General Yuzuru Chat

Hi everyone! I rarely visit here anymore. I’m an old fan but made a new account here on Planet Hanyu because I can’t remember the password to my older account 🤦🏻‍♀️ Because I miss Yuzu, I’ve been going through my saved videos, gifs, photos and other content. I came across this photo. Can someone remind me where this gif is from and if there’s a video still available on YT or here on PH? I just know it’s from Tcc media days but can’t remember which year

Yuzu making faces at Brian 😂

48 minutes ago, Coachpooh said:

Hello everyone ! New here on Planet Hanyu! Because I miss Yuzu, I browsed my videos, gifs, photos and other saved content. I came across this photo. Can anyone remind me where this gif is from and if there is a video is still available on YT or here on PH? I just know it's from Tcc media days, but I can't remember what year

Yuzu makes funny faces at Brian😂

Same as Coatchpooh, have I seen it before? and I also appeal to a :wink_star:fanyu

Guest Mary_kyo

My God, he is just flawless

This is why I would like him to continue competing (Despite all the BS that is thrown to him). He is just getting better and better. It's so crazy. wow. 

Guest Mary_kyo

After finally getting calmer and watching his practice videos in Beijing, I personally wish Yuzu keeps competing for 2-3 more seasons, even if not for full season (like competing only in JNats and Worlds). I hope he keeps Rondo and goes the full “fck ISU and their BS stereotypes” mode and performs it in a pink/purple backless custome (with a better hairstyle ehehehe). I’m not sure how to feel about 4A. on one hand, he is so close and I strongly believe he is already landing it in practice. On the other hand, 4A takes a huge toll on his body, he looked so pale and damaged in Beijing. So I hope if he decides to continue chasing it, he approaches it with less pressure and not risking his health. About Tenchi, I wouldn’t mind to be blessed with it for another season but I would love to see a new FS program. I think Tenchi was already so perfect in both Jnats.

I know ISU/JSF are devils, FS is dead/corrupted, scoring is heartbreaking, Yuzu is mistreated, they don’t deserve him, etc but he is at the best he has ever been and retiring now is kinda regretful considering he can deliver his best competitive performances in the next years. However, it's all up to him and his ankle. I will support whatever he chooses.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, eren said:

As a new fan it's just wonderful to see how Yuzu's been improving over the years, comparing his performances of the same program, such as Parisienne Walkways 2014 Sochi vs PW 2019 Skate Canada. In my opinion Rondo is by far No.1 in terms of skating skills. It could have been an Olympic classic if it hadn't been for that bad luck. Tenchi is also great in composition (one of my favorites❤️). The man is still at his very best (despite the recently-injured ankle). Many people just forgot that. 

On 3/4/2022 at 7:21 PM, Geo1 said:

At present, he is the best that he has ever been. He is stronger, has more stamina, has better technique, has better skating skills and musicality than he has had before and these are all improving. Skating is his life and he has so much more that he wants to learn and to show the world.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

My God, he is just flawless

(...)

This is why I would like him to continue competing (Despite all the BS that is thrown to him). He is just getting better and better. It's so crazy. wow. 

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

but he is at the best he has ever been

Hi Everyone, I've never posted before (only lurking), so first of all - thank you so much for this place, it's simply amazing!

And I wanted to make my first post about something I really feel strongly about and it is exactly to stress how much I agree with all the above. 

I have been binge watching and rewatching all Yuzuru's programmes for the last three weeks and I am absolutely convinced he has improved in many ways - his moves, his transitions, his control of the ice, a detailed response to music, jumps looking even more natural and embedded in the artistic vision, the cohesion, sophistication but also the execution of the Tenchi programme is simply stunning. 

The comparison of the final sequence of Seimei is also very illustrative of his improvement - in the newer (practice) version the moves are sharper, more ballet-style and dramatic, and yet harmonious and natural, he seems to be more confident in claiming the space and responding to music, and together it generates so much energy and quality that these little performances (and especially Seimei) are so rewarding to watch.