General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, isabelfm said:

"Notte Stellata" cast is out!

couldn't have pictured a better cast, i love all of them i'm so excited!!

[NEWS]

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

Yesterday I thought, it would be nice if Yuzu invited Keiji too. And today he's on the list.:yes: I was still expecting Ryuju Hino. But I'm satisfied with the lineup.:agree:

From yesterday's "news every" clip
Yuzu's smile at the end. :happy:

[NEWS]

So are people going to try for the Sendai skating festival tickets? The timing is completely wrong for me but I'll cheer on anyone else who can go.

It makes me super happy that Yuzu's going to include other skaters this time. His solo shows are stupendous but when he skates with his friends, it's another flavour all together.  I'm especially happy that we'll see Keiji and Jason. 

Shae Satoko Akiko Rika and Violetta - I like the number of women invited (out-numbering the men!!), and how wonderful to have Satoko and Akiko. Yuzuru always seemed to get on with them both very well and of course they are wonderful figure skaters too!

(and Shae of course, and undoubtedly Rika and Violetta too, he seems to get on well with most people really!)

(I had a little wish Patrick might be invited too tbh...)

A new round for GIFT starts today until the 16th. The results of the previous round have not even come out and there is another one. This is stressful...
Btw, if I have not misunderstood the automtic translation, this round is only for applying from mobile, and of course, only for Japanese numbers.

Good luck to those who can apply!

Hi everyone :grouphug:

I'd like to share the great news here too: we finally published Yuzu's two new Wiki articles in the mainspace :dancingpooh:

Ice shows produced by Yuzuru Hanyu (this article is nominated for the "Did you know" section on the main page)

List of programs and publications of Yuzuru Hanyu

The latter still needs a bit of polishment. The prose introductions for the single sections yet have to be written and some citations must be replaced with reliable secondary sources, but overall the list has grown splendidly, and we will keep updating it.

Another nice update happened on Yuzu's main biography. We managed to solve the "retirement" issue by turning the infobox into a general one about people, adding his occupations and active years, which are independent from his competitive skating career. It was really odd that the infobox only showed his retirement date, indicating that he is no longer active at all. We also changed the PB to his career best scores achieved in the old +3/-3 system, with a footnote that mentions his PB in the +5/-5 system.

Bonus: his article series is now directly embedded in the infobox, so that you can access the links to all sub-articles in mobile view as well. The previous template that was placed below the long infobox, only worked in desktop view.

Yuzuru Hanyu (main biography)

20 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I'd like to share the great news here too: we finally published Yuzu's two new Wiki articles in the mainspace :dancingpooh:

Ice shows produced by Yuzuru Hanyu (this article is nominated for the "Did you know" section on the main page)

The latter still needs a bit of polishment. The prose introductions for the single sections yet have to be written and some citations must be replaced with reliable secondary sources, but overall the list has grown splendidly, and we will keep updating it.

Another nice update happened on Yuzu's main biography. We managed to solve the "retirement" issue by turning the infobox into a general one about people, adding his occupations and active years, which are independent from his competitive skating career. It was really odd that the infobox only showed his retirement date, indicating that he is no longer active at all. We also changed the PB to his career best scores achieved in the old +3/-3 system, with a footnote that mentions his PB in the +5/-5 system.

Bonus: his article series is now directly embedded in the infobox, so that you can access the links to all sub-articles in mobile view as well. The previous template that was placed below the long infobox, only worked in desktop view.

A great job that you can be proud of :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::7938863:

9 hours ago, Pammi said:

Shae Satoko Akiko Rika and Violetta - I like the number of women invited (out-numbering the men!!), and how wonderful to have Satoko and Akiko. Yuzuru always seemed to get on with them both very well and of course they are wonderful figure skaters too!

(and Shae of course, and undoubtedly Rika and Violetta too, he seems to get on well with most people really!)

(I had a little wish Patrick might be invited too tbh...)

Yuzu inviting Patrick to skate at his show would be amazing! But I wonder, does Patrick actually still skate on a professional level and do ice shows?

7 hours ago, Anabel said:

A new round for GIFT starts today until the 16th. The results of the previous round have not even come out and there is another one. This is stressful...
Btw, if I have not misunderstood the automtic translation, this round is only for applying from mobile, and of course, only for Japanese numbers.

Good luck to those who can apply!

I really want to go and see Yuzu at the Tokyo Dome, but how to get a ticket??? :64341262: :crybaby: :smiley-sad058:

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

You and your team did such a great job, Henni! Thank you so much for all your hard work, time, effort, and dedication. Thanks to you and your team, Yuzu finally has a Wikipedia presence that is worthy of representing him and his great achievements. :multibow:

27 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Wow, this is really, really great, thank you! From the moment I saw the Prologue in Yokohama, I have been thinking what a shame it is that the (detailed, reliable, adequate) info about this amazing feat on the English Internet seems to be so scarce. As fans, we are determined to find every bit of information and watch every bit of material available about everything Yuzuru does, but for less interested people or those who haven't yet come across him it is harder now to find out about his recent activities and already unbelievable achievements as a pro due to the language barrier and his absence from competitions with their international media coverage and footage which can be viewed for free on YouTube. By filling this gap, you are doing an amazing job!