal his heart and soul and find the greatest happiness. And I hope he takes good care of himself and his mental, emotional, and physical health.

Amidst all the emotions I'm feeling though, I do have one question: didn't Yuzu engage a PR/management firm way back when he first turned professional? Is there no one there who could help him and his wife to navigate this situation so that they don't have to break up just from being stalked by the media? He's not the first famous person who's had to deal with this issue, surely there's someone who could help him with it?

Unless it's been tried, and failed, which would suck even more.

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

too late, if it does

yes, it is too late, the damage has already been done :(

but honestly though seeing the behavior of stalker fans and delulus, i don't think mere newspaper articles will make fans change their behavior-- once someone has this kind of mindset, they don't really know when to stop... honestly even legal actions can't stop a lot of them. yuzuru has a lot of fans, so there will definitely be at least a handful who still won't stop even after being called out :( and there are definitely a few who think that they "own" yuzu (sasaengs), which is complete bullsh*t btw, he's his own human with his own rights.

it's really sad and unacceptable behavior, and when they try to satisfy their own needs and wants, they end up hurting yuzu in unimaginable ways, like now :( but there really isn't a lot that can change their behavior. we can just try our best as fans to make sure that he's protected and encourage as much punishment on the people who invade his privacy as possible <3

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Amidst all the emotions I'm feeling though, I do have one question: didn't Yuzu engage a PR/management firm way back when he first turned professional? Is there no one there who could help him and his wife to navigate this situation so that they don't have to break up just from being stalked by the media? He's not the first famous person who's had to deal with this issue, surely there's someone who could help him with it?

Unless it's been tried, and failed, which would suck even more.

My understanding is that while Yuzuru has a legal team (Team Sirius) to assist him in his career where required, he is not under any PR agency or management company. He's basically self-managed. There are pros and cons to this.

I’m absolutely gutted. After all he has suffered and sacrificed, and all the beauty he has brought to the world, it seemed that he was finally finding some solace and happiness. I knew it would be hard for them, but I never imagined it would be so ghastly that they would be driven to this. 

This is, literally, a crime. May those responsible pay the price. 

ETA: At this moment, I wish he would quit skating and go somewhere where he and his partner can live in peace. The pain of seeing him suffer like this feels worse than the pain of losing the joy his performances bring. I know not every fanyu will feel that way, but, for today, I do.

On 10/13/2023 at 3:02 AM, nekodearu said:

Yuzuru hasn't said anything and probably won't, and there is a good reason for that. If the couple wanted to reveal the wife's identity, they would have done so already. They haven't, and that should be respected. 

That should be enough for an answer, but I think it is worth making a few more general comments. As for the spread of this particular gossip, from what I can tell the source is the same tabloids that keep trying to convince the public that they have found out who she is, dropping one name after another. The mere fact that this time their "candidate" got more traction and the gossip was picked up by some more trustworthy looking media does not mean she is the one. Gossip repeated a million times may start to look like fact, but it is not the same as being fact. Truth is not a matter of how many people believe something or how many people claim it to be true. As long as Yuzuru remains silent, there is no way for the public to really know. But most importantly, even if she was the wife, naming her publicly is a violation of the boundaries Yuzuru established, and as such it is an aggressive act. Being curious is one thing, doing something against someone's will is another. It is also potentially dangerous for her - whether she is the wife or not - and opens the door to further prying and harassment of her and Yuzuru by the same media. Once the tabloids have a name that the public is willing to believe, they can build on it whatever narrative suits their interests. And let's not be naive, their interests have nothing to do with Yuzu's welfare. On the contrary, there are too many people in Japan and around the world who are interested in hurting him.

In the age of the Internet and social media, it's impossible not to come across this kind of "news" from time to time, but my opinion is that if we don't want to become involved, even unconsciously, in any kind of hostile campaign against Yuzuru, it's better not to engage with this kind of content, no matter how nice and harmless it may seem at first glance.

Sorry for quoting myself, but this is exactly what I was talking about.

We don't have Salt Mines on PH anymore, so it wasn't shared here, but reportedly there were a lot of things going on in Japan since he announced his marriage, and it looked to some fans like it was at least partly an organised effort against him, with a notable role of some tabloids, which I was told are owned by Nikkan, the same one that had leaked the info about his retirement before his press conference, and as a result has been boycotted by JFanyus and seen a severe drop in sales. I don't know these things first hand and I've never read the articles myself (firstly, I wasn't interested in gossip, secondly, I didn't want to give the tabloids any clicks, because to get any kind of engagement was exactly the reason why they continued to stalk and harass him, his wife, their families and friends), so I'm not the best person to talk about it, but even the little that reached my ears sounded awful. My understanding is that these tabloids created a kind of echo chamber that amplified the message and made many people believe and parrot what was published. So please don't think he got divorced because of a few crazy fans wandering around his house. I'm not saying he didn't suffer from his fans, or rather people who used to be his fans, but apparently there's some big money and interests involved. This is probably why he felt hopeless: it seems there was nothing he could do about it, because his main enemies, who started and fueled the whole thing, were just too powerful.

It's so easy to destroy someone's life. I'm so sad and angry. So f*cking angry.

59 minutes ago, SomewhereYuzu said:

My understanding is that while Yuzuru has a legal team (Team Sirius) to assist him in his career where required, he is not under any PR agency or management company. He's basically self-managed. There are pros and cons to this.

Ah, that was my mistake then. I thought Team Sirius was kind of a celebrity management/PR agency

36 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

We don't have Salt Mines on PH anymore, so it wasn't shared here, but reportedly there were a lot of things going on in Japan since he announced his marriage, and it looked to some fans like it was at least partly an organised effort against him, with a notable role of some tabloids, which I was told are owned by Nikkan, the same one that had leaked the info about his retirement before his press conference, and as a result has been boycotted by JFanyus and seen a severe drop in sales. I don't know these things first hand and I've never read the articles myself (firstly, I wasn't interested in gossip, secondly, I didn't want to give the tabloids any clicks, because to get any kind of engagement was exactly the reason why they continued to stalk and harass him, his wife, their families and friends), so I'm not the best person to talk about it, but even the little that reached my ears sounded awful. My understanding is that these tabloids created a kind of echo chamber that amplified the message and made many people believe and parrot what was published. So please don't think he got divorced because of a few crazy fans wandering around his house. I'm not saying he didn't suffer from his fans, or rather people who used to be his fans, but apparently there's some big money and interests involved. This is probably why he felt hopeless: it seems there was nothing he could do about it, because his main enemies, who started and fueled the whole thing, were just too powerful.

wow i had no idea it was that serious... i feel so bad for him 😭 that's a really sh*tty position to be in and i can't even imagine how stressful it must have been and must be :(

33 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

What the h*ll?! 

Not going to lie, now I hope that the wrath of JFanyus falls so heavily upon that particular company that they're forced out of business for good.