General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, mercedes said:

if this is real it could be the beginning of a big change.

Unfortunately, as far as I understand, this only applies to social media. It doesn't address the main problem, which is the larger media companies, which can operate on a much larger scale than any individual SNS user, have the financial resources, lawyers and often political connections, and the manpower to carry out systemic harassment without repercussions. FS antis, random trolls and gullible gossip seekers are just another link in this chain, they just parrot and spread all the harmful nonsense, misinformation and hate they find in the tabloids, which is enough to make them complicit in destroying other people's lives, but not enough to solve the problem simply by increasing SNS operators' control over the content published on their platforms. It wasn't some random Twitter users who spied on Yuzuru, his partner, members of both their families and friends and invaded their private space to force them to disclose some information. So to me it looks more like a fig leaf, a perfect way to give the impression that someone is doing something in response to a momentary public outcry.

3 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

Unfortunately, as far as I understand, this only applies to social media. It doesn't address the main problem, which is the larger media companies, which can operate on a much larger scale than any individual SNS user, have the financial resources, lawyers and often political connections, and the manpower to carry out systemic harassment without repercussions. FS antis, random trolls and gullible gossip seekers are just another link in this chain, they just parrot and spread all the harmful nonsense, misinformation and hate they find in the tabloids, which is enough to make them complicit in destroying other people's lives, but not enough to solve the problem simply by increasing SNS operators' control over the content published on their platforms. It wasn't some random Twitter users who spied on Yuzuru, his partner, members of both their families and friends and invaded their private space to force them to disclose some information. So to me it looks more like a fig leaf, a perfect way to give the impression that someone is doing something in response to a momentary public outcry.

Yep I am aware the problem is way bigger but maybe it's a start.

For the rest I agree with you ,this needs a cultural and legal change so deep and not only in Japan and we all are far from that.