General Yuzuru Chat

Honestly I know it's impossible and maybe I'm being extreme but I hope with all my heart that every reporter/paparazzi who has harrassed him or his wife loses their job.

I don't even care that it's their job and it pays the bills if there's no basic humanity and decency left. Get another job that don't involve ruining people's lives.

2 minutes ago, ChocoFanyu said:

I thought this as well. Yuzuru is such a huge celebrity right now I think he might have to move to Canada or something. I hate the idea of him leaving his family (mom, dad and sister) behind but... the media really is relentless. 😰

oh canada might be good, he'll definitely get a lot of respect and privacy there and there will still be good memories from past competitions and training there so he won't have to start from scratch :)

21 minutes ago, yanjun said:

oh canada might be good, he'll definitely get a lot of respect and privacy there and there will still be good memories from past competitions and training there so he won't have to start from scratch :)

I doubt he will ever leave Sendai, he didn't even when in lockdown he had to train alone.

6 minutes ago, nagini said:

I can’t ever understand the people who do this. They are worse than Sh**. 
I really hope they don’t actually divorce but move to another country for a while so this Sh*** of beings to calm down and stop harassing his loved ones.  

They can well harass him anywhere, that’s the problem. 

40 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I doubt he will ever leave Sendai, he didn't even when in lockdown he had to train alone.

i agree sm and that's a really good point!

i've already stated my thoughts on the situation previously:

(copied and pasted cause it's kinda hard to upload a screenshot here 😭)

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Perhaps it might be a good idea for Yuzu to leave the country, at least for as long as he is still such a huge celebrity. I know he loves Sendai and Japan and it was difficult for him to live abroad for years. But I think he'll have a much better chance to live a normal and peaceful life when he moves to a different country for a while. Maybe his spouse would be willing to leave with him. Then, they could live a happy life in peace somewhere else. And they could still return to Japan when Yuzu decides to retire from skating for good.

i think it might be a good idea if it gets to that level... but for now i don't think we should interfere with his private life so much, seeing as it is his personal decision. as japan/sendai and skating (and earphones!) are his biggest treasures, him giving one up might be too harsh. as his fans, it might be better to show support and protect him as a first step, seeing as many of us didn't know about the severity of his predicament until his announcement earlier. legal proceedings and help from other fandoms might be good?

there's also the factor of his public image. as japan's champion, there's no doubt that he will always have hundreds of thousands of fans just in japan (and internationally, seeing his well-earned success), however, some fans might take him moving out of the country the wrong way?

it all comes down to his personal decision though, as none of us know him personally, his feelings might be completely different than how we perceive him to be on media sites. if he does take the step to leave the country or to step away from the public for a second though, our number 1 priority as fans should be to make sure that he knows he has our full support and to support his decision.

i really wish this whole situation hadn't happened in the first place :( he deserves to be happy so much

I haven't cried in a long time (despite having many reasons to do so in real life) - but reading this now I'm actually sobbing.

My heart breaks for Yuzu and his spouse. I'm hoping against hope that they may yet find some solution to be able to be together.

And though I'm generally not a vindictive person, in this case I can't help but wish all the misfortune and wreck on those who are the cause of this tragic situation.

May Yuzu and all his family (and his spouse) find peace and happiness.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

They can well harass him anywhere, that’s the problem. 

Less so if they are outside of Japan as less people know him. Much like Kim Yuna & one of the reasons why she trained in Canada -she could live like a normal person & not be harassed with people constantly wanting to take photo of her 

Hi dear satellites, I've passed the shocked and sad phase, now thinking it positively: Yuzu and his spouse still love each other, so they can still stay in the relationship after legally divorced and living separately. What makes his spouse's life easier, is that she can change her family name back. Imagining in the last 3 months, her credit card statements, monthly phone bills arrive in the mail box as Hanyu XXXX, or just personal mails, and maybe there were paparazzi around the mailbox everyday. And how about online shopping? Will her identity leak? How about hospital visits, dental appointments...I can't imagine living a life like this, not to mention she can't leave the apartment. After legally divorced, she can live her life, do what she likes and, still messaging or video chatting with Yuzu any time. Yuzu still has his loved one on his side, although now from remote. Maybe this is the compromised life style they figured out together.

I know they could have lived together happily, so that's very sad and the paparazzi is not forgivable. 

Whilst the idea of Yuzu residing outside of Japan might be unpalatable and a final resort, it may be a practical solution even if temporary. There are many places which would offer some kind of anonymity and thus allow Yuzu to have some privacy. 

Sorry to speak with levity during this difficult time. However, I would gladly offer Yuzu a place of refuge at my house. My youngsters are grown up, one living and working in another city and one at university. Yuzu can stay as long as he likes, the bedrooms have their own bathrooms and my house does not even appear on some SatNav apps, (under a concealment spell). There is an ice rink 30-40 minutes drive from my house and it is barely used on a weekday morning, maybe 5-6 people skating.

FS is not terribly popular in UK so it would be doubtful if the average passerby would recognise Yuzu and certainly in the towns and cities around London there are enough residents, including myself, of East Asian descent that Yuzu would not stand out. 

Apologies, this is written with good intention, because each and every fan would do anything in their power to help Yuzu. If I could I would open my house to him if it would be of any help

edit: I only write this because like most other people, I'm feeling helpless and at a loss as to know how to let Yuzu know how much we fans care about his well being

Plus we have every game console ever invented

5 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Honestly I know it's impossible and maybe I'm being extreme but I hope with all my heart that every reporter/paparazzi who has harrassed him or his wife loses their job.

I don't even care that it's their job and it pays the bills if there's no basic humanity and decency left. Get another job that don't involve ruining people's lives.

This

5 hours ago, yanjun said:

Yes and no. He'd have a lot harder time getting one very basic need met here: private ice. Rinks in Canada are always in high high demand for hockey as well as figure skating. Trying to find any rink that could give him two uninterrupted hours of ice time daily would be REALLY difficult. 

I think for us as fans, the important thing we can do is make every thing Yuzu does professionally,  more wildly and incredibly successful than the world has ever seen. Naysayers won't get far against that kind of thing. Let's lift him up wherever we can. Sign up for his YouTube channel membership, buy the CLAMP book, buy the show tickets, donate to all his causes in his name, etc etc. Let the whole world know how much of a treasure he is. 

And then we'll see what happens.